Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-05-2011, 08:25 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
3dnow: I still believe when I am close to my higher self I see the now differently. I automatically stay in the now because it is beautiful.

Yes 3d... Being aware in your higher self is the same as being in the Now. Your beautiful higher self is only and always Here... Now.

Do you and Daz mean now is a no thought zone, including subconscious thoughts? Of course in this case there is no problem. But is this practicable? (I guess you mean meditation?)

Yes... Now is the quiet zone. Activity of your subconscious mind is out of range so you don't hear it.

And yes... it is most practical. As Tolle says, you may still have thoughts but only useful ones like, 'What shall I have for dinner?' and so on. The continually chattering mind is gone in the Now so you are actually clearer and more effective in matters of daily living. It's meditation awareness in ordinary life.

Even while you are thinking useful thoughts or feeling natural emotions they come and go in the context of unboundaried silent awareness... the Now 'presence' within and all around you.

EDIT: I of course am familiar with Tolle's technique and applied it successfully I guess. But unconscious fears and dependencies resist witch separates me form higher self. I also think mind is a parallel processor so you think you watch your thoughts but in the background you depend on someone or God for example without noticing (especially if you perform telepathy). I guess you cannot watch all of them separately, especially if you cannot notice them.

Watching your thoughts is good. Now notice that you are the one who is watching... the watcher... the awareness itself.

You don't need to watch your thoughts separately, but you can see them as a parade going by that you don't need to react to. You just sit within yourself and let it all go by.

In this you will eventually come to recognize that God is not separate from you but is your own essence... the awareness and pure love that you are.

Xan

OK thanks Xan. Of course God is not separate but guides did something to me and I am facing my religious fears (there is also the devil, etc). So sometimes when I do something I think of this God or devil I know it is ridiculous but I do it. It is my fear and dependency (I do it even with people sometimes because I feel their presence). When I am stronger I don't do that and the now is more blissful.

What I mean in fact, when I feel this way I see really differently, I see the objects like more shiny (like pixelized), I don't have better words to describe it. I guess many people already see like that. I am really curious about this.

For example, in this interview Suzanne Foxton says the same thing that I try to describe:

She says she awakened while washing dishes and she says "the knife became very knifish" (minute 5:07)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_9S1XTXe-o&feature=relmfu

3dnow
Old 22-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Time

Just thinking about the now is powerful. It can make you realise things that you wouldnt in a situation normaly. It puts things into perspective, and can clarify contemplation..

However........

ONLY thinking of the now, is humanities problem. We refuse to learn from the past, to make NOW better, and therefore a better future. The NOW is the reason why we suck up so much fossil fuel, and pollute so much, and chop down forests, becasue we are only worrying about NOW, and not the future generations.

ITs just like every other situation. You cant focus on only one point. IF you did that in Hockey, say, only thinking about getting the puck..... well what next? What are you going to do with the puck? PASs it?, hold it?, score with it? Some would say that is being inthe now, but i dont think so becasue by the time your done thinking of the original point, your already out of the now into the future ( but when you say something then, its the now)

Learn from the past, to make the right decisions NOW, so we can have a brighter future!!
Old 22-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Awakening

I take being in the NOW as bringing greater focus to things that are taking place at the moment, not anticipating what may or may not happen.
Old 22-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Just thinking about the now is powerful. It can make you realise things that you wouldnt in a situation normaly. It puts things into perspective, and can clarify contemplation..

However........

ONLY thinking of the now, is humanities problem. We refuse to learn from the past, to make NOW better, and therefore a better future. The NOW is the reason why we suck up so much fossil fuel, and pollute so much, and chop down forests, becasue we are only worrying about NOW, and not the future generations.

ITs just like every other situation. You cant focus on only one point. IF you did that in Hockey, say, only thinking about getting the puck..... well what next? What are you going to do with the puck? PASs it?, hold it?, score with it? Some would say that is being inthe now, but i dont think so becasue by the time your done thinking of the original point, your already out of the now into the future ( but when you say something then, its the now)

Learn from the past, to make the right decisions NOW, so we can have a brighter future!!

Tru Dat.

'Being' now is a reference to timelessness, but when using the timely reference hindsight is 20/20 vision... memory gives us the understanding of consequence.

An example is, they brought the cane toad to Australia and it exploded in population wiping out many native species. In hindsight we canknow introducing exotic species to an environment is CRAZY, (but we still do it).

I think a very short hindsight can give rize to an extraordinarily long foresight.
Old 23-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
OK thanks Xan. Of course God is not separate but guides did something to me and I am facing my religious fears (there is also the devil, etc).

Sure, it's a gradual process... facing and letting go of our fears.

Quote:
What I mean in fact, when I feel this way I see really differently, I see the objects like more shiny (like pixelized), I don't have better words to describe it. I guess many people already see like that. I am really curious about this.

This sounds like you may be seeing the energy particles that all things are made of. I don't see this often, but then I'm more of a feeling than seeing type and I feel subtle energies in and around me nearly all the time.

In being present we accept whatever we are experiencing, without thinking about it much so we don't we lose our Now awareness.

Xan

Old 28-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

I so tend to be one that lives in the NOW knowing full well how in the beat of a heart that life can change and maybe even end. Having had that happen where at one minute I was at the top of a set of stairs and the next at the bottom of the set of stairs, I now live life in the moment that is and make the best of that moment.

YES I have things set for the furture as I am a Mother of three, and yes the ducks are in a row just in case but I do not stop and worry on what might be. I have seen too many friends and family stress out and become very will. Not saying either that illness wont befall me whom knows, just that I am not going to add to that.

I go to bed at night embracing that life is good and I wake up embracing the day will be good. Even if I wake sore on sore like I often do I embrace fully that I am "alive" to face the day. That is what truly matters.

Lynn