Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Deactivated Account

What causes a pendulum to swing ?

Curious wondering ... what causes a pendulum to swing ? Our thoughts or some mysterious energy ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Master

Energy causes it to swing. You channel energy, or the stone uses the surrounding energy to make it swing. I may get two different answers for the same question if on one I channel a four year old, and the other the cosmic consciousness, bc the four year old is young enough to pick up on the energy and attempt to answer, whereas the cosmos hold the answers in the hands, waiting for us to ask the question. Stones and many objects are pretty intelligent too, their pieces sometimes dating back 20,000 years or so. (So they got a lot under their belt) and many are in touch with themselves and the cosmos.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Curious wondering ... what causes a pendulum to swing ? Our thoughts or some mysterious energy ?

Dream Angel xx

You do ! It is your will driven by your intuition. My most active pendulum is an acorn on a thread.
Old 24-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
You do ! It is your will driven by your intuition. My most active pendulum is an acorn on a thread.

I do ? So, because I am willing an answer, my intuition swings the pendulum ? then technically, I should be getting the answers I want to the questions I am asking ?

just curious, how do you attach an acorn to a thread ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 24-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Master
Superglue

Actually, a thick darning needle does the trick.

"because I am willing an answer, my intuition swings the pendulum "
bit more subtle than that. Your sub-conscious mind already knows the answer.
Old 24-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account

creative thinking on the darning needle

interesting, my sub-conscious mind already knows the answer ....

Expect Miracles !

Old 24-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Norsey,

so is there a difference between my sub-conscious mind knowing and me wanting to hear a certain answer ? If the answers are different, which one comes thru ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 24-06-2012, 09:07 PM
I love my Twin Soul

My first Pendulum was an Acorn from America, we don't have big enough ones in NZ. I feel really that no one really knows what makes the pendulum swing, just like when you are Divining for water which is the same thing, no one knows why the stick goes down when we go over an underground stream. I feel a lot of people think they know but when we get down to it we are only guessing. I can make a rock swing in the end of a string, I mean a very big rock, as heavy as I can hold up and I use it as a Pendulum. I was told to do this by my higher self after ignoring them for a while the feeling that I should do so got so great that in the end I gave in. I am sure they were trying to tell me about all the energy around us. I feel it is the energy that makes ir swing coupled with our thoughts and a much higher source but do I really know yet. I am trying to learn though. Blessings, Clarrie
Old 24-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow, a second acorn pendulum ! I must be missing out on something !

I have heard a variety of answers on how, or what causes a pendulum to swing ... all very interesting.Mine was a curiosity question, I guess more important is the answer to the questions I ask of the pendulum.

Expect Miracles !

Old 07-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Master

:) and the way you ask as well... but beyond that, funny, bc my first was also an acorn, but a squirrel stole it while I was outside once (it literally removed it from by bag, I wasn't to happy with that squirrel so I chased after it but it got away, on up a tree (darn my fear of heights at the time ..)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/