Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Tera's_Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Doing this is harder than it sounds, well for me anyway.
Today was a beautiful spring day, and I went for a walk in the orchard to appreciate the sunlight, and tune into Nature, and feel my heart energies (a little meditation of mine while walking) I felt the heart energies warming up like an engine as I listened to the birds, and felt gratitude.
I heard someone working in the orchard, hammering poles in to support trees. I walked past until I saw the person, an elderly man wearing a hat. I smiled, and said "hello". He greeted me.
As I was walking past still smiling a little I heard him say something so said "pardon?"
"Very rude" he said in a stuffy cut-glass kind of way, "Can't be bothered to answer when I say 'good afternoon'?"
It wasn't just his words, it was a beam of something terribly sour and nasty.
"I greeted you and smiled" I said "And I'm so sorry because when you also greeted me I didn't hear you say anything else".
"Well I did."
"And I'm sorry.....it's a beautiful day isn't it?"
"What??"
"A beautiful day?"
"Hmph!" he said "Very rude."

I should have found this hilariously funny....but unfortunately his atmosphere lingered with me in a very sour way and I found it hard to shift it.
I sat quietly when I got home as I was shaking from head to foot, and my heartbeat was hammering! I did a breath meditation, breathing in the sunlight and breathing out the negative intrusion. I couldn't raise Unconditional Love for him, I have to admit. But I did ask that he might be one day given something very lovely that would make him melt all that bitterness away, and sent a blessing as best I could.

Later I could tell I still hadn't let go of it! He was still lingering....it was a dreadful feeling. I connected with the things that mean most to me, changed the subject, and now things are better, and he's gone.
But my goodness! Who would have expected such a thing to have had such a bad effect!?

I totally get where you're coming from . Abraham Hicks calls that higher state the Vortex. When I go on a trip or get myself into vortex somehow and then I am blasted with somebodies negs it's like an even bigger shock then when I am out.

Do you think maybe you had some kind of judgment about this persons state and perhaps tried to control the outcome for them. That's something I have noticed myself and other people doing. Sometimes it's not always about what we want for them, but trying to be aware of what they might want for them.

Now I am coming to realize people who are negative on some level are enjoying it. So if see someone who's being that way I am thinking to myself, "how's it going down inside the well?" "By the way here's a rope in case you want to climb out" . I don't feel like going down there with you. I think I'll stay up here and enjoy the sunshine but I'll be nearby to help pull you out when you're ready.

Good job yourself thinking, "I should have found this hilariously funny". That sounds like you may have had a judgment about yourself even. May I suggest changing the dialog from "I should" to "I could"? Remember patience with ourselves, patience with others.

It sounds to me like you are doing a good job getting yourself back into the Vortex with your meditation. It's all about focus and practice.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Master
Tobi, when I started to read your story of your walk and the elderly gentleman I was immediatly hit with the strong immpression that he was hard of hearing and robbed of the little pleasures like knowing whether some one had said Good Day or not, and this makes him generally grumpy and testy. There is a sense he's even grown defensive about it.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Master
I know someone who is so positive it really tics me off.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera's_Party
"how's it going down inside the well?" "By the way here's a rope in case you want to climb out" . I don't feel like going down there with you. I think I'll stay up here and enjoy the sunshine but I'll be nearby to help pull you out when you're ready.

This is so good! I could have said that! Like it
Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

HAHA Gem! Yes I know....pure beautiful positive people can make us struggling humans feel blah! sometimes!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Tera's_Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Hi Gem. Why is that? Try not to think about sunshine, rainbows, and kittens.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Tera's_Party

Thank you everyone here for your sharing your thoughts. I am getting a lot of valuable information and coming up with some good ideas from this conversation!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Master
I just look on the bright side... but then I can't ignore the dark side, so airy ideals are good when I want to turn a blind eye, but I try not to get swept away by them, and stay in touch with the day to day facts.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Master
What about people who think they are positive, but in fact, the more you are around them and the more you really listen to them, you find out that they aren't all that positive. In fact, they are spewing negativity at you on a daily basis, yet telling YOU that you are negative. I'm dealing with that right now. This person claims to be so positive and yet spews negative things at me (faults all the time... ) and I realized I've been feeling very weighed down, and when I stopped to figure out why, I saw it, but this person still can't see this. I know some other so called 'positive people' and they are anything but.. (but they think they are)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Master
I've experienced negative vibes coming from materalistic people...

I'm very sensitive to their moods...

They are usually nosey and know exactly what your doing/saying...

This quote sums it up:

Great Minds Discuss Ideas
Average Minds Discuss Events
Small Minds Discuss People

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]