Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 AM
Merlina

Question Are Spirit Boards Dangerous?

Hi everyone... So I was just wondering what your guys' views, opinions and experiences are regarding spirit boards. I apologize if I posted about this before and forgot, but even if I had, my opinion has changed radically over the last few weeks.

I bought The Enchanted Spellboard by Amy Zerner and Monte Farber. I love their tarot, The Enchanted Tarot, and I have some of their other oracle items - they've been producing a LOT of oracle kits since the 1980s... Anyway, it is not just a lettered board. I have one of those although it's not a Ouija brand version because I think those are ugly and have creepy images on them - I don't want to approach a divination form that I think looks disturbing because that just sets the mood for having a bad experience from the get-go. I have one that's pastel with a fairy on it, although I don't use it much because all it spells out is gobble-dee-guck. Occasionally I can figure out some misspelled wording, but the messages are usually just strange and don't provide me with anything other than perhaps some lame, desperately boring entertainment to kill some time with.

So anyway... The board that I have from Zerner-Farber has eight rings on it. You're supposed to begin learning from the outside and work your way inward. The outer most part is just yes and no, maybe and question (which means to rephrase or ask something else). Next to those words, also on the outer ring are the gemstones, "garnet, aquamarine, citrine, amethyst, tourmaline, turquoise, sapphire and jade." The next ring has the prewritten words, "day, night, unknown, near, far, night, wrong, reap, sow, fix, break, gain, take, past, present, and future." The next ring in has sixteen different colors and all of the zodiac signs. The next ring has letters. The next ring closing in toward the center has the trees, "laurel, willow, elm, holly, beech, oak, maple, walnut, ash, chestnut, fir and cedar." And the second to last circle has, what looks like enchantresses or muses, each with a different concept written above her, and those are, "courage, wellness, creativity, abundance, enlightenment, banishing, location, timing, joy, success, communication, and love." Lastly, there's a ring of numbers, and inside that is the center, which is a pentacle. The planchette's starting place is in the center on the pentacle, and it's a round, clear, plastic, circular piece with a clear center as opposed to a triangular pointer with a window in the center.

I have been using it quite a bit - I'm one of those people that can operate them on my own, and doesn't require a second person or a group of people to use it. Of course, the radionic energy is much stronger when there's another person, and sometimes the messages seem to be much clearer and/or the planchette moves much faster, but I can still do it by myself.

I absolutely love that it has all these symbols, plus a book that interprets each one, and when I use it, I don't call on spirit or anything, but I do ask that it show me answers only in symbols - honestly just because that's much more fun. Sometimes I'll ask questions, and sometimes I'll just put my hands on it and let it move around as it pleases. My dog is always in the room with me, and he has never had any reaction to it. I have never sensed any spirits or entities either, and there has never been paranormal activity of any kind.

I'm starting to think that these devices are not malevolent. Consider if a person was playing with a Ouija board and a light bulb blew out. The person would say it was related to spirit activity. But maybe the light bulb was just bad - and had the person been watching TV or reading, they wouldn't have said that the bulb went out because of spirits. Therefore, how many of these horror stories people tell are just misinterpretations of regular activity? Maybe there are scientific explanations for all the, "things," that happen. If paranormal activity is occurring, maybe the user is causing it because they expect it to happen and believe it's something that should happen or is likely to? Maybe they even just take more notice of things like a door being pushed open by the wind or a glass falling off the edge of the table because they played with the board a few weeks ago, and yet again, the supposed ghost activity really has nothing to do with the board at all?

Then there's the issue of people receiving evil messages being spelled out, supposedly from evil entities... In the same way that the tarot taps into the hidden subconscious and reveals hidden depths of personality or negative thoughts or feelings that a person doesn't want to admit they have, maybe the ouija board is tapping into this same energy? Everyone has hatred, plotting, opportunism or manipulation somewhere inside them at some point in their lives, so maybe the Ouija board just taps into this? The tarot certainly does and especially when looking at the Jungian archetypes depicted in the court cards.

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing this up is because I've been enjoying The Enchanted SpellBoard so much, and I'm just absolutely certain that it does not tap into anything more than the subconscious, unconscious, and perhaps eternal memory - like the Akashic Records. Never has their been a spirit or entity present that either me or my dog has sensed. And never has their been any paranormal activity or negative messages. I guess one night a light bulb did go out while I was using it, but it was a very old bulb that had been dimming for months. There's really nothing to suggest that it wasn't a natural occurrence. After replacing it, it's been fixed. And nothing else like that has happened. I feel quite sure that the answers I receive are coming from my, "Higher Self."

So, what's the deal? Everything I've ever been told or read about regarding these boards has so far been proved untrue to me in my own experimentation, not to mention I'm finding that these tools can be extremely useful and provide accurate and meaningful guidance. In that however, I would say the board with symbols is more useful for this than boards with only letters and numbers on them. I've been researching Ouija boards now and reading articles for a couple days, and there has never been any confirmed deaths, possessions or hauntings from these items. Claims, yes, but never anything that could be documented as a certainty...

So are spirit boards bad? Are they dangerous? How does the planchette move? Where do the messages come from? Is there any reason not to use one? ...I'm interested in your guys' opinions, especially those of you who have much more experience than me with divination and more expertise/practice/discipline/years of experience with spirituality than I do. Thanks in advance for anyone who'll take the time to respond. This is really important to me since I've become so passionate about enjoying sessions using my Enchanted Spellboard. My friends and family are absolutely frightened and disheartened by the fact that I've been doing this - they expect something bad to happen to me eventually (possession, haunting, spiritual and/or mental illness, etc)., but this attitude just reinforces what I've been saying here for the last few paragraphs - I think this item has been given a really bad reputation derived from fear, but in reality I see no evidence to actually support this belief... I think the whole thing may just be fear mongering.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Everly

Spirit boards are only bad if you believe they are. I've never had a bad experience with them. I haven't used one in many years, but from the time I was a teenager until my mid- to late 30s, I used one (off and on). In the hundreds and hundreds of times I used it, nothing remotely negative came through or happened.

But I also don't believe in evil spirits and demons and such. We generally manifest what we fear. We resist what we fear. And what we resist persists.

How does the planchette move? Ask 20 people and you'll get at least 10 answers. They're probably all correct. Perhaps there isn't just one thing that causes it to move.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlina
(1) So are spirit boards bad? (2) Are they dangerous? (3) Where do the messages come from? Is there any reason not to use one? ...I'm interested in your guys' opinions, especially those of you who have much more experience than me with divination (4) and more expertise/practice/discipline/years of experience with spirituality than I do. Thanks in advance for anyone who'll take the time to respond.

- they expect something bad to happen to me eventually (possession, haunting, spiritual and/or mental illness, etc)., but this attitude just reinforces what I've been saying here for the last few paragraphs - I think this item has been given a really bad reputation derived from fear, but in reality I see no evidence to actually support this belief... I think the whole thing may just be fear mongering.

1) Bad - Yes

2) Dangerous - Yes if a negative entity notices that the Spirit of Christ is no where near then they will probably possess your body. If the entity is on a tight leash from its master (a fallen angel) then things will go wrong - constantly.

However, its possible that a family spirit can enter your host body that will communicate to you via divination. One example of divination is numerology via the 11:11 Wake-Up Call. Some daemons want to seek forgiveness from Jesus Christ believe it or not.

3) In terms of numerology and the wake-up call, the negative entities have access to a vast database that is beyond our level of understanding. Quite often this is how a mathematically bias spirit will communicate with its host using numerical codes that are actually based on the past not the future.

4) i might pay dearly after my mother forced me to look into a ink bowl vision (divination) during my childhood. At that moment she basically sold my soul into a 3/4th Generation Curse where at least 3 family entities entered my host body.

Since then after pleading for forgiveness from Jesus Christ for my sins and to be given the chance to guide other sinners back to Him, 2 lesser negative entities were banished on the spot, a third one (a Rapha) got activated hence some demons out there want to seek forgiveness as well.

A repented fallen angel once told me, 'Imagine living in a bad neighborhood, opening the door, going to bed, leaving the lights on and falling asleep. Either a thief will enter and ruin your life or nothing will happen'.

Painting 'steal me' on all the furniture might help the daemon because many negative entities are quite stupid these days. Lol
Old 09-02-2015, 07:44 PM
StarRobin

I imagine it's how each individual see's it.

I once used a home made Ouija board with (a now ex) partner and it was going really well, no negativity, nothing. It wasn't until whatever was moving the glass we were using started to spell out the name of my dad and his son, that I found it strange. I looked at my partner, but his eyes were closed and I knew I wasn't moving the glass. I was asking which spirit was with us, so when it spelt out those names, I confronted it, I said those people are very much alive and well and it started to spell out a swear word. I then asked "are you being mischevious?" It replied yes! I don't think what happened was 'evil' or anything, certainly something trying to scare us. I guess it did a bit, cos I haven't used any sort of board since.

I can't say if spirit/Ouija boards are right or wrong though. It's through people's personal experiences I reckon.

PS - my ex now being an ex is nothing to do with the Ouija board haha!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Merlina

Well do you guys think the ability to make a clear distinction between contacting the higher self vs. spirit entities is possible? I've talked to a lot of people in a ouija group on Facebook, and they all verbally call on spirits, ask questions like name, age, date of death, etc. If you're not asking these questions, and just use it once or twice a week to ask a question of guidance or confirmation that does not include calling on or inquiring about any spirit beings - well, you guys think there's a difference in what I'm doing? I'm aware that it's a physical medium item and could attract spirits, but I also feel okay about asking them to leave. I go through a huge smudging of my board and room with palo santo wood before I use it (my family can't handle the smell of sage).

Also, I was raised in a Pentecostal tongue-speaking church - my dad was the pastor. I know how to cast out demons in the methodology they use, which is frequently sought out because it's so effective and doesn't require the approval of the Vatican first, as the Catholic church does.

One time though, a spirit was calling my cell phone. I could just hear a faint crackling and a faint voice that sounded like a child's. When I called the number back, the number didn't exist. The spirit kept calling, and I was sitting next to my dad, and he jokingly said, "Try telling it you don't talk to ghosts and not to call back." I actually said that, "Hi, I'm really sorry about whatever your issue is, but I don't talk to spirits on the phone. I'm hanging up now. Please don't ever call back." It never called back.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Master
I feel that it may depend on the individual person and circumstances; the kind of attachments the person already has with them, who they've been in contact with recently, the energy in the geographic area you are in, the house and what came with it, even if you recently brought something previously used into the home....so much is circumstantial.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Merlina

I am going to keep going with it since I'm enjoying myself, not experiencing any evidence of entities or spirits (and I'm a professional psychic medium too, by the way, so I sense spirit beings quite easily - I also have a dog in the room), and receiving good personal guidance. I am fairly sure I am only tapping into the higher self or subconscious, but I'm aware the tool I'm using could attract spirits, so I will just stay vigilant. ...And let the pages turn - I guess in a few months I'll know whether or not this was a good idea...
Old 10-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Master
@Merlina

Out of curiosity, have you ever thought about speaking the Lords Prayer (that i am sure your father knows) and monitoring what thoughts pass through your mind at the idea.

Negative entities that possess mortals will do all they can to stop the host body from allowing the Spirit of Christ Messiah from forcing them out and will put every thought of resistance into your mind.

Thoughts like :-
"Oh this is silly".
"i don't believe in this c**p".
"i will try this later", which of course never happens.

At the moment you decide not to do it, do you feel relief. If so, then its the negative entity that is breathing a sigh of relief.

If this happens then this negative entity has total control of your mind.

If there are only spirits in this world, then what harm can speaking the Lords Prayer do to it if the Lords Prayer was constructed by humans to keep mankind in control ?
Answer: nothing

Hence. The spirit will let you speak the words.

If however, Heaven and Hell exists then this entity is going to go ballistic and do everything it can to forcefully stop you.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Merlina

No, I don't have any oppression or possession from demons nor any spiritual conviction from the Holy Spirit causing me to feel guilt about using the board. I can recite the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Nicene Creed just fine.
Old 15-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Viplan38

EXTREMELY RISK...

Backstory: About 9 months ago (a month into our relationship), my girlfriend told me about an experience she had with one of these when she was 7. Her half-aunt, who was a young teen at the time, and her friend decided to play with one and let her join in. She was obviously curious and excited, they all were. They did in the basement area that was furnished. She doesn't remember what letters or numbers were indicated during it, but she remembers after a few minutes of the session in her vision going nearly completely dark and her body feeling crazy all over. She remembers her aunt and the friend hauling her up the stairs wailing and freaking out, and then being curled up in the living room listening to them discuss how they both saw her body go rigid and her eyes roll completely back and as her head tilted back. After a minute her aunt came back to her and told her to never tell grandpa (the aunt's dad) what they did and to forget all about it and that they were getting rid of it. From then my girlfriend dealt with ungodly nightmares, seeing black masses and figures, hearing voices, even feeling things pull at and touch her, all of these things only slowly escalating over the years. Fifteen years up until the point where she told me that story. I can't remember how we got onto the topic so she did, but she had kind of an epiphany when she did, realizing that that year, shortly following the incident, was when the virtual torture slowly began and continued into her present.

The rest of this is a very long and painful story, but to try and sum it up, starting about two months into our relationship (about a month give or take after she told me the story), the situation began to reach a whole new level of horrifying, and at that point dangerous. I watched her live through the last stages of a possession. I obsessively researched and was by her side as much as possible during it, but it only seemed to get worse and worse. She would nearly give up time and time again. After three months of it, and trying everything we could muster, we did finally win. This last paragraph has sounded pretty intense and maybe farfetched, I know, but like I said it's an extremely long story and, to her, intensely personal at this time. All I wanted to do was get the point across that they are, in her/our experience, EXTREMELY risky, ESPECIALLY if you don't fully understand what kind of doors you might be opening.
Personally, I say please don't do it.