Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Knower

I talked with many atheists and mostly all of them said that they felt "pity" for religious and spiritual people saying that is like believing in Santa Claus .

When I asked them why? Most of them replied that religious and spiritual people are delusional and that they don't have evidence, but them the atheists have.

When I asked for their evidence they replied saying that probably most of the people can't remember how it was like before being born so it will be the same after death, or if they do they are hallucinating like with the NDE, more than that they said the brain is developing and when it dies so do we, because we as humans emerged from common ancestor with apes through evolution based on natural selection over millions of years. The Big-Bang just happened by accident and life on Earth emerged also by accident because there was no other possibility and had to happen due to favourable conditions, then species just evolved and adapted through DNA
Old 07-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
I talked with many atheists and mostly all of them said that they felt "pity" for religious and spiritual people saying that is like believing in Santa Claus .

When I asked them why? Most of them replied that religious and spiritual people are delusional and that they don't have evidence, but them the atheists have.

When I asked for their evidence they replied saying that probably most of the people can't remember how it was like before being born so it will be the same after death, or if they do they are hallucinating like with the NDE, more than that they said the brain is developing and when it dies so do we, because we as humans emerged from common ancestor with apes through evolution based on natural selection over millions of years. The Big-Bang just happened by accident and life on Earth emerged also by accident because there was no other possibility and had to happen due to favourable conditions, then species just evolved and adapted through DNA

And yet many scientists question the idea that consciousness originates in the brain. And many scientists question the validity of the Big Bang theory, because it is only a theory.

All these atheists are simply subscribing to another belief system about God. The belief that there is no God cannot be proven, so where is their evidence?

Peace.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:30 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And yet many scientists question the idea that consciousness originates in the brain. And many scientists question the validity of the Big Bang theory, because it is only a theory.
True, and true as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
All these atheists are simply subscribing to another belief system about God. The belief that there is no God cannot be proven, so where is their evidence?

Peace.

When I asked them to prove that there is no God they said " Well also someone can't prove that Santa Claus doesen't exist either". The air that was suggesting "How can I prove that something imaginary doesen't exist since God can be anything?"
Old 07-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Master

Indeed, it is easier to prove that something exists than it is to prove that something does not exist.

But the proof of the existence of God or Divine Intelligence is found within, and finding this proof is a long and difficult process. The atheist has no motivation to undertake this process, so the proof is not found.

Peace.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Knower

True, the answer is within.
Some atheists are convinced that consciousness is made within the brain and that they have proof, "since the believers don't have any evidence"

When I asked for it they said "I once knocked out someone in a bar, the guy went unconscious like you see in boxing matches" or "I can't remember how it was before being born I was unconscious and it will be the same after death" or "We have robots that soon will be like us" or "Look at a person with late stage Alzheimer it's clear that everything is in the brain"

or "People that had NDE were hallucinating and those remembering past lives are hallucinating as well or making things up" or "People that believe are just doing this because they are scared of death and grab those beliefs that ancient people that couldn't explain things created" or "Why do we act childish when we kids? Because brain is developing" . " They don't want to be "mean" they are just "realistic" and feel pity for believers since it's 21 century".

The Big Bang Theory is presented as a fact:
For the Big Bang Theory: A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.(Source:Wikipedia)

For atheists in their opinion they are logical science people providing evidence whereas religious people are dogmatic without proof and spiritual people are just blind believers in hallucinations without evidence

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 07-03-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:34 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
In one way, I agree with you, in that "Source" and "God" is exactly the same thing and in the attempt NOT to be limited by or attached any labels, they actually become so.

In another way, I politely and respectfully disagree with you that Religion and Spirituality are the "same thing". I don't think they are.

Spiritual people usually "cherry pick" from all the religious teachings according to what resonates with them personally and then throw in a lot of other stuff besides.

"Oooh...I like that chakra bit from Hinduism, but none of the OTHER stuff...I will take that mindfulness bit out of Buddhism, but leave the rest... everybody just LOVES Jesus, so gotta include him in there somewhere, but as for the rest of the Bible, forget it!...that Tree of Life thing looks interesting so I'll throw that in too...and I will conclude with works by Ekhardt Tolle, Ramana Maharishi and Rumi...There we go, SORTED"...and they usually just confuse themselves immensely in the process.

Religious people just find one thing that satisfies ALL their needs and they will stick with it...like how Christians will only stick to the Bible, Hindus will only stick to the Vedas, Buddhists will only stick to the Dhammapada or Tao Teh Ching.. Muslims will only stick to the Koran etc

The reason why most people don't like religion, is because it doesn't give them enough freedom to believe whatever they WANT to believe...As evidenced by the myriad of "Is the New Age Satanic?" threads.

You make great points, SD.

You are wasted if you're not a writer.

JL
Old 08-03-2019, 05:34 AM
janielee

Quote:

At some point, you have to let go of what other people think and find your own way, man.

JL
Old 08-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:

They only look at material reality and are clearly not open to 'do'/practice spirituality..
Let them stay that way. Why bother at all..? You focus on your spirituality and let them enjoy their atheism.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:01 PM
ImthatIm

[quote=EdmundJohnstone]Wikipedia states the following numbers, why do you think there are so many non-believers, and why are the numbers of non-believers increasing?

Christianity 2.4 billion[3] 33%
Islam 1.8 billion[3] 24.1%
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist 1.2 billion 16%
Hinduism 1.15 billion 15%
Buddhism 521 million 7%
Chinese traditional religion[c] 394 million 5.50%
Ethnic religions excluding some in separate categories 300 million 4.19%
African traditional religions 100 million 1.40%
Sikhism 30 million 0.32%
Spiritism 15 million 0.21%
Judaism 14.4 million[5] 0.20%
Bahá'í 7.0 million 0.10%
Jainism 4.2 million 0.06%
Shinto 4.0 million 0.06%
Cao Dai 4.0 million 0.06%
Zoroastrianism 2.6 million 0.04%
Tenrikyo 2.0 million 0.02%
Neo-Paganism 1.0 million 0.01%
Unitarian Universalism 0.8 million 0.01%
Rastafari 0.6 million 0.01%
Total 7.167 billion 100%

INDUSTRIALISM & CONSUMERISM !! They have their Gods too and they convert more people daily!!!
Old 08-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
The Big Bang Theory is presented as a fact:
For the Big Bang Theory: A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested and verified in accordance with the scientific method, using accepted protocols of observation, measurement, and evaluation of results.(Source:Wikipedia)

Even the scientists disagree about the Big Bang theory. But yes, they do put forward the idea of a Big Bang which eventually ends with a Big Crunch to be then followed by a new Big Bang and so on.

Ironically this agrees with ancient texts from India such as the Vishnu Purana which consider the manifesting universe as the outbreath of Brahma to be followed by the dissolving universe (the inbreath of Brahma).

Periods of manifestation are called manvantaras. When the universe has dissolved back into its source this is called pralaya. Within the great cycle of manvantara and pralaya there are many mini-cycles of mini-manvantara and mini-pralaya which apply to stars, solar systems, planets, etc.

The human equivalent is the cycle of physical birth and death.

Peace.