Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-09-2017, 01:24 AM
Knower

Soul fragments reincarnations according to Kabbalah, soulmats (TF) and supportmates

This thread is not about me or my personal experience, so rejoice you won's t read in here about my clueless struggles :)

This is a thread where I'm going to write things I found out briefly exploring about Kabbalah.
Source for this post is this playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...JOGzfrEceY_zRQ
lectures by rabbi Menachem Wolf about Transcendental Kabbalah -Reincarnation & Soul Mates

Since those videos are too long for me to expect anybody to watch it, I wanted to share couple of things I found interesting that may help anybody at least explain or offer base for further research about TF.

(briefly note that what rabbi calls soulmates in those videos are what we would call TF, and what he calls supportmates is what we would call soulmates or karmic partners)

So, if your idea of a term reincarnation is a the rebirth of a soul in a new body, you are in for the surprise, since reincarnation according to Kabbalah is not one soul coming back to life, its just one aspect of the soul coming back to life again.

According to Kabbalah we are all part of one soul - Adams that is split in many parts over time and we all belong to the specific soul system and specific soul family - note how this correspond with new age teachings.

But, when it comes to reincarnation it is not a simple, straight forward process - once we die a righteous part of our soul are getting connected back to our soul family and soul system but one part of our soul that needs to be corrected comes back in a another body where it joins with other parts of other souls.

Yeah, sounds complicated.
Metaphor for it would be your soul is a pizza and once you die, you soul is getting split in pieces and the part of it that needs to be corrected for wrongful doings comes back in life joined in a new body with another aspects of another souls.

So its is not that your soul is reincarnated as a whole in the entirety of its identity, it is just that one part or one aspect of your soul is reincarnated in new body.

So in this life you are John and you are in love with Marry, but once you die it may happen that just 1/5 of your soul, your soul aspects that were doing wrongful deeds are going to come back in the next life in a new body with other aspects of other peoples souls.

That is how he explained the contradictory urges and impulses we have, as a different fragments of different type of souls in us.

My personal thought: this could explain love-hate relationships, running and pulling back and forward and so on, many things and behaviors we se in TF relationships

Next interesting point
Every soul has masculine and feminine properties. -well we all know that from new age and TF teaching but I find it interesting for rabbi to say it that way too.
Every soul splits in male and female and end up in two different people.
(why there are masculine and feminine? -why there is a back and front part, everything has two side - that was his explanation, its just that - same as you have back and front part of your body you have your masculine or feminine counterpart)

Basically what hes been saying is yes, every soul has masculine and feminine part that get split and come back in the same life time together on Earth, and since they are part of one soul - they belong to each other, but since it is also difficult for them to find each other everyone should settle for a supportmate and live righteous life.

Also, kinda interesting anecdote from Talmud
What does God do all day long? He's arranging second marriages :)
Rich roman matron asked rabbi what does god do all day. He told her that God is a mach maker and orchestrate that everyone meet their other half (their counterparts)
She said: "All day? That's s ridiculous, I could do that faster ,it's s easy".
So she takes 1000 of her male servant and pairs them with 1000 of her female servants and proclaims them to be married. Next day, some came back with broke arm, black eye and so on. So she understand that they weren't right for each other and conclude that God is great since she realized how hard is to orchestrate for two split part of the soul to meet.
(this anecdote sounds cuter when told by somebody else, tired to google it and copy text but couldn't find anything:))

So it is interesting to recognize what needed to happen in order for each and one of us to meet their (supposed) counterpart in this life time.

Overall, I liked the idea of soul fragments being reincarnated rather than the whole soul and I found it it can maybe, just maybe, explain some of the push-pull, love-hate, hot-cold behavior we are talking about in here.
As in, maybe - "my soul recognized his and just 1/5 of his soul recolonized mine" lol

So, please share your thoughts, share in depth knowledge about this topic and everything else you would like :)
I'm caught up
I don't know what to do
Old 18-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Lorelyen

Great to hear of someone starting out in Qabalah. No sense in describing what I make of it - others have done that all over the place - but I've been involved with it for close on 20 years and still have miles to go! Yes, it's about Creation and the One True Creator and how It's emanations eventually led to us here on Malkuth!

You raise some interesting points, particularly that it is complicated and takes in Hebrew mysticism but is universally applicable no matter what current you follow. It was the basis to me of the "Tree of Life", the 10 (main) Sephiroth and their (ideally) perfect balance about the Middle Pillar in the various phases of Formation. And inevitably path-working which is about experiencing the Sephiroth in the broadest sense - all but "you become it!" one by one as you climb the tree. (This is the interpretation of the Tree of Life, to climb, to be pure and wise enough to walk once again with the One Creator - which isn't in the least easy. You really do have to forgo your earthly identity/ego to be able to. I'm guessing it takes a vast amount of courage and mental strength. was hard enough to believe myself reaching Tifareth!

I followed a relatively recent development of associating the paths connecting the Sephiroth with the traditional Tarot Majors - themselves being a Book of Wisdom, all forming a set of correspondences with colours, planets, Angels, Archangels etc. A beautiful "system" - everything connects, a way of being. But, well, Qabalah is more than just that.

Anyway, enough from me. All I hope is that the New Ageists don't corrupt this as they have the Hindu Systems.

All good wishes for your studies and work with this. A wonderful journey!

And, should you be interested in a compact treatise on how things fit and why; what they mean, have a look at William Gray's The Ladder of Lights if you haven''t already.
Also includes a bit on that hidden Sephira.

I'll have a look at at-least some of the video this evening.

Last edited by Lorelyen : 18-09-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 18-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Lorelyen

There's another anecdote about God going on holiday.
St Peter asked him where he'd like to go so he could arrange the travel.
God faffed about a bit, said, "I don't know... Any suggestions?"
St Peter said, "Well, why not go back to Earth? It's nice there, one of your best projects."
God frowned, a little dismissive. "No way!" he said.
"Why not?" said St Peter.
"No!" replied God. "I went there two thousand years ago, made a young Jewish girl pregnant and I've NEVER hear the LAST of it...."
Old 18-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Ascender

Interesting Clueless, thanks for the information!

I believe we have an over-soul, and yes, the self that we experience in one life is not our complete and total soul. What I experienced was a different aspect of my soul that "came out" and had a different feeling/ perspective than what I relate to as "me". Yet it still felt like a part of my soul (not a different one). I also realized that this aspect of my soul had been out and present when I had been with my tf in the physical.
I don't really think we have different souls in our bodies, but I do believe our over-soul extends beyond what we experience as "me".

On a side note, I was going to post this in your other thread, but I don't want to get the tread shut down for posting about religion, so I'll post it here, because when I heard this I thought about you too, Clueless.
Yesterday, I was angry and wanting revenge and I came home wanting to lash out, instead I went on gaia.com and watched my video recommendation for the day. The video was all about Tibetan Buddhism and what they do to reach the rainbow body/ ascension. According to Tibetan Buddhism, when we are in a negative state, such as anger, we are closer to primordial source and they believe these states are necessary for growth. Without going through these negative states, they believe, we can reach a state of false bliss and a false sense of having reached perfection. According the Tibetan Buddhism, when you are in a negative state, like anger, the thing to do is to look for the love in it. And that is when you are supposed to be able to move past it. I wanted to share this with you, because we had discussed it in the other thread.

And that was just the message that I needed at the moment, talk about getting the message that you need at the right time from the universe!

And for those who say that ascension is evil or a new age teaching. I think it is the same concept as Buddhist monks who attempt to reach rainbow body, supposedly, some that have spent years meditating in caves have reached rainbow body, and when it's time for them to go, their bodies simply shrink down to hardly anything and they fade away, leaving footprints behind. I believe this is what we now refer to as ascension. I also believe this is what Jesus experienced and was teaching about.
I would post the video, but you have to be a member of gaia.com to watch it.
Old 18-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Lorelyen

I’m not so sure soul is central to Kabala/Qabala. Perhaps…
The two big works about it are the Zohar (a huge set of commentaries on the Torah – must be 20 (hugely expensive) volumes – rather you than me! Anything to do with soul could be in the Torah. (Can't confirm - read these books but never studied them critically). Then the Sefer Yetzirah, the Book of Formation, that deals with the Creation and how everything of the universe came into being. People have summarised and interpreted these works but I don’t remember any significant reference to how the soul is put together or filtered down the 9 Sephiroth, except in the 8th (Foundation - Yesod, roughly the wheel/Sephira at which the world of spirit connects with us lot, the world of matter.

I had to make a big assumption; that the human soul is a miniaturised copy or extraction of the Soul of the Creator. Which doesn’t explain the uniqueness (ego, if you like) of the individual down here. Where that material comes from I also assume from pathworking is the gradual progress of creation through the emanations that "solidify" in the Sephiroth (wheels); producing distortions on the way down and which we need to undo as we climb back up it. If this seems theoretical it isn't really once someone gets into the practicalities.

I have much yet to learn and anyone is welcome to sort me out! I tend to the Sefer Yetzira for work I do with The Tree; it's why I spell it Qabala often, a Hermetic view.

I’m sure there’ll be newagers out there who capitalise on soul and build a new interpretation of Kabala around it. In which case it’ll go the same way as Chakras, Serpent power, Laya Yoga and all the other yogas; and theosophical concepts cheapened by eager instant-gurus, the search for kudos and money! I hope not. (Just my view).
Even so, no matter - if people are put in touch with Kabala/Qabala it can only do good. It is one excellent model to me.

Now I'll try out those videos.
Old 19-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Lorelyen

The first video is a deeply Jewish interpretation of the subject. Since as a gnostic I'm ok with "reincarnation" but with a slightly different slant, I'll probably leave this one to those "in the know".

It's certainly worth viewing at least some of it if you aren't familiar with the subject matter.
Old 19-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Knower

Lorelyen
I randomly found free online pdf book by Colin Low called
A Depth of Beginning, Notes on Kabbalah
containing lots on tree of life and tarot cards, explaining every card and so on. It is interesting, but since I dont know anything on tarot I can tell if its accurate or not :)

Also on reincarnation I would love to find a simple text that points out differences between Kabbalistic reincarnation , Hindu Systems reincarnation and finally new age reincarnation points of view. It would be quite interesting for me to read comparisons.

I personally dont know much about it yet, I was drawn to Kabbalah in last year or less, more so than ever before, and so far I remain at watching videos and reading free online books on the matter.
15-20 years ago I wouldn't ever be drawn to read about it, I was more drawn to purely philosophical texts.

Although so far I knew about the difference on spelling Kabbalah vs Qabala, considering what tradition is coming from :).
Now most of free online books on Kabbalah comes from Laitman's and I know oh to well that he is highly controversial figure alongside with his group, again I personally dont care about it much, Im taking stuff that resonate with me -whatever small percentage that is.

Also, speaking on differences between new age and our every day terms versus Kabbalah teaching, I found it kinda funny that rabbi said that according to Kabbalah
being "old soul" is not a good thing as we are used to say in every day life since it imply that the soul (or aspects of it ) were reincarnated many times ie. haven't reached its correction and having "young" soul according to Kabbalah means that the soul is whole and haven't been spitted many times due to need to come back to life and being corrected.

Just those small things, I find it interesting :).
I dont know will I and when start learning more or in-depth about it - since the main thing (aside from not having available Kabbala teachers irl) is my motivation.
I dont want to study seriously anything based on motives that has to do something with my failed TF or SC journey :)

jro5139
Thanks for sharing.
I never been member of gaia site, maybe Ill look into that over time.
As I said up - part of me wants to stop researching anything that has to do with things that I wouldn't came across haven't I learn about TF term ----I dont know if this makes any sense :)

As for the anger, yeah I absolutely agree that the best part would be to released it and look for love in everything :). Im trying to do that, most of the time (although there are times when Im failing)

As for my situation - I would prefer that I dont have any kind of supernatural or out-of-the ordinary experience ever again and that pain and anger evaporate, and that is all. :)
I'm caught up
I don't know what to do
Old 19-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Ascender

Clueless, that makes sense:) I don't research anything to do with TF anymore or watch many TF videos. However, the other stuff, I have been researching and learning about long before the tf thing happened to me. Personally, I have had supernatural and strange stuff happen to me my whole life, and I enjoy this stuff and don't plan to stop, tf or not. It's just that when I met my tf, a whole bunch of stuff happened and came together like never before.

I am interested in Kabbalah as well and have watched and read some stuff on it, but it's such a complex subject, I'm not even going to pretend to have any understanding of it yet lol.
I don't know much about Tarot yet either, but when I bought cards and started trying to do readings (on myself), I was amazed at what comes up. The book you named sounds really interesting and I would like to better understand it. The cards just amazed me at times with what they revealed, or with how I'll do a spread and repeated themes come up or the same cards come up in different spreads in regards to the same questions or circumstances. Something is definitely to it... I even happened to look at my receipt when I ordered them, and the time that I ordered them was 3:33. I thought that was funny...
Old 19-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Knower

jro5139
I understand :)

The book I found here, I honestly dont know if its any good or not :) but its free lol
www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/nok/NoK.pdf

the other day I was thinking that the only combination of repeating numbers I never get is 333,
no joke - I get to see lots of 111, 222, 444, 555,
unfortunately even lots of 666, 777, 888, and 999 as well but I was thinking how I never seen 333 - it was like couple of days ago, I even went to read what does 333 means and ever since then I saw couple of 333 before your post and now in your post :)
I'm caught up
I don't know what to do
Old 20-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless
Lorelyen
I randomly found free online pdf book by Colin Low called
A Depth of Beginning, Notes on Kabbalah
containing lots on tree of life and tarot cards, explaining every card and so on. It is interesting, but since I dont know anything on tarot I can tell if its accurate or not :)
From the Qabalistic view, the "Majors" are particularly important as they represent the 22 paths joining The Creator (through Its manifestations) down to us in the material world. But the numbers are significant, representing the Sephiroth themselves (but it gets a little complex when getting in depth). The only way to "get into" the Tarot is to meditate on each card, starting with a basic knowledge of what it represents / it's symbols.

If you're interested in the basic "story" that the Majors provide, a set of brief articles is given on the (now closed) Aeclectic Tarot site:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/

It's more a way of remembering how the cards relate. I wasn't happy with all the interpretations but it's a good start. My meditations led me to find different interpretations. all part of learning.

You need a deck of cards within sight of tradition - the Rider-Waite or Thoth (Tahuti, in Egyptian) so the symbolsm is apparent. There are millions of decks and most are frankly useless in conjunction with Qabala.

Quote:
Also on reincarnation I would love to find a simple text that points out differences between Kabbalistic reincarnation , Hindu Systems reincarnation and finally new age reincarnation points of view. It would be quite interesting for me to read comparisons.

There's probably little difference really except to the processes the spirit goes through to be prepared for the next carnation? incarnation? Some believe in the effects of Karma. others like my own that we're cleansed; some add fire to that cleansing - and when we're reincarnated, some say straight away with others there's a delay. A decent summary would be nice - agreed!

Quote:
I personally dont know much about it yet, I was drawn to Kabbalah in last year or less, more so than ever before, and so far I remain at watching videos and reading free online books on the matter.
15-20 years ago I wouldn't ever be drawn to read about it, I was more drawn to purely philosophical texts.
I picked up as I went along; one thing leads to another! There's much to learn - well, it's a lifetime really but for me it's taken in little stages

Quote:
Although so far I knew about the difference on spelling Kabbalah vs Qabala, considering what tradition is coming from :).
Now most of free online books on Kabbalah comes from Laitman's and I know oh to well that he is highly controversial figure alongside with his group, again I personally dont care about it much, Im taking stuff that resonate with me -whatever small percentage that is.
You'll form your opinions / path as you gain knowledge. Qabala often indicates a "Hermetic" or Gnostic approach - you'll come to this sooner or later - no hurry.

Quote:
Also, speaking on differences between new age and our every day terms versus Kabbalah teaching, I found it kinda funny that rabbi said that according to Kabbalah
being "old soul" is not a good thing as we are used to say in every day life since it imply that the soul (or aspects of it ) were reincarnated many times ie. haven't reached its correction and having "young" soul according to Kabbalah means that the soul is whole and haven't been spitted many times due to need to come back to life and being corrected.

Just those small things, I find it interesting :).
All words and different views. I suppose we tend to use terms that are familiar to those we're among. You'll find plenty of different opinions and they're all worth a look. As you go you'll soon distinguish the sincere from the snake oil!
Quote:
I dont know will I and when start learning more or in-depth about it - since the main thing (aside from not having available Kabbala teachers irl) is my motivation.
I dont want to study seriously anything based on motives that has to do something with my failed TF or SC journey :)
Like myself, it sounds. Depended on time and what else spiritual I was doing. Sometimes it was intense, sometimes I'd leave it for a few weeks. Pathworking eventually became important.
That can be time consuming.

All the best with it. One thing is certain - from the view of spiritual growth its study and practice (and that of the Tarot Majors) you'll never regret, even if you eventually reject it. For the finding of Self it isn't the only route but it's probably the most secure.