Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-02-2013, 11:23 AM
ElectricMan

A relaxed life through Meditation

Working in a Sales environment I became very stressed. I was advised to start Meditation so that is exactly what I did. I was recommended a place for Healthy Living so I visited their website for this place and found some great information about their Meditation classes. I am now taking Meditation classes there and my life has become a lot more relaxed and enjoyable.

Last edited by Neville : 22-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 18-02-2013, 09:47 AM
ZenGuruPaul

Yeah meditation is one form of stress release, I do it all the time. Your next best stress releaver is simply learning how to live healthier, im hoping you're working on that too eh?
Old 18-02-2013, 09:50 AM
ElectricMan

Of course, but if you have any tips on how I can improve that then please let me know...?
Old 18-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Experiencer

Meditation goes with prayers also.

During my nightly prayers before meditation, I ask father if I could release any negative energies that I felt during the day, to him. Sometimes I begin to feel all those negative energies come up from my stomach, and into my solar plexus for release. I then begin to cry like a little baby, even on the smallest of things.

Another thing to help stress is through stretching, get that circulation moving through your body, especially your lower half of the body.

One practice I like to do is bend down and put your hands on the floor in front of your feet. You will then feel your feet fall asleep, but hold that position as long as possible. Then stand up with your knees slightly bent, then feel your feet start to get a cool feeling, and then repeat. Do this everyday improves your energy flow, it also keeps your feet warm during winter months.

Drink lots of water also, as the energy flows more fluidly in water.
Old 18-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricMan
Working in a Sales environment I became very stressed. I was advised to start Meditation so that is exactly what I did. I was recommended The Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living so I visited their website letchworthcentre.com and found some great information about their Meditation classes. I am now taking Meditation classes at the Letchworth Centre and my life has become a lot more relaxed and enjoyable.

Totally. It's a good thing.
Old 20-02-2013, 04:24 AM
ZenGuruPaul

You can live healthier by not eating processed foods. The cleaner and more natural the food is the better you will feel. Of course other things like physical activity and trying to have a more overall balance of life.
Old 20-02-2013, 09:57 AM
ElectricMan

Thanks for the tips. I have just also started taking Yoga classes to try and improve my physical and mental fitness even more. Please let me know your opinions on Yoga?
Old 20-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricMan
Thanks for the tips. I have just also started taking Yoga classes to try and improve my physical and mental fitness even more. Please let me know your opinions on Yoga?

Awesome... yeah Yoga!
Old 22-02-2013, 11:38 AM
ElectricMan

Thanks very much, I am starting some Yoga classes in the next few weeks .
Old 23-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Anandini.Devotee

I have become very relaxed also stuff just doesn't bother me like it used to :) ill be starting meditation yoga classes soon too here is a wonderful site about yoga I love the functions of the mind article http://www.swamij.com/