Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Master
Christian Prayer.

"Through Christ our Lord. Amen."

Thinking about the ending of some prayers I am beginning to realize that some pray to God as if he was somewhere else, over there or up there in heaven. Some pray TO God rather than THROUGH God. Once you start to look within you see what Jesus meant when he said ' My Father and I are one ' Oneness without losing your individual uniqueness.
Old 25-05-2018, 04:16 AM
Master
Can't God be everywhere instead of just within? Most people feel as though God is better than they are and so they presume He is higher up. Life/Reality is very harsh. Don't you wish for something better?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-05-2018, 04:57 AM
Ascender

I put my own words into prayer and I don't really resonate with the word prayer.It often start like "Hey God"....I dont use the word sin and I modernise the older words so its more real to me..."thy" becomes "you/your" because who talks like that anymore?

Making a Prayer more real brings God closer because its not like a mantra anymore but a personal chat.
Sometimes a mantra is good as it can wipe away pain for a while(been there ,done that)
Old 25-05-2018, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Can't God be everywhere instead of just within? Most people feel as though God is better than they are and so they presume He is higher up. Life/Reality is very harsh. Don't you wish for something better?

I think it's how you perceive God that determines inside or outside. I've explained before that I don't see God as higher than me as this is separation.
'Do I wish for something better'.... better in what way Honza?
Old 25-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I think it's how you perceive God that determines inside or outside. I've explained before that I don't see God as higher than me as this is separation.

Its all about Perception...God,Other people's views,Our daily life.
Perception changes with Experiences and Emotions....Example:I used to think this way now I think another way....God can change too (our perception of God)
Some days God can be inside,some days outside,some days in Heaven,some days I am one with God,some days I am separate.....but if I am happy those days then it don't matter where,who or what God is because I am being touched by Him,Her,It,Them,Nothingness,Everything.

Sky,if you view God as being the same as you and not Higher,, is that static thought?....and nothing wrong with static either as its a place of rest.
Old 25-05-2018, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
Its all about Perception...God,Other people's views,Our daily life.
Perception changes with Experiences and Emotions....Example:I used to think this way now I think another way....God can change too (our perception of God)
Some days God can be inside,some days outside,some days in Heaven,some days I am one with God,some days I am separate.....but if I am happy those days then it don't matter where,who or what God is because I am being touched by Him,Her,It,Them,Nothingness,Everything.

Sky,if you view God as being the same as you and not Higher,, is that static thought?....and nothing wrong with static either as its a place of rest.

' Sky,if you view God as being the same as you and not Higher,, is that static thought?....and nothing wrong with static either as its a place of rest.[/QUOTE'

It's a feeling Barry, normally I feel things and then question the feelings with thoughts, with this feeling it is just what it is, no questions.I don't need to think or look for what's lies behind the feeling. Hard to explain and mybe others won't understand but that's ok
Old 25-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:

There really are many ways reality could be improved. If you cannot conceive of any of those ways then so be it.

Old 25-05-2018, 08:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
There really are many ways reality could be improved. If you cannot conceive of any of those ways then so be it.

We participate in creating our own reality sometimes, that why I asked you in what way.
Old 25-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Ascender

Quote:

It's a feeling Barry, normally I feel things and then question the feelings with thoughts, with this feeling it is just what it is, no questions.I don't need to think or look for what's lies behind the feeling. Hard to explain and mybe others won't understand but that's ok

I understand the Importance of Feelings.They are personal so can't be fully explained to others....I thought you were more of an Intellectual so happy to hear that side of you too
Old 25-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
We participate in creating our own reality sometimes, that why I asked you in what way.

In that case I really have created a terrible reality and I don't understand how.