Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 19-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran
Hello, Miss Hepburn.

The guru is a mexican living in Spain. His real-life name is Rafael Vázquez Corona, but "The Mother" (helper of Sri Aurobindo and started Auroville) gave him the name "Mâli" when he was in India, meaning bloom, garden, gardener. He really was a gardener for me and he set me into full bloom!
Ah.
Was there an initiation being a devotee?
I always like hearing what each guru does or doesnt do.
Thanks
Ah, went to this site - interesting, I was surprised; it seemed a bit more Buddhist - I figured it would be more
based on the Gita , thus, Hindu- because of the word "Sri" - thats all.
http://www.lotuspress.com/1BK/1BK990397.html

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-11-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 19-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Guide
Initiation? Well... I'm not sure.

I went to visit my lover at his home in Spain for a few days. He and Mâli lived together in two separate living caves (no fear, they are very comfortable and there are TVs and computers and a separate bathroom). They both came to pick me up with Mâlis car at Málaga airport, Mâli waiting near the car. We were introduced, and I hugged him right away, as I told above.

The same night, he had two visitors who wanted to get married and asked his advice. He asked us to join at 20:00 in the visitor room of the cave. I came in alone, the couple was already sitting on a sofa, Mâli in a chair. He left saying he needed to fetch something, while I looked for a place to sit - there was only the sofa (occupied by the couple), Mâli's chair and another one, looking very comfortable. So I just sat down there when my lover came in and looked at me, totally shocked: "Don't sit there! It's HER chair!" Ooops, I thought, and sat down at the low step leading to the room, my lover behind me embracing me. When Mâli came in, he said to him: "Imagine this girl... she just sat down on HER chair, totally natural, as if it would always have been hers..."

Mâli sat down and welcomed us all. Then he introduced me. After that, he asked what all of us wanted to be in life. I said I wanted to be a teacher, but first I'd need to learn for myself (I was studying at that time to become a high school teacher). We then talked about all sort of things and he gave advice to the couple. I must also admit that I didn't understand everything, as my spanish was rather primitive at that point - today I speak it fluently and even better than my english.

When the couple had left and we were out in the garden, I whispered to Aurodas: "I would like to know my new name." Aurodas had his name given by Mâli and I had requested one for me as well. Deep inside I had always wished for a name that meant light, but sharp and cutting and singular. Aurodas told Mâli, and he turned to me and asked in english: "Right now?" I responded, "yes, if possible". He made me look up into the night sky, then ceremoniously said (words in spanish but I translated for you):

"KIRAN... divine spark, wishful light, shooting star - ray of light."

I looked at him, nodding, and said: "Beautiful name. I'll be proud to wear it."

I had to get used to the spelling and pronounciation and that apparently "Kiran" was different to my person and my real name, which is a mish-mash of Maria and Elizabeth and was too unique (yes, I hated to be one of few who bore that name, or maybe I hated that there were other women who bore the same name when it was so uncommon) and religious to me. But it was mine, and it took me time to get used to "Kiran".

I used it a lot later with all my spanish friends as it is easier to pronounce for them, and so got my nickname "Kirancilla", meaning "tiny Kiran". Now I use one of those two everywhere online and with my spiritual friends. In real-life, I'm still the name in my birth certificate.

As to initiation, was that what you meant? Maybe the true initiation was when I first asked him for help to establish telepathic contact with a person I intuited to be connected with from a different life (my professor). It worked, and I was magnificent and I felt so powerful. It was a one-time experience though.
helpless against my immortality."

From "Savitri" by Sri Aurobindo
(The Book of Fate)
Old 19-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Thank you.

If you don't know what an initiation is -then you didn't have one and there isn't probably one.

But, quickly, there could be a vow, an instruction like a mantra or other meditation technique given, maybe just a kissing of a foot, a bowing, a touch with an experience "transferred" or given to the devotee.
Nuns are initiates for years.

If I like a certain living teacher - I can not say I am a follower by just reading a book by him exactly.
Even Christians have a sort of initiation, don't they?
Accepting Christ, or being Baptised in the Holy Spirit - being born again...does that explain better?
I am always curious as to gurus' initiations - what do they "show" or actually teach - beyond words.
Because words are all over the place...'Why would a person follow you, Mr. or Ms. Guru?' See what I mean? What makes you different?

They don't have to have an initiation, mind you.
Many are just themselves and people flock around them to listen or be hugged, like with Amma.
She shows nothing in particular, I'm told.
I understand her presence is quite something, tho!

Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, quickly, there could be a vow, an instruction like a mantra or other meditation technique given, maybe just a kissing of a foot, a bowing, a touch with an experience "transferred" or given to the devotee.

None of this except the above mentioned. He told me about books and stuff though which we interesting to read, gave me my name and later, my amulet. Vows or kissing of a foot? Nope. He's a human, after all, and I wouldn't want to do that to any living person, anyway.

Basically he is just himself giving advice and showing the way...

By the way, it's his birthday today.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 20-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Guide
Funny... it seems my guru sent ME a present for his birthday instead of the other way round

Yesterday night I found this forum with all its beautiful persons, and today as I'm taking a break from the laptop and go down to the kitchen to make myself some nightmeal, my two favourite housemates (I live shared but all with their own big room with WC and shower) are having friends over... I sat with them to have my meal and we spent about two hours chatting and telling jokes and having a lot of fun. I am so happy to have met all you wonderful people these days. Overmore, I had my creativity and language skills reactivated by needing to write and translate - two things I absolutely enjoy doing and am dreaming of as my dream job. I even gave a young girl some private class in spanish grammar! I never thought I would end up teaching again!

It seems these two days I have taken a good few steps back to my true self and moved closer to the light.

THANK YOU MÂLI!

(The Book of Fate)
Old 20-11-2010, 05:21 AM
Guide
Miss Hepburn, I just remembered something that might - MIGHT - have been a sort of initiation. In my strongest and most powerful vision/seizure/psychotic attack, where according to my family I acted "like a witch" screaming things in a mix of german and spanish and made them call the police to handcuff me and drive me to a psychiatric hospital (I bit a policeman in the hand in that process, resulting in a sentence that I can't ever own a weapon in my life). Among many other things that I kinda felt connected to - my beloved dead grandma Emilia, my sister Michaela, called Lakshmi by my guru, a perfume that I loved very much, books I had read and beliefs I had - the strongest image was my spiritual mentor as a lion I needed to tame and make love to (it seems I like it rough sometimes ) and knew my soulmate's sanscrit name as a spell to regain my life. I also lost my amulet in that process that Mâli had given to me and I felt very sad about that when I found out, until I made myself a new one from green soapstone I carved the symbols in. In september this year I bought an ambar collar I liked very much and wore every day, but it broke and is actually being repaired by the man who sold it to me (the father of my best friend's daughter, with whom she still shares a friendship), leaving my neck bare. I'm feeling pretty much nude without it!

So that just might have been it. But I'm not sure, as I was labelled a madwoman after that.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 20-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Spirited

Hello, Kiran!

Lovely name may I add.. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see you around the board.
Old 20-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Ascender
Hi Kiran

Welcome to the forum

You sound delightful and I look forward to learning more about you.

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 21-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Guide
Hello Spirited and loveyduck. Hope to see you around too. I still need to learn to "behave well" on the forum with swearing or using explicit terms, but well, unless I'd get a permanent ban, I guess we'll be talking more on the forum.

(The Book of Fate)
Old 23-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Guide
WOW, it really seems that with this forum and all its beautiful people I am having a sort of second awakening or re-awaking, really amazing...

Yesterday I found a beautiful song. I knew it before (its already more than a year "old") but never listened very carefully. Yesterday I did and I loved it. The song is:
Leave out all the rest - Linkin Park

And here goes a picture of an aquarel I painted some two years ago in the psychiatric hospital:

Hope you like it! I'm not really a good painter, sadly...

Love & Light to all of you. Have a big hug!

(The Book of Fate)