Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 24-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Knower

Past Life Quote

Hi

While reading my book last night I came across this quote as someone said they would like to know about their previous lives, the answer was this:

"It would be a useless experiment as the sum total of what you have been, good or bad - is what you are now."

It would be lovely to hear your thoughts on this

Michelle xx
Old 24-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Pounamu

Hi Michelle...

The sum total of what you have been, good or bad, IS what you are now!

But if you want to change it, it is useful (in fact I believe, necessary) to know about the details... because to benefit by any experience, you have to understand it, and if you want to change it, you have to lovingly forgive what it was that was not so "practical" (shall we say), and release it and replace it with the energetic basis of what you want to happen, by intention. Otherwise, "what you are now" just is, and doesn't really get any push to change.

I agree that there are lives that one might not benefit from knowing about in the immediate NOW; but eventually we will have to clear all of the mistakes that we have contracted to clear in this lifetime (before we embodied). Or so I believe.
Old 24-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Knower

That's a brilliant reply Pounamu

I never thought of it like that myself which it is why I love to hear other peoples point of view

Thank you

Michelle xx
Old 25-04-2007, 08:06 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounamu
Hi Michelle...

The sum total of what you have been, good or bad, IS what you are now!

But if you want to change it, it is useful (in fact I believe, necessary) to know about the details... because to benefit by any experience, you have to understand it, and if you want to change it, you have to lovingly forgive what it was that was not so "practical" (shall we say), and release it and replace it with the energetic basis of what you want to happen, by intention. Otherwise, "what you are now" just is, and doesn't really get any push to change.

I agree that there are lives that one might not benefit from knowing about in the immediate NOW; but eventually we will have to clear all of the mistakes that we have contracted to clear in this lifetime (before we embodied). Or so I believe.

Great comments Pounamu. Over the course of more than 50 years meditating, I have recalled elements of a number of past lives. Often what I have recalled have eventually helped me grow both personally and spritually. I don't believe that past life recall is something you can force, it'll be revealed to you when you need it, when it can benefit you. While most of my insights have been positive, some have been rather traumatic, but still beneficial in review.

I've found that what usually blocks me from recalling past life memories is going into my meditations with expectations. Keeping an open heart. soul, and mind and accepting whatever is given us seems to be the answer, at least based on my experience.

John
Closed Thread