Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 PM
AshleyLeeX

Color Third Eye Activation Advice??

Hi, my name is Ashley and recently I have become very interested in activating my third eye, as far as I know it is not open as I don't see colours when I close my eyes only whitish patterns that seem blurry.
I have been meditating quite regularly maybe 2-3 times a day and have recently been doing this with the aid of a binaural video on YouTube which I find helps a lot.
But really I'm just here for some advice and to see if I'm on the right track, I do occasionally get very severe headaches from meditation (not sure if I am doing anything wrong).
The meditation sessions I do last about 22 minutes (length of the video) and the other day I was in a deep state of meditation where I felt as if I couldn't move my body (although I knew in the back of my mind I would be able to if I really had to) and stupidly my boyfriend came in and was asking where is the chocolate :/ it felt as if it took every ounce of energy I had just to move my mouth and say GET OUT, GO AWAY, GET OUT. But at the same time it didn't feel like it was me saying these things so rudely I just wanted so much for him to stop talking to me and after that I just couldn't concentrate, I felt bad for the way I spoke to him, so I went out got the chocolate for him then told him not to bother me for the next 20 minutes and started the video again.

This time I fell back into a deep state of meditation which I always do lying down with my hands resting on top of each other on my rib cage so I can feel my breath as I inhale and exhale, I feel very breathless when I meditate and feel like I need to come back to my consciousness to take a big gasp of air because I feel like I have been holding my breath for a long time (not sure if I actually am).

This time I had some strange feelings in my body like my hands had moulded together to be one not two and a slight feeling of floating or maybe weightlessness, I also felt a strong twitch a few times that felt as if it were coming from my hairline right down between my eyebrows like very strong (not sure if it has anything to do with my pineal gland?) this session is probably my biggest breakthrough as I remember actually seeing images popping up in my mind which has never happened before and I remember seeing blackness and white blurry rings kind of expanding past my view like I was going deeper into them then they would go from outside my view and decrease in size like I was going backward then forward again till I suddenly saw a woman who was luminescently white with hair covering her face and the top half of her body and as soon as I realised what I saw I was back in my conscious mind and unable to stop thinking about it so that ruined the rest of my meditation session because I was unable to clear my mind..

Everything I have ever saw has only been white so I am wondering if it is possible for your third eye to be partly open or is it an all or nothing kind of thing? Just needing someone experienced to give advice to give me some inspiration.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 PM
millergrls

When I work on activating my pineal gland (third eye) I often have headaches. At one point when I worked on it a couple of times a day for a week I had headaches often everyday for a couple of weeks. This is your third eye opening. As far as color goes not sure if not seeing it means that your third eye is not open. I have not heard of that before. Some may know more than I. It sounds to me like you are on the right track. Keep up that goodwork. Blessed be..

Sorry forgot to to subscribe
Old 09-03-2013, 09:49 PM
AshleyLeeX

The other day I meditated before bed and afterwards I felt fine but in the morning i woke up with an intense headache, soo weird! :( but I guess I can accept it if it means my pineal gland is decalcifying.. I have been finding lately I have the most intense dreams I always wake up in such a rush/panic mode and it takes quite some time to calm myself.. I myself am not sure about the seeing colours with eyes closed thing as third eye being opened I think maybe it was just reoccurring in many of the online articles I have read. It can be quite overwhelming to think about how much there is still out there to learn.. There are so many theories out there how do I know which path to take or which to believe?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Idea...try gently keeping your eyeballs absolutely still...there are diff ways.
Always with washed hands try resting the heels of your hands or palms on your eyes.
They fit comfortably....never push just keep the eyes still when concentrating at the
Third Eye area.
Enjoy, like u would looking at a kaleidoscope.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Anandini.Devotee

Binerial beats and just witness, relax, don't force thoughts to stop but don't encourage them either
Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 PM
millergrls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Idea...try gently keeping your eyeballs absolutely still...there are diff ways.
Always with washed hands try resting the heels of your hands or palms on your eyes.
They fit comfortably....never push just keep the eyes still when concentrating at the
Third Eye area.
Enjoy, like u would looking at a kaleidoscope.

I agree with this, I have tried this and it works. Good techniuqe
Old 10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Niebla0007

One thing which may help you with your headache when meditating is,
absolutely giving in, instead of trying hard on achieving it
is be at absolute peace of mind about it instead.
Another factor for some people on going to trance is having less to eat.
The common way most people got their eyes activated is through work of their own chakra.

Stress, hangovers, some foods, some medications, lack of coffee if used to having it regularly also contributes to getting headaches.
Don't forget how lifestyle, diet, & how you spend your days affect you as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Bodhi_Spirit

Personally I would advise against using binaural beats or isochronic tones for the purpose of activating any of your chakras. I also believe you're doing the meditation way too often, that can also cause problems for you. What you're doing by using binaural beats or isochronic tones is putting yourself in a meditate state that you have not learned to do without any aid. Sure it can be great every once in a while so you know what it feels like to have a deep meditation but you should not make this your only method of meditation.

I speak from personal experience and with the knowledge gained through many emails and conversations with yoga teachers to reiki masters. They all have stated to me that they did not really like the idea of using such methods to open any of the chakras. When asked why, all of their reasons were about the same. You're forcing something to happen and it can have a lot of potential side effects and possible harm to the person. The best and safest method is through normal chakra meditations maybe a few days a week and some sort of yoga practice several times a week.

My last bit of advice to you is to really ask yourself why do you only want to open the Ajna chakra? You may very well have some wonderful experiences when yours fully opens. I myself did after adjusting but I also very recently have been through some very scary experiences, that I'm just now understanding and coming to terms with. These things can sometimes be quite intense when they happen. In all honesty I wasn't looking to have visions or see and hear spirits when I started meditating. I just wanted to clear out any bad energy and get my chakras working properly. It's not so much fun when your trying to get some sleep but instead you're being bothered by spirits....

Here is a video with a meditation I highly recommend if you continue to seek to open Ajna chakra fully. I feel it's a much safer method of doing so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zCxVswwMkA
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Racer X

It opens naturally when you are ready.

You really do not need to focus on that......... but you may have to learn that the hard way if your desire is too strong.

I suggest you read Yoganandas book "Autobiography Of A Yogi" before proceeding with trying to activate that ......... this will guide you more naturally and help balance all chakras , it is dangerous to open that one without first balancing the lower ones. I have witnessed tragedy in very close friends who lost there minds through unbalanced lower centers while the 3rd eye opened. You also may not experience colors as it opens, my friend sees colors but I do not. He has seen vibrant Violet Light and Midnight Blues flowing all around my head as I work with him. I already knew those opened up a long time ago......... but I did it without trying to do it. I focused only on a Personal DIVINE Communion and that comes with great protections~!

"How You Can Talk With GOD" by Yogananda records what I experienced , though not my personal experience. It is the surest PATH to your Divine Nature~
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Anandini.Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
It opens naturally when you are ready.

You really do not need to focus on that......... but you may have to learn that the hard way if your desire is too strong.

I suggest you read Yoganandas book "Autobiography Of A Yogi" before proceeding with trying to activate that ......... this will guide you more naturally and help balance all chakras , it is dangerous to open that one without first balancing the lower ones. I have witnessed tragedy in very close friends who lost there minds through unbalanced lower centers while the 3rd eye opened. You also may not experience colors as it opens, my friend sees colors but I do not. He has seen vibrant Violet Light and Midnight Blues flowing all around my head as I work with him. I already knew those opened up a long time ago......... but I did it without trying to do it. I focused only on a Personal DIVINE Communion and that comes with great protections~!

"How You Can Talk With GOD" by Yogananda records what I experienced , though not my personal experience. It is the surest PATH to your Divine Nature~
That's the greatest book I've ever read.

I think you should take the advise if your really sirious that book has been such an eye opener if not for THAT BOOK I'd have never even met my Guru. Om Nama shivaya