Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 16-05-2014, 04:06 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Using Alcohol To Cleanse Stones

I use regular vodka to cleanse all candles prior to use. I read this method in a book (I think by Aleister Crowley, but not sure) and it has worked well. I feel that the candles I have stored in my supply box collect "debris" as they wait to be used, losing their potency in magickal rites. When I cleanse them with vodka, their colour becomes more vibrant and I am more confident in their use.

A thought has recently occurred to me - what about using vodka to cleanse stones? Obviously there will be some stones that will dissolve and lose their power being submerged in any alcohol, or wiped down. What about the harder stones, such as diamond, ruby, sapphire, or even quartz or amethyst?

Just a thought. I have severe doubts considering I have never heard of this method of cleansing. Even if this would work, a more natural approach would still be much more efficient, such as soaking in sunlight or moonlight, or burying in the earth, or a basic cleansing ritual using the four basic elements.
Old 16-05-2014, 04:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
A thought has recently occurred to me - what about using vodka to cleanse stones?

no telling what kind of dreams one might have when putting those tipsy crystals under the pillow !!

on second thought, try it and let us know, I am curious

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
no telling what kind of dreams one might have when putting those tipsy crystals under the pillow !!

on second thought, try it and let us know, I am curious
I think I might test this out using amethyst tonight. I'll dip it in vodka for a few seconds and wipe it down before placing it underneath my pillow. I've looked into it and this shouldn't harm the stone. It has been done before to wash the dirt away from jewellery with stones such as those I mentioned. I will post my findings here.

Should be interesting considering the anti-drunken nature of the stone.
Old 16-05-2014, 04:36 AM
Deactivated Account

thank you, good choice on the stone

anti-drunken nature ? now that is interesting .....

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Phantasmic Fox

I did not experience a tangible difference in using alcohol and amethyst.

This is what I did: immediately before going to bed, I filled a bowl with triple distiller vodka. I placed my amethyst in the vodka for approximately 5 seconds, fully submerged. After retrieving it from the vodka, I wiped it down gently with a white cloth and placed it underneath my pillow. On a whim, I did consume the vodka (approx 6 FL oz) before crawling into bed for the night. This could have hindered its effects.

Upon waking I was holding the stone in my right hand. My body heat had warmed it and it felt hot. I thought this was strange. I don't usually move any stone placed underneath my pillow in my sleep. I did not notice anything strange about the nature of my dreams, expect for easier dream recall as you would expect from amethyst.

Overall, I think it had little effect. I noticed that, immediately after dipping the stone in vodka, it appeared to be shinier and brighter like you would expect, but as for metaphysical properties, there was no tangible difference. It's possible the stone was slightly strengthened by observing it as being brighter, but for the most part I think this practise is a wasteful act. There are easier, cheaper ways to treat your stones. If your stone is greasy or dirty, then by all means use a little bit of vodka or other light-scented alcohol as long as it's hardness it 7 or greater (I only say 7 because it's the hardness of amethyst). I don't know how soft a stone must be to dissolve in 40 percent alcohol as I used.
Old 18-05-2014, 05:22 AM
Raina

Interesting Phantasmic Fox...

This full moon did my usual; although its almost winter, we have had gorgeous, sunny days for a good crystal clearing. Then with some I haven't cleansed in awhile; rock salt and blessed water after a smudging ceremony. Topped off with a full charge in the full moon light.

I love new moons though.
Old 19-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello Fox, thanks for sharing your amethyst/vodka dream experience.

Interesting though the vodka didn't seem to have an effect on the dreams, the mention that amethyst helped you with the dream recall caught my attention. Have you noticed this before with amethyst helping with dream recall ?

I recently place 2 Herkemer diamonds under my pillow (not previously bathed in vodka ) and I didn't really notice anything in regards to enhancing or remembering my dreams. Maybe I should try with an amethyst ? what do you think ?

Expect Miracles !