Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-07-2011, 09:11 PM
rainbowcrow

Starting out

Hi everyone
I just wanted to ask those of you who are practicing mediums or those of you who use their abilities to pass messages from spirit, how you started out? I know that trusting in ones abilities is obviously very important, but how did you know that you were ready? How did you get the messages validated? Were you doubtful at all? Who did you deliver your first message to? How clear was the message? Do you have help from a guide? Did your ability improve along the way? Phew...so many question (and I am sure I could find more ). I would love to hear about your experiences

rc xo
Old 25-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Medium_Laura

I was born with it so I can't say exactly. I teach others to tap into their abilities. There is a saying that goes "The dead choose you, you don't choose to speak to the dead."

You can read several of the mediums work and abilities here on the forum. It's a process and it takes time. I just woke up one day and spirits were talking to me. Asking for help. My guides and I have always been in contact so I try and help others get in contact with theirs.

The key is, don't rush anything. Let it flow, let it come and keep working on practicing.

A great book to read is by a couple friends of mine. Terry and Linda (The psychic twins) it's called "Psychic Intelligence" They give many useful tips on honing psychic skills and working on mediumship.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:41 PM
mattie

Trust, Trust, Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowcrow
I just wanted to ask those of you who are practicing mediums or those of you who use their abilities to pass messages from spirit, how you started out? I know that trusting in ones abilities is obviously very important, but how did you know that you were ready? How did you get the messages validated? Were you doubtful at all? Who did you deliver your first message to? How clear was the message? Do you have help from a guide? Did your ability improve along the way?...

Good questions. I’m not a medium.

You’re Spot On about TRUSTing one’s self is of the utmost importance. In the past (Piscean era) it was considered the highest possible communication for us mere mortals to get messages from on high. The Aquarian energies are more about making this direct connection through HS.

Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...418#post254418

We receive all messages from the higher Ds through HS. The wisdom of the Universe is available through HS.

As we grow spiritually/energetically we naturally expand our abilities. Be open to messages coming in various different subtle ways. Remove any requirements for them to be a certain way or even coming in the same way all the time. The fewer expectations you have on how these messages come in the better able you will be to receive them.

Mostly have a relaxed mindset about this. HAVING to do any energetic technique is highly limiting. We gain much more from gently relaxing into this than pushing it too hard.

Just KNOW this will come to you & get increasingly clearer. Affirmations such as, I AM a clear channel can be useful.

Vet or pre-instruct who you want to be accessible to.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post156097
Old 25-07-2011, 10:00 PM
rainbowcrow

Thank you both for your very helpful replies

I do have some issues trusting myself and the messages I receive which is my biggest problem - the communication just seems to come too easy I'm socially pretty shy, so I wouldn't even know how to confidently begin to pass on a message from spirit - what do you do if you are wrong ?
Old 25-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Enya

trust is the biggest aspect to master in mediumship - trust of self and of your spirit helpers.
The communications come too easy? What do you expect - dragging it out of the ether? Yes, it *should* be easy and flowing... otherwise you're not doing it right.
The key with passing on a message is to get over yourself and any shyness and just give the message. With practice you will learn how to convey it and when to ask for more clarification, but meanwhile, don't worry about being wrong... the message is for the sitter, not you and you can't know what is significant to them, so don't try to judge it through your knowledge.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:18 PM
rainbowcrow

Thank you Enya much appreciated.

OK, so trusting yourself is the big one, then is it a matter of letting one or two spirits through (probably all I could handle at the moment ) with their messages and finding who they are for, then passing them on? What happens if you have a spirit trying to communicate or a message but you don't know the person who it's meant for? Really sorry if these questions are silly.

rc xo
Old 25-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Medium_Laura

The doubts are normal and yes, you will be wrong on occasion. We tend to get in our own way and try to interpret the symbols and visions; that's when we end up wrong. As Enya said, the message and symbols are for the sitter, not us. Give it just as you get it. :) Trust in your Divine spirit helpers and if and when you are wrong... get over it and refocus. Go back to giving what you get! :)

One time I was giving a reading and I kept seeing this image of a tornado. Papers flying. A man and a woman in an office setting. The tornado between them. I was very new at delivering so I said what I saw.

She said.. "OH my Gosh! That's me and my boss! He is constantly yelling at me and throwing papers for me to do. I feel like I'm emotionally out of control!"

It made perfect sense to her, to me, it was weird! lol
Old 26-07-2011, 02:33 AM
rainbowcrow

Lol Laura, I see what you mean! I am just starting to understand clairvoyance, I seem to be a better at hearing and feeling/knowing but I have found that spirits are starting to "show" themselves to me, so this is all very new, but a natural progression of my development I hope.
Thank you so much for your help - I have read many of your posts and you are not only a wealth of knowledge, but a wonderful person who is always so willing to help others with all sorts of questions

Hugs to you all for your wonderful help

rc xo
Old 26-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Medium_Laura

*blush* Thanks RC. I truly love helping others so they can have the tools to help others too :) It's all about teaching others for me. xo

Get a note book and start to journal. That was the coolest thing I could have started in my teens. I can now look back and see where I was and what I was getting. Those journals are actually how I help people. We tend to forget subtle things that happen, like voices or people that happen to show up at 3am or what not. I would take spirit dictation and eventually my sitter would meet me and we would figure out that my dictation was from her grandmother or what not. :)

Practice writing what you see. "Today a woman about 75 years old, with short curly grey hair, glasses and a flowered house dress showed herself to me. She kept saying Lemon tart... I could actually taste lemon in my mouth."

Journal , Journal.... !!
Old 26-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowcrow
Lol Laura, I see what you mean! I am just starting to understand clairvoyance, I seem to be a better at hearing and feeling/knowing but I have found that spirits are starting to "show" themselves to me, so this is all very new, but a natural progression of my development I hope.
Thank you so much for your help - I have read many of your posts and you are not only a wealth of knowledge, but a wonderful person who is always so willing to help others with all sorts of questions

Hugs to you all for your wonderful help

rc xo

When I was a child and through out my adult life I would receive insights that were beyond my normal thought process. Later in life I was able to identify this skill as telepathy.

It is my understanding that clairvoyance is actually telepathy. Telepathy was defined for me by spirit as a "shared experience". So based on that description, all the "clair" skills are different forms of telepathy.

I like to encourage others to practice telepathy. You can do this in any number of ways. Anything from expanding the "art of listening" to actual telepathy sessions will help.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/