Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Master
It reminds me of scientists who coined the term "junk dna" just because they didn't know what all that stuff was for. ha ha

Xan

Old 29-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Big bang theory has no 'before the universe'. It's just the universe was small and very very hot before it started expanding. At first it expanded very fast indeed until it cooled off and subatomic particles could form, they themselves being vibrational variences in differing densities in the fabric of empty space.

The emptiness itself still has density in relation to the scale, and there is no 'zero density', it pans out and has a minimal value called the cosmological constant.

That is what I said Gem....with this thread I aimed to look at what was before the Big Bang. Scientist are now looking further and further into the possibility that the Big Bang might have not been the beginning of everything and that they have discovered even knew clues to believing that the Big Bang has happened before maybe more that once before. Here is one link:

http://www.space.com/6303-glimpse-big-bang.html
Old 29-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
God (and the Universe) always was--in my way of thinking. And the Big Bang is just the outward expansion phase where we separate from Source to find our individuality. That goes to it's most extreme (totally self-destructive individuality??).

Then we seek to join Source again,and the process reverses--to contraction so that All is One.

Then rinse and repeat!

Lora

Yes Lora...I think very similar. My thoughts are that God took thought and bang....God finds itself and quiets down back into silence and then bang. If scientist are saying that the Big Bang has happened before and that the universe was created in less then a second...maybe with the wink of an eye then who is to say that maybe the "Big Bang" happens every morning when we wake up. Since time does not exist it is all happening at the same time...which would mean every less of a second....maybe every time we take thought we "Big Bang".
Old 29-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Master
Then, Shabby... my question is, in your mind who or what is God? Is that a person in some way to you?

Xan

Old 29-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Yes Lora...I think very similar. My thoughts are that God took thought and bang....God finds itself and quiets down back into silence and then bang. If scientist are saying that the Big Bang has happened before and that the universe was created in less then a second...maybe with the wink of an eye then who is to say that maybe the "Big Bang" happens every morning when we wake up. Since time does not exist it is all happening at the same time...which would mean every less of a second....maybe every time we take thought we "Big Bang".

I see no time in a different way. Everything exists at once. So, we are not continuously in this physical life but (according to Seth) we "go" elsewhere 5-60 times a minute.

We experience what we put our awareness on, and our awareness is also capable of being many places at once. So we are flipping between all our realities--our past lives, probable lives, our current lives, our spiritual lives, our Soul Group --all the time.

What gives continuity to any experience is it's vibrational level. So what we experience here (on earth) is tied to the last experience we had here, etc.

But that doesn't mean we weren't many other places at the same "time". Those experiences too seem continuous, because our consciousness "ties" all at that vibrational level.

To me it's like the painting of a computer screen image or TV image. It is really pixels painted in lines, but we see it as a whole image. But there are many, many computer screens being painted at once.

IDK what this has to do with your point but...uh...Sorry!

Lora
Old 29-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
That is what I said Gem....with this thread I aimed to look at what was before the Big Bang. Scientist are now looking further and further into the possibility that the Big Bang might have not been the beginning of everything and that they have discovered even knew clues to believing that the Big Bang has happened before maybe more that once before. Here is one link:

http://www.space.com/6303-glimpse-big-bang.html

I don't where they fot their 'before the big bang' speculations from, but there is a more recent blurb on that same site.

http://www.space.com/8713-sky-map-re...se-formed.html
Old 29-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I see no time in a different way. Everything exists at once. So, we are not continuously in this physical life but (according to Seth) we "go" elsewhere 5-60 times a minute.

We experience what we put our awareness on, and our awareness is also capable of being many places at once. So we are flipping between all our realities--our past lives, probable lives, our current lives, our spiritual lives, our Soul Group --all the time.

What gives continuity to any experience is it's vibrational level. So what we experience here (on earth) is tied to the last experience we had here, etc.

But that doesn't mean we weren't many other places at the same "time". Those experiences too seem continuous, because our consciousness "ties" all at that vibrational level.

To me it's like the painting of a computer screen image or TV image. It is really pixels painted in lines, but we see it as a whole image. But there are many, many computer screens being painted at once.

IDK what this has to do with your point but...uh...Sorry!

Lora

Hey Lora...it has everything to do with it : ) Who is Seth?
Old 29-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Hey Lora...it has everything to do with it : ) Who is Seth?
\

Seth is a channeled entity by Jane Roberts, back in the '70s. Seth Speaks is the one I trust (I tend not to like channeled entities since they are too prone to contamination by the person)

Lora
Old 29-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't where they fot their 'before the big bang' speculations from, but there is a more recent blurb on that same site.

http://www.space.com/8713-sky-map-re...se-formed.html

That is a great link Gem...thanks for sharing.

I found this to be especial interesting:The beginning

Traditional Big Bang theory posits that our universe began with a singularity — a point of infinite density and temperature whose nature is difficult for our minds to grasp. However, this may not accurately reflect reality, researchers say, because the singularity idea is based on Einstein's theory of general relativity.

"The problem is, there's no reason whatsoever to believe general relativity in that regime," said Sean Carroll, a theoretical physicist at Caltech. "It's going to be wrong, because it doesn't take into account quantum mechanics. And quantum mechanics is certainly going to be important once you get to that place in the history of the universe."

So the very beginning of the universe remains pretty murky. Scientists think they can pick the story up at about 10 to the minus 36 seconds — one trillionth of a trillionth of a trillionth of a second — after the Big Bang.

At that point, they believe, the universe underwent an extremely brief and dramatic period of inflation, expanding faster than the speed of light. It doubled in size perhaps 100 times or more, all within the span of a few tiny fractions of a second. [The Big Bang to Now in 10 Easy Steps]

(Inflation may seem to violate the theory of special relativity, but that's not the case, scientists say. Special relativity holds that no information or matter can be carried between two points in space faster than the speed of light. But inflation was an expansion of space itself.)

"Inflation was the 'bang' of the Big Bang," Filippenko told SPACE.com "Before inflation, there was just a little bit of stuff, quite possibly, expanding just a little bit. We needed something like inflation to make the universe big."

This rapidly expanding universe was pretty much empty of matter, but it harbored huge amounts of dark energy, the theory goes. Dark energy is the mysterious force that scientists think is driving the universe's current accelerating expansion.

During inflation, dark energy made the universe smooth out and accelerate. But it didn't stick around for long.

"It was just temporary dark energy," Carroll told SPACE.com. "It converted into ordinary matter and radiation through a process called reheating. The universe went from being cold during inflation to being hot again when all the dark energy went away."

Scientists don't know what might have spurred inflation. That remains one of the key questions in Big Bang cosmology, Filippenko said.
Old 29-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Shabby

And from the same link this:

Before the Big Bang?

While much about the universe's first few moments remains speculative, the question of what preceded the Big Bang is even more mysterious and hard to tackle.

For starters, the question itself may be nonsensical. If the universe came from nothing, as some theorists believe, the Big Bang marks the instant when time itself began. In that case, there would be no such thing as "before," Carroll said.

But some conceptions of the universe's birth can propose possible answers. The cyclic model, for example, suggests that a contracting universe preceded our expanding one. Carroll, as well, can imagine something existing before the Big Bang.

"It could just be empty space that existed before our Big Bang happened, then some quantum fluctuation gave birth to a universe like ours," he said. "You can imagine a little bubble of space pinching off through a fluctuation and being filled with just a little tiny dollop of energy, which can then grow into the universe that we see through inflation."

Filippenko also suspects something along those lines might be true.

"I think time in our universe started with the Big Bang, but I think we were a fluctuation from a predecessor, a mother universe," Filippenko said.

I think that if we found out what happened or caused the "big Bang" science and religion will come together as one.