Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 07-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
In your situation cultivating a friendship might be nice, see how you like each other, feel secure in each other's company. Expect nothing...

:)

The thing is that I don't want to leave her disappointed. If she likes me, she might have expectations and hope for serious relationship. I don't feel that way and don't want to "disappoint" her. I probably didn't mention but we are in different countries and I am here just traveling. I wouldn't want her to hope for something that might not turn eventually the way she expected, possibly leaving behind other potential partners she can find herself.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
In your situation cultivating a friendship might be nice, see how you like each other, feel secure in each other's company. Expect nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
The thing is that I don't want to leave her disappointed. If she likes me, she might have expectations and hope for serious relationship. I don't feel that way and don't want to "disappoint" her. I probably didn't mention but we are in different countries and I am here just traveling. I wouldn't want her to hope for something that might not turn eventually the way she expected, possibly leaving behind other potential partners she can find herself.

Go along with what she said. Expect nothing.

By stressing the outcome bad or good you're creating expectations and with expectations come disappointment.

What ever was meant to be, friends or not will only flourish by just allowing it and being in the now.

think of it like this.

You have ten minutes to get somewhere and you're stressing being late.
So you preemptively turn down a road you "think" will get you there faster.
Half way down the road you see there is construction and you are made to wait past the time you had to get there.

You could have just rolled the windows down from the beginning and enjoyed the trip to your destination soaking in the sun and wind and you would have most certainly been there in time smiling!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
I'd personally say yes if you're talking about emotions around desire/romance. It's been more a feeling of solidarity, a deep affinity, a concern for her welfare, a trust that's never spoken about, a readiness to support, a lot of thinking and feeling in common - not everything but most things - and a pretty unconditional acceptance of all that the person is.

Which doesn't mean that romantic/desire emotions don't come into it. They might but they'd be an add-on to those other connections as I see it.

I agree completely!....and while I do believe I have some innate ability to sense that someone is a "soul connection" that in no way guarantees that it would be a great relationship....for either of us! .......It just means theirs some connection...that's all!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 23-09-2017, 01:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Nice ideal - but typically male, thinking they know all about a woman just from looking and believing they feel a vibe. Whether the woman feels the same about them doesn't come into their equation.

I'll be miles from alone in saying that I've had guys come up to me with this soulmate stuff but they really haven't a clue about me or what's expected of soulmates. Most usually men use this approach thinking I / the woman is going to be sexually good...we have the bumps in the right places.

I do have a soul mate. She's also female but there's never been anything sexual about it. However, when it comes to mutual support or our deep affinity in the way we feel about things, that's where it's at.

I do interest myself in people a lot and I've noticed men posturing as soul mates in an intimate relationship until their carnal repertoire reaches its limits. Then they big up some small reason to escape leaving the other bereft. Of course, women can do this too. Both genders can surrender to relationship illusion then feel emotionally injured when reality hits.

Just my views.

First of all, I'm not your "typical" male, and secondly, I never mentioned anything about being sexually attracted to them. I have met soulmates that were romantic interests, friends, both male and female. It has nothing to do with sexuality.

Also, it sounds like you have some issues with men you need to deal with...