Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-05-2014, 06:09 PM

Almost lost my Moldavite

7 days ago I i buried all of my crystals, including tektite Moldavite into the ground so they can cleanse and energize. I wasn't sure about putting Moldavite into the ground because it isn't from Earth, but nevertheless, I buried it. They were there for 7 days and today I decided I'll dig them out. I couldn't wait for a day longer without my crystals. Everyday I thought about them.

I found all of my crystals in the first 2 minutes, except for Moldavite. I searched for it everywhere but I couldn't find it. Sun went down and I was still searching for it. 2 hours passed and I was still searching. I was so desperate and I felt really sad. I couldn't believe that it was gone. I know it was small so it was harder to find it, but I had Moldavite for only 3 months and I just couldn't believe that its time to replace it. I imagined a picture of some guy, 2000 years from now who finds that Moldavite.

But one of the things that really hit me was that it was the most expensive crystal that I ever bought, and so since I don't have much money, I said "Please give it back to me so I can at least sell it, if that's the way it should be." . And 30 minutes passed and I thought about stop looking for it. Then I said, give me a sign where I should search for it. Nothing happened. I said it again.

And suddenly I heard a sound like when you drop a coin, I turned into the direction where the sound was coming from and I realized that I was pressing my shovel, really lightly, against the Moldavite. It was there. I couldn't believe it. Luckily, no harm was done and Moldavite is as completely new.
But now, when I found it, I don't know if I should sell it or use it. There is a mineral expo trade fair that happens only 1 time a year in my country, about a week from now.

What do you think?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous
7 days ago I i buried all of my crystals, including tektite Moldavite into the ground so they can cleanse and energize. I wasn't sure about putting Moldavite into the ground because it isn't from Earth, but nevertheless, I buried it. They were there for 7 days and today I decided I'll dig them out. I couldn't wait for a day longer without my crystals. Everyday I thought about them.

I found all of my crystals in the first 2 minutes, except for Moldavite. I searched for it everywhere but I couldn't find it. Sun went down and I was still searching for it. 2 hours passed and I was still searching. I was so desperate and I felt really sad. I couldn't believe that it was gone. I know it was small so it was harder to find it, but I had Moldavite for only 3 months and I just couldn't believe that its time to replace it. I imagined a picture of some guy, 2000 years from now who finds that Moldavite.

But one of the things that really hit me was that it was the most expensive crystal that I ever bought, and so since I don't have much money, I said "Please give it back to me so I can at least sell it, if that's the way it should be." . And 30 minutes passed and I thought about stop looking for it. Then I said, give me a sign where I should search for it. Nothing happened. I said it again.

And suddenly I heard a sound like when you drop a coin, I turned into the direction where the sound was coming from and I realized that I was pressing my shovel, really lightly, against the Moldavite. It was there. I couldn't believe it. Luckily, no harm was done and Moldavite is as completely new.
But now, when I found it, I don't know if I should sell it or use it. There is a mineral expo trade fair that happens only 1 time a year in my country, about a week from now.

What do you think?
Just to let you know Moldavite is of this Earth in several aspects. First off let's talk about the creation of Moldavite. Yes the origins of the meteor that created Moldavite are extra-terrestrial and not of this Earth BUT the reason that Moldavite is unlike any other tektite, is highly translucent, and has its wonderful green coloration is because it is also of this Earth. Moldavite was created when a meteor from space struck Earth in Germany roughly 14.8 million years ago. When that happened the heat created by the impact caused the elements of the meteor to fuse with the elements of Earth and then they were ejected back up into the atmosphere. That is why Robert Simmons created his company selling Moldavite under the name "Heaven and Earth" because Moldavite is a fusion of the elements of Heaven (space) with the elements of Earth. This is believed to be the main reason why Moldavite is such a unique tektite and mostly unlike any others because of the specific elements in the area of the impact site that fused with the specific elements of the meteor. Once the elements of both fused together and were ejected back up into the atmosphere molten slugs of Moldavite rained down in the Czech Republic, Germany, and Austria.

So that covers the creation of Moldavite. Then let's talk about after creation.... Much of the Moldavite was carried to the location in which it was eventually found by the Moldau river which is where Moldavite gets its name. From that point on it sat in the ground for around 14.8 million years and the elements of the Earth such as acids found in clayey soils and sands etched the Moldavite into its current form. A lot of the other tektites are a lot more extra-terrestrial than Moldavite is because of the way that Moldavite was created and the fusion of elements of space and Earth. With that said and the fact that Moldavite was basically in the dirt for nearly 15 million years a piece of Moldavite is going to be more at home in the dirt than most are aware of. But if you're looking to charge your Moldavite or any other tektite the best way possible I suggest leaving it out during the night/morning of a meteor shower. I don't think you should sell it though, even if it's not right for you now it may be eventually and the price of Moldavite is only going to rise as the supplies continue to dwindle lower. So not only is saving your Moldavite good for your wallet and your spiritual evolution, but it is an investment stone that will only increase in value. Where did you buy your Moldavite by the way? I may of asked you this before or maybe not I talk to a lot of people about Moldavite. I'd love to see some pictures of your piece if you have any available as well.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Knower

I am glad you were able to find your Moldavite and that it provides some benefit for you. I thought that Moldavite would be beneficial so I purchased from two different sources. Neither piece influenced me in any manner. I have no idea where they are now.
Old 18-05-2014, 05:55 AM
anson_1231

Just like Astral Explorer said : investment stone (Moldavite) that will only increase in value.

I really think that Moldavite is not easy to resell it once you get it. Although the price of moldavite you owned has up, it is hard to sell to another person.

So as a investment, I think Moldavite is not a good choice, but for spiritual experiences, it is the one.......just personal idea, no offence.
Old 18-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anson_1231
Just like Astral Explorer said : investment stone (Moldavite) that will only increase in value.

I really think that Moldavite is not easy to resell it once you get it. Although the price of moldavite you owned has up, it is hard to sell to another person.

So as a investment, I think Moldavite is not a good choice, but for spiritual experiences, it is the one.......just personal idea, no offence.
Anson what do you mean by it is not easy to resell? Do you mean that it is hard for us the original buyer to let go of the Moldavite or that it is just difficult to find a buyer in general. I totally agree with the first option if that is what you meant but as far as it being difficult to find someone to buy a piece of Moldavite you have bought that could be difficult or extremely easy depending on a few things. Obviously if you bought an average specimen of average size, average texture, average color, average locality, average quality, and average condition or anything lower in any of those categories it could be difficult to find a buyer unless you are willing to lose a bit of money on it. But if most of the Moldavite you own (and would like to sell) is from a rare locality, a rare shape, a rare color, a rare texture, high-quality, and/or in amazing condition then finding a buyer is a lot easier than most can imagine. Especially if you did like I did and tracked down amazing deals on amazing pieces in which case I could not only sell a good portion of my Moldavite extremely easily but I could also make a profit on it.

Moldavite is one of the best investment stones though for several reasons. The first being it is practically a single-source stone. Yes it can be found in small quantities in countries other than the Czech Republic such as Germany and Austria but only in extremely small quantities and Moldavite was created by a single impact which means that it is a single-sourced stone and once it is completely mined out there is no more fresh Moldavite coming out of the Earth any longer. Which means that high-quality Moldavite will not only become more scarce it will rapidly increase in value. The only people that will be able to sell Moldavite at that point will be the people who have previously purchased it and collected it in which case their collection will steadily increase in value.

So Moldavite is a great investment stone the kicker is that it is just like any investment as in it takes time to appreciate in value. People who invest in things don't expect their investment to sky rocket in a short period, they expect for it to increase slowly over time and Moldavite prices have doubled over the past 5 years and will certainly double again over the next 5 years. So I don't see how that could not be considered a good investment in my opinion. Moldavite will be completely mined out with in the next 10 years and so with in the next 10 years or so we will definitely 100% see the prices of Moldavite double several times over. So with that said make your investment while you can and while Moldavite is priced semi-reasonably and is still attainable. Because in 10 years things will be completely different and finding a high-quality specimen will be difficult, time-consuming, and extremely expensive.
Old 19-05-2014, 11:28 AM
anson_1231

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Anson what do you mean by it is not easy to resell? Do you mean that it is hard for us the original buyer to let go of the Moldavite or that it is just difficult to find a buyer in general. I totally agree with the first option if that is what you meant but as far as it being difficult to find someone to buy a piece of Moldavite you have bought that could be difficult or extremely easy depending on a few things. Obviously if you bought an average specimen of average size, average texture, average color, average locality, average quality, and average condition or anything lower in any of those categories it could be difficult to find a buyer unless you are willing to lose a bit of money on it. But if most of the Moldavite you own (and would like to sell) is from a rare locality, a rare shape, a rare color, a rare texture, high-quality, and/or in amazing condition then finding a buyer is a lot easier than most can imagine. Especially if you did like I did and tracked down amazing deals on amazing pieces in which case I could not only sell a good portion of my Moldavite extremely easily but I could also make a profit on it.

Moldavite is one of the best investment stones though for several reasons. The first being it is practically a single-source stone. Yes it can be found in small quantities in countries other than the Czech Republic such as Germany and Austria but only in extremely small quantities and Moldavite was created by a single impact which means that it is a single-sourced stone and once it is completely mined out there is no more fresh Moldavite coming out of the Earth any longer. Which means that high-quality Moldavite will not only become more scarce it will rapidly increase in value. The only people that will be able to sell Moldavite at that point will be the people who have previously purchased it and collected it in which case their collection will steadily increase in value.

So Moldavite is a great investment stone the kicker is that it is just like any investment as in it takes time to appreciate in value. People who invest in things don't expect their investment to sky rocket in a short period, they expect for it to increase slowly over time and Moldavite prices have doubled over the past 5 years and will certainly double again over the next 5 years. So I don't see how that could not be considered a good investment in my opinion. Moldavite will be completely mined out with in the next 10 years and so with in the next 10 years or so we will definitely 100% see the prices of Moldavite double several times over. So with that said make your investment while you can and while Moldavite is priced semi-reasonably and is still attainable. Because in 10 years things will be completely different and finding a high-quality specimen will be difficult, time-consuming, and extremely expensive.

I totally agreed with you.

Recently, Oldmineral has posted a Moldavite on eBay that worth US110,000, which weight 61.6 grams, from Besednice Stoh. Have you seen it? compare with I saw a piece of Moldavite which he sold before, a 80grams Moldavite from Besednice, the price was US7000. I think the 61.6 grams one is overprice, or Moldavite has increased its value ? what do you think?
Old 19-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anson_1231
I totally agreed with you.

Recently, Oldmineral has posted a Moldavite on eBay that worth US110,000, which weight 61.6 grams, from Besednice Stoh. Have you seen it? compare with I saw a piece of Moldavite which he sold before, a 80grams Moldavite from Besednice, the price was US7000. I think the 61.6 grams one is overprice, or Moldavite has increased its value ? what do you think?
OldMinerals always overprices the actual price on his pieces on eBay because he uses the make an offer feature. And so he overprices his Moldavites anywhere from 25%-100% that way when someone offers a lower price that is closer to what the actual Moldavite is worth they feel like they are getting a good deal and the person who runs OldMinerals is getting the actual retail value of a piece. This is the main reason I have never bought from OldMinerals. He definitely sells a lot of nice pieces from a lot of interesting localities but his prices are extremely high and I can find similar pieces of similar quality for a much more reasonable price nearly every time.
Old 20-05-2014, 11:50 AM
anson_1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
OldMinerals always overprices the actual price on his pieces on eBay because he uses the make an offer feature. And so he overprices his Moldavites anywhere from 25%-100% that way when someone offers a lower price that is closer to what the actual Moldavite is worth they feel like they are getting a good deal and the person who runs OldMinerals is getting the actual retail value of a piece. This is the main reason I have never bought from OldMinerals. He definitely sells a lot of nice pieces from a lot of interesting localities but his prices are extremely high and I can find similar pieces of similar quality for a much more reasonable price nearly every time.

Thank you for your reply.