Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
moke64916

How did your journey start?

I'm curious in how you all came to spirituality? Me, one day I decided to get in touch with my higher self, and WAM! I felt SOO loving and positive. I felt wonderful. I had a spiritual awakening. Naturally as the weeks went on from there I felt better than I ever have in my whole life. Then I had a setback that put me a few steps back. But mine started with an awakening. I started writing in journals wisdom that came from my higher self. I felt wonderful. Then I began reading books on spirituality. And that is how it all started for me. What led you to your spirituality? When did your journey start?
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Medium_Laura

I think mine started when I was very young and my father was banned from Lutheran church for being in the Masonic order. I never understood why an "all loving God" would not welcome him. This started me to question my family's religion. It took a while, I finally resonated with Wicca and then later, gravitated to my "spiritual" view.

I was born a medium/psychic. I come from a long line of psychics and it wasn't strange to just "know" things in my house.

Getting in touch with my spirit, I always was. So I don't know how to answer that question.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I think mine started when I was very young and my father was banned from Lutheran church for being in the Masonic order. I never understood why an "all loving God" would not welcome him. This started me to question my family's religion. It took a while, I finally resonated with Wicca and then later, gravitated to my "spiritual" view.

I was born a medium/psychic. I come from a long line of psychics and it wasn't strange to just "know" things in my house.

Getting in touch with my spirit, I always was. So I don't know how to answer that question.
Cool story. Masonic order? Is your family a descendant of Masons? Free Masons. My neighbor comes from a family tree of Stone Masons. Masons tend to know people that are high up there. Such as politicians, big business men, People in the white house. He has taught me ancient Masonry techniques. Leveling and placing stones. I'm glad you knew yourself since you were born. I was medicated since I was 5 and all the meds blocked my psychic abilities. It was when I got off drugs and heavy duty medications is when I realized I had psychic abilities. I think realizing that led me to my spiritual journey. I started learning how to use my abilities. It was weird. One day I was out back and I started seeing my Aura. And feeling how other people felt, and just knowing without explanation. I started reading books on how to improve or use my psychic abilities, and mediumship abilities, one book led to another. Then the major change was when I read the books, "Conversation with God." Then books on Spiritual Mastery. Now any book I read has to be about mastery based on my spiritual level of development. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
tragblack

I began studying religion, philosophy and spirituality in twelfth grade along with a study project. I started in Wicca and worked my way to Buddhism. Though I am a lot of things in-between.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Gracey

when i was two sitting in the bathroom i saw an Indian standing down the end of the hall with his headdress and everything on. i thought this to be irrational. looked away, looked back and he was still there, so i stood up and walked towards him with joy and he never moved.
never mentioned it much during my life. definitely not to my kids, but one day my eldest son when 4 said to me that one day an indian came to my house and killed the biggest baddest ghost for me. these days i perceive that ignorance to be of spiritual matters, if i would not have seen that Indian i probably would have never given spiritual matter a thought.

and awesome stories you too, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Cool story. Masonic order? Is your family a descendant of Masons? Free Masons. My neighbor comes from a family tree of Stone Masons. Masons tend to know people that are high up there. Such as politicians, big business men, People in the white house. He has taught me ancient Masonry techniques. Leveling and placing stones. I'm glad you knew yourself since you were born. I was medicated since I was 5 and all the meds blocked my psychic abilities. It was when I got off drugs and heavy duty medications is when I realized I had psychic abilities. I think realizing that led me to my spiritual journey. I started learning how to use my abilities. It was weird. One day I was out back and I started seeing my Aura. And feeling how other people felt, and just knowing without explanation. I started reading books on how to improve or use my psychic abilities, and mediumship abilities, one book led to another. Then the major change was when I read the books, "Conversation with God." Then books on Spiritual Mastery. Now any book I read has to be about mastery based on my spiritual level of development. Thank you for sharing.

Freemasons yes.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
indoorFlakes

Quote:
I'm curious in how you all came to spirituality? Me, one day I decided to get in touch with my higher self, and WAM! I felt SOO loving and positive. I felt wonderful. I had a spiritual awakening. Naturally as the weeks went on from there I felt better than I ever have in my whole life. Then I had a setback that put me a few steps back. But mine started with an awakening. I started writing in journals wisdom that came from my higher self. I felt wonderful. Then I began reading books on spirituality. And that is how it all started for me. What led you to your spirituality? When did your journey start?

i was born curious... i was always questioning the nature of reality since i can recall....
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Freemasons yes.
I will be soon introduced to that society of people. I think my neigbor has been preparing me throughout the 4 years I've known him. You have to prove yourself through your actions to be a member. Mason techniques come with simplicity but works perfect. Nobody needs leveling tools to know if something is level or not. It's so simple that no one thinks about it. Ancient techniques. Part of setting rocks or stones you let nature do a lot of the work. After rain and soil that has set in, it grounds the rocks such as if you are building a ravine with rocks. I think it's supposed to be a secret so I choose to remain silent. More to it than just that.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
led you to your spirituality? When did your journey start?

I was born.

More seriously, I remember feeling "spiritual" even as a child of four looking up at the stars. I never had to discover spirituality.

eudaimonia

Mark
Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
I will be soon introduced to that society of people. I think my neigbor has been preparing me throughout the 4 years I've known him. You have to prove yourself through your actions to be a member. Mason techniques come with simplicity but works perfect. Nobody needs leveling tools to know if something is level or not. It's so simple that no one thinks about it. Ancient techniques. Part of setting rocks or stones you let nature do a lot of the work. After rain and soil that has set in, it grounds the rocks such as if you are building a ravine with rocks. I think it's supposed to be a secret so I choose to remain silent. More to it than just that.

Actually, you have to ask to be sponsored. I think you're a bit confused. Freemasonry is an order like a religious sect.

Freemasonry is a fraternal organisation that arose from obscure origins in the late 16th to early 17th century. Freemasonry now exists in various forms all over the world, with a membership estimated at around six million, including approximately 150,000 in Scotland and Ireland, over a quarter of a million under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England and just under two million in the United States.
The fraternity is administratively organised into independent Grand Lodges or sometimes Orients, each of which governs its own jurisdiction, which consists of subordinate (or constituent) Lodges. The various Grand Lodges recognise each other, or not, based upon adherence to landmarks (a Grand Lodge will usually deem other Grand Lodges who share common landmarks to be regular, and those that do not to be "irregular" or "clandestine").
There are also appendant bodies, which are organisations related to the main branch of Freemasonry, but with their own independent administration.
Freemasonry uses the metaphors of operative stonemasons' tools and implements, against the allegorical backdrop of the building of King Solomon's Temple, to convey what has been described by both Masons and critics as "a system of morality veiled in allegory and illustrated by symbols."