Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-03-2013, 01:28 AM
spiritual_being83

Smile Being Present

I am fairly new to meditation (have done it in the past but never stuck with it) and am currently doing a meditation challenge that is 21 days long. I am on day 10 today and something that has come to my mind after each meditation is to be present in the moment you are meditating. It is so important to just focus on the self while meditating and give yourself the gift of not only the meditation but honoring yourself and your spirit. Remembering to be present not only in the time of meditation but in life has been key for me for a long time and I wanted to share this advice which I received from a wonderful friend a long time ago. I hope you all benefit from this small pearl of wisdom as I have. Light, Love and Healing!
Old 21-03-2013, 04:10 AM
Deactivated Account
good for you! Someone once gave me good advice re meditation, they said it's pretty challenging to fully shut off all thoughts (part of ultimately just be-ing in the present moment), so one thing we can do is to simply observe our thoughts while meditating and recognize their general negativity or positivity. best of luck continuing on your meditative journey!
Old 22-03-2013, 11:23 PM
spiritual_being83

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight
good for you! Someone once gave me good advice re meditation, they said it's pretty challenging to fully shut off all thoughts (part of ultimately just be-ing in the present moment), so one thing we can do is to simply observe our thoughts while meditating and recognize their general negativity or positivity. best of luck continuing on your meditative journey!

whitelight,

You are very spot on. It is not always easy but I have also come to remember to be gentle with myself and just be in the moment of meditation. I mentally acknowledge thoughts and repeat the mantra for the day to bring myself back to the purpose of what I am doing and it helps. I hope as I continue to meditate I learn even more about myself, spiritual and otherwise:)
Old 23-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Suspended
Good Advice!
Old 24-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Michellels

Just be present in the moment. Oh my goodness, I am fairly new to meditation as well and have been confused on what to focus on what not to focus on.. There is so much people say about meditating that this advice feels great for starters :)) Just easy and simple. As soon as I slow down thoughts, I've been confused on what I'm suppost to do with the empty space.. This makes sense! Just be present.
Old 24-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Yamah

This advice sounds simple and it is said over and over everywhere... but until you realize it yourself you can never achieve it. congratulations SB83, you have taken a remarkable little step.
Old 24-03-2013, 01:59 PM
spiritual_being83

Smile

Yamah, Michellels, et al.

It is indeed a simple thought but simple is not always easy to remember. This small lesson is something that I have had to re-learn from time to time but I have given my spirit over to this lesson and it has made my meditation practice easier and I look forward to keeping up my practice after my challenge concludes in a week and a half.