Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 AM
Racer X

What would you have done?

A Semi barreling down the freeway came upon a disciplined man~
He edged up to the rear of car ..... 10 feet , 8 feet , 6 feet.....perhaps closer~

The truck driver blared his horn and edged closer still~
The man in the car did...... nothing~

The truck driver finally changed lanes and then kept part of his truck in the same lane as the car~
He tried in vain to scare the driver of the car and edged within 18 inches of the car~

The man in the car still did nothing~

He did not raise his fist~
He did not gesture with his fingers~
He did not speed up~
He did not slow down~
He did not swerve~

He was steadfast and fearless~

His bumper sticker read "God is my Pilot...... I am just the co-pilot"
Old 08-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Gracey

That happened to me when i was pregnant with the twins, i was not driving, but i sure did feel caution.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Master
Its hard to say by your story, the man in the car could have been driving too slow in a lane that was meant to speed up traffic, this would make the man in the car, selfish.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Master
Your question doesn't indicate what I would have done....meaning that "I" am the driver of the car or the driver of the big truck? Or an observer?

Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 AM
silent whisper

Well I would be listening to my intution as to what to do next when that big hooer snuck that close.....god is my Pilot right?
Old 08-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Ascender
A similar thing has happened to me before. I simply moved out of the truck's way as soon as it approached. It defused the situation before anything happened.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Mountain-Goat

I was coming home one arvie from a job, back in the mid 2000's when i used to work.
My work vehicle at the time was a '93 lancer coupe.

Stock standard except for wide low profiles and a slightly modified exhaust which gave it a good note.
I paid $2600 for it as it already had hail damage, which was one of the reasons i bought it.
It was one of my all time fav work cars and I used to valve bounce it through every gear.

It was late arvie and the left lane of the hiway a few K's before my turnoff was bumper to bumper and going at a snails pace.
I was flying down the right lane at 100K.

A rather troubled truck driver saw me flying down the road and decided to pull out from the left lane into the right to block me.
I though this was a fun experience so I just drove behind him at a snail's pace till I could get into the left lane to turn off.
After a few minutes of joyful snail paced driving i saw a gap on the left and got into the left lane.

Bumper to bumper in the left lane, I just got level to the truck's cabin and the rather troubled truck driver, still manifesting some strange alpha male tendencies i theorized,
now wanted to return to the left lane and began slowly veering into my lane.

I had some sweet trance music playing on my headfones, I had a productive day at work and I just hgad a jolly good thrash in my car on the way home.
Iwas so happy and excited to see this crazy truck driver veering purposely into my lane.
I suspect he really believed he was powerful in his huge vehicle and that i would quickly back off\slow down to let him come over.

I joyfully ignored him and kept driving straight ahead.
He just kept coming over, and I just kept in position.
He got that close I could read the fine print on his tires. It was so fun.
It was also most cool in the shade of his huge vehicle.

I just laughed more and more because I didn't care one bit if he hit my car, that his insane behaviour of changing lanes to block me and his wanting to return to block me again was so funny.
And I was imagining what he was thinking and feeling when he saw that I wasn't intimidated, especially when he had to go back to his own lane.

That was such a fun experience.
God was not involved in this experience.
If god were, they most likely would've been in the passenger seat laughing their heads off.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
I was coming home one arvie from a job, back in the mid 2000's when i used to work.
My work vehicle at the time was a '93 lancer coupe.

Stock standard except for wide low profiles and a slightly modified exhaust which gave it a good note.
I paid $2600 for it as it already had hail damage, which was one of the reasons i bought it.
It was one of my all time fav work cars and I used to valve bounce it through every gear.

It was late arvie and the left lane of the hiway a few K's before my turnoff was bumper to bumper and going at a snails pace.
I was flying down the right lane at 100K.

A rather troubled truck driver saw me flying down the road and decided to pull out from the left lane into the right to block me.
I though this was a fun experience so I just drove behind him at a snail's pace till I could get into the left lane to turn off.
After a few minutes of joyful snail paced driving i saw a gap on the left and got into the left lane.

Bumper to bumper in the left lane, I just got level to the truck's cabin and the rather troubled truck driver, still manifesting some strange alpha male tendencies i theorized,
now wanted to return to the left lane and began slowly veering into my lane.

I had some sweet trance music playing on my headfones, I had a productive day at work and I just hgad a jolly good thrash in my car on the way home.
Iwas so happy and excited to see this crazy truck driver veering purposely into my lane.
I suspect he really believed he was powerful in his huge vehicle and that i would quickly back off\slow down to let him come over.

I joyfully ignored him and kept driving straight ahead.
He just kept coming over, and I just kept in position.
He got that close I could read the fine print on his tires. It was so fun.
It was also most cool in the shade of his huge vehicle.

I just laughed more and more because I didn't care one bit if he hit my car, that his insane behaviour of changing lanes to block me and his wanting to return to block me again was so funny.
And I was imagining what he was thinking and feeling when he saw that I wasn't intimidated, especially when he had to go back to his own lane.

That was such a fun experience.
God was not involved in this experience.
If god were, they most likely would've been in the passenger seat laughing their heads off.

So if you were in this scenario with a god sticker on your car....you would simply apply god to yourself in this case...and have some fun with it...seems pefectly logical to me......and you enjoyed the moment complete..but hey trance music lol!!!

I have a not so nice story that played out behind a truck recently..A car with a two young people in it was behind me and I was behind two trucks..The two in the car behind me kept accelarating up close and backing off...My body went into a cold sweat on some level and I felt some measure of fear come over me. At that point of feeling their pressure to get going, I made the decision to stay put..In time they zoomed on past me and the two trucks...About twenty minutes down the road just on dusk...the traffic came to a near halt..I couldnt see properly but enough to see a very bad accident...it was their car....I learned in the next town they collided head on with a truck...and were both killed...I often wonder if that fear I feeling of a cold sweat in me was more than my own....I think I went into shock after that!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
So if you were in this scenario with a god sticker on your car....you would simply apply god to yourself in this case...and have some fun with it...seems pefectly logical to me......and you enjoyed the moment complete..but hey trance music lol!!!
No, I would not apply god to myself.
I have no knowledge of god so it would be illogical of me to apply them to myself.

Quote:
I have a not so nice story that played out behind a truck recently..A car with a two young people in it was behind me and I was behind two trucks..The two in the car behind me kept accelarating up close and backing off...My body went into a cold sweat on some level and I felt some measure of fear come over me. At that point of feeling their pressure to get going, I made the decision to stay put..In time they zoomed on past me and the two trucks...About twenty minutes down the road just on dusk...the traffic came to a near halt..I couldnt see properly but enough to see a very bad accident...it was their car....I learned in the next town they collided head on with a truck...and were both killed...I often wonder if that fear I feeling of a cold sweat in me was more than my own....I think I went into shock after that!
I would not be surprized if part of you knew what was about to happen.
But it could also be a normal fear response of someone who is thinking of what might occur.
I had a similar feeling when a semi overtook us in the middle of the night, up a hill, on a blind corner, doing 100K.
Any car coming the other way then and it would've been a horrible accident.
Nothing happened but the fear was quite intense and we were both shaken up from it.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Ascender
Well when you find your way to enlightenment you will sometimes experience that others try to show you another way or even try to persuade you to go faster and slower. The most important is that you give room to others and make sure that your way, are of no hindrance to others. There are many spiritual ways to enlightenment but the true ones make room for others.

Our higher selves / god, spirits are the guides on our path, but it’s our self that makes the choices witch way we go.

Maybe I got it all wrong, but I sometimes see things in another perspective.

What would you have done?
Make room for others and continue my way, I go my way and you go your way, and I’ll send all the peace, love and some light on their way if I can.

Thanks for sharing Racer X

Yours

A Peaceful Mind