Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Sungirl

I think there is a fine line.

There is something I truly believe I am right about and I try to tell people and they don't listen. What do I do? I try to understand that my "right" could be completely wrong to someone else.

I try to see that there are reasons why I can't accept that I may not be right.
*My ego doesn't want to believe that I could be wrong because that means I am faulty.
*Fear stops me wanting to be wrong because if I am wrong I have to change my understanding of the world.
*A need to be in control makes me neet to be right because if I am wrong then I am not fully in control because I don't understand something.

None of these have anything to do with anyone else.. they are all my own issues and things I need to change.

Maybe, maybe, you are wrong on some of these things. Maybe there isn't a definite right in some situations.

Sometimes we see someone heading for problems. We try to stop them because we can see a different way around it, but in reality they may have to go through those problems. My dad was absolutely right about my first boyfriend.. but I had to go through the hell he put me through to allow me to gain emotional wounds in this life so I could go on to heal emotional wounds from many lives. So, although superficially he was spot on... I was also right on a deeper level.

My dad is never wrong, or so he thinks.... but I have learnt that sometimes he is, and his insistance that he is never wrong has caused cracks in our relationship... do you want that with your grandson and his mother?

I don't know if any of this resonates with you... but I feel that there is a mid way between insisting you are right and refusing to engage because people won't accept that you are right.

How do you feel when you think you might be wrong? Those feelings say a lot about ourselves.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
but we have made a Santa, if its imaginary or not, he is still there.

Fine. So we can say Santa is imaginary. Glad we sorted that out.

If you believe in santa you're 'wrong' and if you know santa is imaginary you're 'right'.

It's really nothing more than that.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
I'm obviously not right, so what? Stop trying to be right? I guess so. If I dont' try to be right, what do I try to do? Just be? I think that's the ****. rhetoric of the day, dont try, just be,,,,give me a break.

Guess you're right about that as well :-)
Old 24-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Fine. So we can say Santa is imaginary. Glad we sorted that out.

If you believe in santa you're 'wrong' and if you know santa is imaginary you're 'right'.

It's really nothing more than that.
yes its all subjective, its all in the mind, even you and me talking here, your in my mind, oh yes and in my heart.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:30 AM
AngelicOrin

Ummm...sorry to burst everyones bubble...but ah...Santa is actually based on Saint Nicholas of Myra.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Master
Yes i know that, but Saint Nicholas is nothing like what we perceive Santa to be today, the true Saint Nicholas never liked children, but we are told he did just to make it all sound sweet and lovely.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:40 AM
AngelicOrin

But yet he is the Patron Saint for Children as well as many other things, it was his gift-giving that made him the model of Santa.

The Santa we see, the joy, red-nosed fat guy was created by Coca-Cola (saw a doco on it a few years back), and as I just found out his Christmas loving spirit came from Charles ****ens, in the "Christmas Carol".
Old 24-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
But yet he is the Patron Saint for Children as well as many other things, it was his gift-giving that made him the model of Santa.

The Santa we see, the joy, red-nosed fat guy was created by Coca-Cola (saw a doco on it a few years back), and as I just found out his Christmas loving spirit came from Charles ****ens, in the "Christmas Carol".
HO HO HO, very interesting I must say.
Old 24-06-2011, 10:53 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
HO HO HO, very interesting I must say.

:) It is, so I guess we can say Santa can exist in the spirit and form of St. Nick...but his fat, joy incarnation is imaginary, an artistic creation... :)
Old 24-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
I've been right a lot. About a lot of things. I've been right about things on this forum and got only arguments in return. I been right about what I tell my grandson and his mother what to do and got only arguments in return. I am right about a lot of things, and it gets me only arguments. So, being right is wrong. It's not what I'm supposed to do. What then? What am I supposed to say if not the "right" thing? What else is there to pursue on any level? Do I regress into my own limited world of myself, to know that I am right, and that nothing else is important? Do I stop trying to be right? I think so.
If not right, then what? Stop and stop and stop> do nothing. If I am not right, what could I possibly do or say? Dive deep into the mental abyss in front of me? Stop caring about anything? Dive deep into nothingness? Give up? What?
I'm obviously not right, so what? Stop trying to be right? I guess so. If I dont' try to be right, what do I try to do? Just be? I think that's the ****. rhetoric of the day, dont try, just be,,,,give me a break.
I will stop trying to be right of course, I have now realized it isn't doing anything constructive, for the most part. I will remain right for myself, and it doesnt have anything to do with you, but i put it here for possible alternative views, which I will consider, with hope, and hope,.......of an alternative view which will lead me to the truth.

It's not so much being right, its the way you might come across or the attitude. Try presenting your 'rightness' by putting it forward in question format. This tends to lessen its impact and forces another to stop and think about it.