Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Master
Does intake of sugar inhibit spiritual growth?

Does the intake of sugar or sweet things inhibit spiritual growth ?
All my life i had a sweet tooth, but the last year or so, sweet things have been giving me a lot of trouble.

Today, i ate some cake after lunch. Boy, did i have an unpleasant experience.

I just want to know if sugary things indeed have a detrimental effect on ones spirituality ?
Old 09-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Master
Well what sweet things are you talking about..?

Fizzy drinks, milk chocolate, cakes. If you eat these sort of things around the clock, at some point they would have a accumulative effect on your health. Which in return will effect your emotion's, and psychological health. So yes certain sweet things which provide the body with no nutrients and minerals will effect you.

If you are really worried about sweet things, eat fruit instead of cakes. The body need's sugar, all carbohydrates are broken down into sugar/glucose within the human body to produce energy/atp. But you have to watch where you are getting your carbohydrates from, vegetables, fruits, complex carbohydrates or fizzy drinks, cakes and sweets.

Ultimately anything that will effect your health, will effect your spiritually. I don't really think a morbidly obese person suffering from metabolic syndrome and diabetes due to excessively eating unhealthy food and lack of physical exercise! will have the mindset for spirituality.

I don't think this is a game, and we all enjoy sweets and cakes now and again. But treat your body with respect, its the most precious and valuable thing you will ever own.
Old 20-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Master
In chinese medicine sweet things are said to activate the spleemn/pancreas meridian. Unsurprising really as western medicine connects the pancreas and blood sugar. Craving starch and sugars supposedly indicates a weakened spleen/pancreas meridian. The pancreas' ability to regulate blood sugar being compromised, the body craves the sugar not present in thew blood. Type of sugar, as highlighted by MP is relevant, though a sugar spike from organic fruit is practically as detrimental as one from the yuck that is white refined sugar.

Sugar is one of the main foods for the brian...that's blood sugar not white sugar...big difference. Serotonin is made from sugars/starches by the main governing gland, hat control all others and relaxation. I think it's interesting that humans eat far too much sugar and ultimately this will make our pancreas' evolve to be bigger and thus make more seratonin via increased ability to metabolise sugars and have them used by the brain...and ultimately serve us. Already our pancreas is bigger than any animals, relative to weight/size. Why?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."

Last edited by Arcturus : 20-04-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 20-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourJourney
Does the intake of sugar or sweet things inhibit spiritual growth ?
All my life i had a sweet tooth, but the last year or so, sweet things have been giving me a lot of trouble.

Today, i ate some cake after lunch. Boy, did i have an unpleasant experience.

I just want to know if sugary things indeed have a detrimental effect on ones spirituality ?

It depends where you or anyone is on their journey. All highly processed foods dull your reception. Not sure if this makes sens.
I used to love all or most sweet things. 15 years ago I gave away all meats and other animals. But I knew that at some point I would have to give up all processed foods. This time came about 5 years ago. For me this is no problem, I know what I have to do and I just do it. There never has been any form of graving. Now when I like something sweet I eat dates figs with some walnuts or almonds.
Old 20-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorG3
Type of sugar, as highlighted by MP is relevant, though a sugar spike from organic fruit is practically as detrimental as one from the yuck that is white refined sugar.

No...

Organic fruit will contain vitamins, minerals and some fiber. Your body ultimately has to make energy/ATP from glucose, it will break down fats into glucose, carbohydrates into glucose, and it can even break down protein into glucose. Technically the reason why sugar or carbohydrates can be a problem for humans, is because we are poorly adapted to metabolizing carbohydrates/sugar, and one of the major reason because of this is because......we do not produce are own Vitamin C. So ether which way sugar will in large amounts from refined sugar or fruits be a issue, but with fruits you are also getting the synergistic work of minerals and vitamins. Which act as co-factors to sugar metabolism! so it helps you metabolize it better!

When you just drink fizzy drinks or refined white sugar. These food items have zero nutritional value, and the body has a very hard time metabolizing them because it needs minerals and vitamins to carry this job out. In the end your body ends up leeching minerals, from elsewhere to metabolized the refined sugars.

So if this kid, is wanting to eat something sweet! i suggest he eats fruit. We have the gene to produce Vitamin C, but mysteriously it is mutated...(The mutation is abit strange aswell)..

But i wonder weather some people in Africa, don't have it mutated. Or maybe express the gene ever so slightly. Strangely enough babies where found in south Africa who where suffering from malnutrition but where producing their own vitamin C.

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/08...pos075721.html
Old 20-04-2015, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
I eat things with sugar in them. I am not fussy. Within reason. I couldn't eat too much, but I like sweet things.

I have fruit etc for breakfast every day. That has sugar. I prefer a proper dinner (I wouldn't just eat cake) but can't see the harm in having something sweet as well....

Mind you I am not diabetic and don't have any allergies, or problems with it and have no weight issues.
I don't honestly feel it has made any difference to what moves me spiritually, and what I am learning as I move through life.
Old 21-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
No...

Organic fruit will contain vitamins, minerals and some fiber. Your body ultimately has to make energy/ATP from glucose, it will break down fats into glucose, carbohydrates into glucose, and it can even break down protein into glucose. Technically the reason why sugar or carbohydrates can be a problem for humans, is because we are poorly adapted to metabolizing carbohydrates/sugar, and one of the major reason because of this is because......we do not produce are own Vitamin C. So ether which way sugar will in large amounts from refined sugar or fruits be a issue, but with fruits you are also getting the synergistic work of minerals and vitamins. Which act as co-factors to sugar metabolism! so it helps you metabolize it better!

When you just drink fizzy drinks or refined white sugar. These food items have zero nutritional value, and the body has a very hard time metabolizing them because it needs minerals and vitamins to carry this job out. In the end your body ends up leeching minerals, from elsewhere to metabolized the refined sugars.

So if this kid, is wanting to eat something sweet! i suggest he eats fruit. We have the gene to produce Vitamin C, but mysteriously it is mutated...(The mutation is abit strange aswell)..

But i wonder weather some people in Africa, don't have it mutated. Or maybe express the gene ever so slightly. Strangely enough babies where found in south Africa who where suffering from malnutrition but where producing their own vitamin C.

http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/08...pos075721.html

Yes goddammit I tell you, yes yes!

I do agree that if you're gonna o.d. on sugar then best to do it natural stuff but for sure too, you can get overweight and even diabetic, from just drinking too much fruit sugar, even if it were organic. So it can be made unhealthy. That is the point I was trying to make.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."