Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Master
A lot of the time, suffering happens when you are not being true to yourself.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
What kind of harm are you speaking about? Do you mean physical harm or choice for oneself where it hurts another?

Just remember that suffering is perceived through the one suffering.

I mean all harm. That would be all. That is quite large I know. All would be equivalent to any. I love the wiccan philosophy of do no harm. So I don't use the word "or". There is no such thing as or. I'd step in either case of harm or hurt and at least ask.

Physical harm of course is easy to grasp which is why the word "or" seems to be relevant and fitting. Can the spoken word be included as words can be very powerful and intentional (agenda). The most manifesting is usually though words. Bullying would an example, words are not harm in the sense above but hurt. Of course hurt is considered less important but in the light of harm or hurt, neither should be done imo. So neither! Manipulation and control would be examples to, they can be harm or hurt which is why they are inclusive for me.

It is an interesting thought, I am not the bully or the bullied, but I hear it and so am I involved, am I to learn. I do think we were put here for each other and so this is the basis of my thought I (person C) am here to learn to and learn from that which I do not do.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
A lot of the time, suffering happens when you are not being true to yourself.

Yes, it has been said suffering is the feeling something needs to be changed. I tend to experience it more in the realm of others suffering and so I think that means I see that that is what I feel needs to be changed.
Old 17-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I mean all harm. That would be all. That is quite large I know. All would be equivalent to any. I love the wiccan philosophy of do no harm. So I don't use the word "or". There is no such thing as or. I'd step in either case of harm or hurt and at least ask.

The reason I asked you about what kind of harm, is that harm is again an interpretation at a point of "infliction" and "pain" yet if for example that person frees themselves from the infliction and pain, the suffering right through to forgiveness, will often if released from them, become a point of reconciliation and peace. Even as the one going through the suffering may suffer and have to experience the fallout, sometimes harm is the catalyst of deeper realization and understanding in realization "we are the whole" situation that we experience and have the power to change that experience into an empowered peaceful place within us, through the whole experience inclusive of the other. Harm and hurt through others in my world has allowed me to open deeper to a deeper state of peace in myself and bring them into that peace in me as one. If I think about the harm, its peace now for them and myself as one in me and that is important to my own process that I choose and am aware I can be. I am not advocating we harm others, but the nature of this world is that we do at times experience harm and hurt through others, it does become a teacher, within us as we choose to see it and understand it all.

Quote:
Physical harm of course is easy to grasp which is why the word "or" seems to be relevant and fitting. Can the spoken word be included as words can be very powerful and intentional (agenda). The most manifesting is usually though words. Bullying would an example, words are not harm in the sense above but hurt. Of course hurt is considered less important but in the light of harm or hurt, neither should be done imo. So neither! Manipulation and control would be examples to, they can be harm or hurt which is why they are inclusive for me.

All kinds of harm are unacceptable and people have the right to feel safe and protected from harm. All the same, if we look at life as it is, it seems most of us cant avoid some kind of harm or hurt through our lived experience. We are immersed in all kinds of pain and suffering even as we may not be the one inflicting pain and suffering on others, it is there in others and we have a responsibility to ourselves in the face of that all the same. If you look at those that seem to be catalyst through suffering as the one on the receiving end, they often will and find a deeper level of peace and empowerment, or they become passionate for "their cause" and that is what the world needs to end suffering for a greater number. Sometimes the receiver of harm, learns about harm and will take a stand for others because they as the experiencer, understand and will lead from that awareness. If they didn't understand perhaps they wouldn't intervene or do something for the greater good of all those suffering or harmed. It seems it is part of our human nature to move and bring change when we feel passionate and inspired through something within our own personal experience that signals, that piece of the whole requires us to support something differently. Going through experiences first hand tends to show the way in this regard more significantly as I see it.
Quote:
It is an interesting thought, I am not the bully or the bullied, but I hear it and so am I involved, am I to learn. I do think we were put here for each other and so this is the basis of my thought I (person C) am here to learn to and learn from that which I do not do.

Learn from it all as I see it. Everything that happens is a catalyst of deeper awareness and change. Looking into others suffering or our own, dealing with things directly or indirectly, its all connected and where we look and focus within all that has opportunities to notice more ongoing. To understand more through yourself as the one taking responsibility to the cause your life wishes to invest in.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-05-2018, 05:48 AM
Knower

Progression & Ascension.
In regards to every domain
and plane of existence.

I, also, believe this is entirely
dependent on the individual
and if they consciously accept
& are aware of the potential
for growth rooted in their
conditions / Earthly incarnate.
Then consciously act to
embark on that journey.

The potential for growth on the
physical and psychological
landscapes are obvious. The
spiritual expansion occurs when
you transcend these conditions
entirely and no longer identify
with them at all - when you see through
to the core & acknowledge the infinite, eternal,
and immortal being that you are. This
reflects through your vessel. Your
life. The lives of others.

Irregardless of the ability for
one to advance & transcend
these conditions, does not
make it acceptable for these
conditions to persist on Earth.

These conditions are reflections of the
imbalances that are still present in man.
The high percentage that are still
enslaved and refuse to answer to their
higher selves / unifying self.
Old 18-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
We all suffer in life to a degree.

Some more than others, but from what I have read, Earth is a tough school.

If you suffer more than most due to illness or poverty etc, what is the benefit to the soul?

What happens to the soul due to the learning experience on Earth?

Sometimes, suffering can be necessary to develop a better personality and a different outlook on life. However, too much unnecessary suffering like in my case is completely useless and only hinders this so-called spiritual growth. If this rotten planet is indeed a school then I have learned some lessons. However, not the kind of lessons THEY would probably want me to learn but to be honest I couldn't care less about that since that's not my problem.

As for what happens to the soul, well the soul is basically just our incorporeal form so it most likely feels/thinks the same things we do, including suffering.
Old 18-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Master

Potential and growth then. Is this the key? I'm hearing it over and over again.
Old 18-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Master
The benefit is that the suffering is contained within the life. When the life ends, so does the suffering.
Old 18-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
... that person frees themselves from the infliction and pain, the suffering right through to forgiveness, will often if released from them, become a point of reconciliation and peace. Harm and hurt through others in my world has allowed me to open deeper to a deeper state of peace in myself and bring them into that peace in me as one.

Thank you. You are very intuitive and explained so much but still there is more even reaching that point. Cause and effect (ripple effect). I made that up. I would never argue with what was said. Call it a by-product that comes out of individual balance and peace achieved, cause and effect that affects everyone around the individual. I was just wondering how important that is to. Peace brings out peace and balance beyond the individual that results, everything is affected. As an unenlightened person I just see that happens from that, it opens the universe so to speak. It makes me feel safe to, which allows me to grow. Guess I'm just not clear. I just think this is a benefit to, this by-product I see that create ripples by a single person.
Old 18-05-2018, 10:35 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I feel roughly the same and there's so much to retain so I suppose my 'mind' is a yoke on which the bits hang then I can go through them if I have to. It's been a long term interest but the hope of knowing everything is pretty remote (for me, anyway).
Our noggins - like the rest of us - are leaky old entropic systems. Well, mine is anyways. On the plus side it's called Living in the Now and it's also very liberating. Someone once asked me "Can we not simply exist?" Ain't the Universe great?

Quote:
If I may say, you seem engaged in the clinical side.
My own Spirituality has always been about what makes me tick and the clinical side makes me tick also.

Quote:
When spiritually-inspired people shun psychology and neuroscience (and quantum maybe) they seem to be slamming a door on many possibilities. Or perhaps the subject is too heavy-going or unromantic which I'd bet weighs into it.

Well, the book is on its way. A big tome - 800+ pages but if similar books are anything to go by, about 15% will be references. On glancing though the contents on Amazon it may serve as a workbook as much as a straight-through narrative. Let's wait and see. With the improving weather I can sit on the beach to read it when not working.

Cheers. :)

When All That Is isn't all that is? You were saying about Spiritually-inspired people and self awareness? For a long time science and Spirituality have been worlds apart, but Haramein said that Spirituality is the science we don't yet understand. Psychology, neuroscience and perhaps even having a quantum-capable noggin makes me tick and fires the imagination and the possibilities. And the Spirituality.

Considering who wrote the book then it being more science-journally is to be expected I suppose, but them Hamerof has shown some Spiritual inclination in some of his YouTubes so it might not be so dry as you might imagine. Penrose is very much the scientist so it must make for interesting conversations between the two of them.

The beach is but five minutes drive from here, and from the promenade I can look across to the North Sea and the Dogger Bank, where they found some Atlantean-like structures below the sea. The area was above water in pre-Deluvian times and back then it was possible to walk from here to Sweden and Norway. Can't help but wonder about my anscestors.

Have fun