Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Tsuga

Hi Visitor

Thanks for your quick response and answers too, which have been very helpful.

The black tourmaline has wisps of darkness within it's structure, hence, smokey tourmaline. Among it's many magical properties it is great for repelling types of enviromental negativity and will even convert dark force into positive energy - just what I require.
This is interesting also, as it emits negative ions the black tourmaline helps shield the potentially harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation from computers. Fancy that!!!

Unfortunately, it seems that my wooden wand will be too slender to accommodate the chunky tourmaline stone. So I have the idea of embedding it in a clump of wood so I can set on a shelf and leave undisturbed, vertical, and inverted. Somewhat like the obelisk from the movie, 2001:A Space Odyssey.

Will log off now and post pictures later in the week. Thanks ~ t.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 AM
Master
Hello thistle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
The black tourmaline has wisps of darkness within it's structure, hence, smokey tourmaline. Among it's many magical properties it is great for repelling types of enviromental negativity and will even convert dark force into positive energy - just what I require.
This is interesting also, as it emits negative ions the black tourmaline helps shield the potentially harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation from computers. Fancy that!!!

Unfortunately, it seems that my wooden wand will be too slender to accommodate the chunky tourmaline stone. So I have the idea of embedding it in a clump of wood so I can set on a shelf and leave undisturbed, vertical, and inverted. Somewhat like the obelisk from the movie, 2001:A Space Odyssey....
Thank you for informing me on Smokey Tourmaline.
Setting the stone into a wooden stand sounds like a great idea.
Looking forward to seeing your photographs. Cheers.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Guide
First I want to thank you for sharing this information. It's so inspiring.

I am just new discovering these things. I feel like I want to do so much research on suitable trees and their properties and gemstones and their properties, and metals. Then Intention, I am very inspired to begin this process but I need to further reasearch these things and meditate for a while on my own intention or purpose for the wand.

Is there any resources I can use for reasearch?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Master
Hello MysticalShaman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
... I am just new discovering these things. I feel like I want to do so much research on suitable trees and their properties and gemstones and their properties, and metals. Then Intention, I am very inspired to begin this process but I need to further reasearch these things and meditate for a while on my own intention or purpose for the wand.

Is there any resources I can use for reasearch?
Your plans for researching everything first is prudent and wise.
Internet is a good source for finding information. Before Internet, I accessed the libraries, asked people who were into the things I wanted to learn more about. Went to bookshops, etc.
Now I have an e-book reader and download my books. I also have been learning a fair bit, right here, in SF.

However, try not to let inexperienced knowledge rule your decisions. It is also, at times, prudent and wise to follow your inspiration. It is okay to try things out, experiment with things.
I know that some experiments blow-up in our face, but that is part of the fun with experimenting. And if the experiment works, well what joy it brings to our hearts.

Let me make a suggestion. Why not buy yourself a lovely clear quartz crystal. Get a feel for it, play with it in the light, see what it shows you. Let your inspiration and intuition formulate a clarity of purpose for your new crystal, and then go from there.

Have fun.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Hello MysticalShaman.

Your plans for researching everything first is prudent and wise.
Internet is a good source for finding information. Before Internet, I accessed the libraries, asked people who were into the things I wanted to learn more about. Went to bookshops, etc.
Now I have an e-book reader and download my books. I also have been learning a fair bit, right here, in SF.

However, try not to let inexperienced knowledge rule your decisions. It is also, at times, prudent and wise to follow your inspiration. It is okay to try things out, experiment with things.
I know that some experiments blow-up in our face, but that is part of the fun with experimenting. And if the experiment works, well what joy it brings to our hearts.

Let me make a suggestion. Why not buy yourself a lovely clear quartz crystal. Get a feel for it, play with it in the light, see what it shows you. Let your inspiration and intuition formulate a clarity of purpose for your new crystal, and then go from there.

Have fun.

Thank you for this!
I am lucky to have found people in my life recently who I discovered are into this and know more than I would, they introduced me to this. I will definitely be spending more time with them in the future!
I do trust my intuitition and I will have fun! Experimentation it is indeed. Yes, I've been meaning to get a good crystal, i will source on out! But first the research, then baby steps! Thank you again!
Old 04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
Tsuga

Hi Guys,

Some pictures as promised, (bit blurry), to show wand progress.
As I said, the smokey tourmaline is too bulky for the slender wand.
I've thought about green calcite, it's vibration is very interesting, but I'll
probably use that if and when I make another wand.
Clear quartz may be best. I get great views of the moon from my window, I
think this wand might be a moonlight collector.
I hope to drill down through the top of the wand so that the crystal is wedged and visible in the belfray.
This all makes perfect sense to me as I live on the top floor of a tower block.

View from my window.

What a great thread
Bye for now ~ t.
Old 16-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Tsuga

Chose a piece of Selenite today that should be slender enough
to fit the wand.

Also took home two pieces of Banded Agate.
Old 16-05-2014, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
Hi Guys,

Some pictures as promised, ... I hope to drill down through the top of the wand so that the crystal is wedged and visible in the belfray.
This all makes perfect sense to me as I live on the top floor of a tower block.
Hi thistle.
What a brilliant idea.

Love your carving. From the photo, the bough looks like it has dense fibres. Do you know what tree the found pile of branches came from?

Oh, please show us a photo, when you are ready, of your smokey tourmaline standing up from a clump of wood. I am keen to see that too.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your progress. Thanks again thistle.
Old 17-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Tsuga

I don't yet know what tree the wandwood was from.
I've been scouring tree identification sites and at first I thought maybe the Ash.
It's probably Birch,
but I do plan to take a walk through some local woodlands for a closer look.

I've been carving out a hollow from an
original off cut, but, I nicked my finger on a cheap hobby knife I was trying out.
The wood is a tad hard for flexible blades.

I saw some resin fish tank decorations and had the idea of drilling
a slot for the tourmaline wand.
Although, I'm unsure if imitation stone will dull the crystal's frequencies?

Had some fun on Photoshop to give you some idea
of what I'm getting at -

Old 17-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Master
Hi thistle.

The only problem I see with drilling a hole into resin is that it will be very difficult to remove the scratches and cuts from the drill hole surface area - to make it transparent again.

Personally, I like your first idea of putting it into a block of wood. I envisioned a thick branch cutlet -so to speak, still with its bark. The crystal has a nice fit into the wood, and if you want to use it, it can be taken out of the block. Well, that is how I imagined it.

I like the way you use Photoshop to explore possibilities, good thinking. Your image does look good.

Thistle, thanks for sharing with us.