Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-10-2011, 06:56 AM
primrose

Alleigh, sorry for your loss, send loving thoughts to your aunt, believe that time heals all wounds. This is the place to talk, there are a lot of wise people on here to help.
Old 16-10-2011, 11:54 AM
MMM

my nephew too committed suicide and this left his mother, my sister, deeply depressed, to the point of her going bald
grieving is a process that has stages - you will need to talk, cry, listen, get mad, etc (it will take time)
but god is not vengeful or punishing
suicide victims are healed and they will be re-united with their loved ones later
god heals all
unlike the last post, i do not believe suicides can turn into ghosts - god does not loose his children, the power of the light when we die is so strong no one can resist it, who would want to stay here when they ever catch even the smallest glimpse of the light? no one
god heals all
Old 27-10-2011, 12:50 PM
matt1973

Sorry to hear of your loss and sorry also for resurrecting this old post that seems to have run its natural course. Being a newbie, I felt I had to comment on this.

Without knowing exactly why your relative decided they had no option but to end their life, it is difficult to offer any insight or explanation, but I do have some understanding of suicide. I suffer with bipolar disorder (or manic depression as it used to be known) and suicidal thoughts are something I have to deal with on an almost daily basis - often for no reason at all. When I was in my teenage years I actually attempted suicide myself.

The truth is there is no rational explanation for suicide. People, including myself, try and make sense of something that simply doesn't make any sense. Something just happens inside your mind that overrides your natural instinct to survive and stay alive. It's not a nice place to be, but one hopes that those who do feel that they have no alternative but to take their own lives, will find peace in the spirit world that they were unable to find here on mother earth.
Old 18-04-2012, 07:18 PM
itsme1672

Ending life because of Physical pain

Reading the replies...I found it sad people telling victims of suicide that they didn't have faith in God. Maybe God simply couldn't help him. Picture yourself dying a slow painful death that last 7 years, it happens you don't have health insurance, and your name isn't Steve Jobs, so you will be in agonizing pain day in day out. One day, you can't take it anymore and overdose or jump of a building...You simply can't take more pain, pain where is no solution for, and I am not talking about psychological pain but physical pain. I personally don't believe that psychological pain is good reason to end your life, since there are so many remedies for that.
Old 18-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have worked with many in that place of physical or emotional pain and seeing no light at the end of that tunnel. Until we are put in that place we do not know how we would react or what we would do. I have been in that place of pain where I called out "Ok God take me now I am DONE" and I do not beleive in God....its a state of mind one gets to where one wants litterally out of pain. I understand that place.

It is sad that we live in times where life and even death has such a price tag attached to it. Where ones's feel that burden on family or society in general but too in all there are always lessons and learnings along that path.

As a Medium I have been asked to contact the spirits of LOVed ones' that have by one's own hand gone to the other side....and some are very devout to their faith....and they are just fine. I do not feel that God makes that choice on whom stays and whom goes, more I feel that we all have our TIME here and when we are done we do truly go....if that be by one's hand that simply be the time.

Growing up and not understand the voices I heard in me head and what I saw and felt I did think I was headed for the house on the hill, and I did start down that road of ending it all. I know understand what I be and while its not maybe the preceived normal I am quite normal.

I know well both sides of the same coin, what the mental brain is and what the pain brain is....and both can put one to that point of DONE ! God does not judge one in this nor does it stop one along one's path. That is where man was given free will.

I would never be able to give someone that final dose to go but I can and have had to say ok time to turn off the power.....its not easy to do.

Lynn
Old 19-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Occultist

Julie Zalinski, a woman from Reading, Berkshire, England, was traumatized when her boyfriend, 53-year-old Adrian Rowland killed himself while talking with her via Skype, the Mirror reports.

Zalinski told the paper she and her friend watched in horror as Rowland slashed his wrists and slit his throat and stomach while on a business trip in New Delhi, India.

“He walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass and smashed it on the table then stuck it straight into his neck," Zalinski told the paper. "He was holding his bloodied wrist out to the screen. He wanted us to see. I don’t think he realised he was bleeding."

In shock, Zalinkski called the police in the U.K. in the hopes that they could contact authorities in New Delhi, according to the Oxford Mail.

Unfortunately, Indian law prevented authorities from breaking into Rowland's room, meaning he was left to die from his injuries.

Zalinski said she believes the incident is the result of a mental breakdown.

“He was just in a complete state. He was sweating profusely and his eyes were just staring," Zalinski told the Oxford Mail.

“He kept saying ‘they are going to get me, they are going to get me.'”

According to the Oxford Times, the 53-year-old's cause of death was listed as heavy blood loss resulting from the self-inflicted injuries.

We should not be judging these people but we should not be okaying this behavior either. This is sick the man was clearly unstable no way could this be a part of spiritual development for him. Maybe we can learn something.

There is no proof God even exists let alone judges or doesnt judge.
In Jewish teaching, the prohibition of suicide is not contained in the sixth command*ment: "Thou shalt not kill" (Exodus 20: 13 and Deuteronomy 5: 17). Obviously it does not follow from the fact that a man may not take the life of another that he may not take his own life.

There is, in fact, no direct prohibition of suicide in the Bible. In the Talmud (Bava Kama 91b), however, the prohibition is arrived at by a process of exegesis on the verse: "and surely your blood of your lives will I require" (Genesis 9: 5), interpreted as: "I will require your blood if you yourselves shed it." It is possible that there is no direct prohibition because very few people of sound mind would be inclined to commit suicide in any event.

So it is God's law that you should not kill yourself and if you are indeed a Christian and believe that Yehwa was in fact Jesus/Yeshua's father then you should maybe believe and respect his laws.

Personal opinions aside we can all agree that it would not be fun to watch.
So my suggestion is if you feel strongly that someone should not be alive and should commit suicide you should watch them take there own life. Maybe pay perview it? Or make them fight for it Hunger games style. Or have an award for best suicide of the year?
Old 19-04-2012, 10:48 AM
akhileshneo

I am very saddened about hearing loss of your loved ones. God blesses are always with you.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM
itsme1672

Picture yourself like this: You have a very painful incurable illness, no health insurance, physical pain day in day out. Because of this illness, you end up homeless. Ever since you got this illness, you don't remember much other than pain. The prognosis is, a long slow painful death that can last possibly 20 or 30 years. My question to you is: would you want to live or die?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Coming2

That is probably the most interesting question I have had to ponder in some time. Life and death is a series of difficult and painful choices, Some times the life we are given is far more painful than joyous.I am not am advocate for euthanasia but when a life is lived with more pain with joy then I feel that when all else has failed it is is a viable opportunity.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 AM
itsme1672

First off all..that's a great quote "“We are not human beings seeking a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings living a human experience.”

Furthermore about physical suffering. A friend of mine is in chronic pain already for 14 years, her suffering was caused by a surgeon who butchered her foot. She sleeps barely 4 hours, week. She is a firm believer in God and doesn't believe that ending life is appropriate. Personally I hate to see her suffering, and I can't imagine God won't forgive her for taking such an act.
To me physical suffering is different than emotional suffering, since I don't see any spiritual advantage in physical suffering. Emotions are tightly integrated with our spirit, there fore I think it's almost always the wrong choice to end your life because of depression. Speaking for myself, ever since an MD me up, I am in severe pain, no cure no remedy, and ever since there is nothing but physical pain. I am not able to care, share, enjoy because of the physical pain, and certainly not to grow spiritually. When there is nothing but physical pain, there is not spiritual growth. But hey, I am all ears if people can convince me of the opposite.