Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valus
shabda,

You can research Gabriel Cousens plan for treating type 1.

Making a claim to be able to cure something is a big deal,
and, while I will not claim that all type 1 diabetics can be cured,
I can tell you that some type 1 diabetics can be cured,
and weened off of insulin completely, while many others
can, at least, reduce their dependency on insulin, and
see dramatic changes in their health for the better.

It is a lifestyle change, and the choice is yours,
but, yes, it requires a fair amount of commitment,
and I don't blame anyone for preferring the shots.

Even if you cannot cure yourself of diabetes,
as I said, you can see radical changes for the better.
Ultimately, any change in this direction, however small,
is going to make you healthier and probably happier.
it's funny that you say this....i was told some years ago by a psychic that i would be cured of diabetes in this life...i was at the doctor this morning, and he wants to test my pancreas to see if it produces insulin at all, which it shouldnt, me being a type 1...but this same psychic had told me my pancreas was merely sleeping and would need to be re-awakened, and it is starting to seem as if this might be the case, of course i have yet to find out, but im keeping hope alive~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
I'm like you Shabda - while not diabetic, I can become very weak and shaky due to low blood sugar if I don't eat enough. My mom is an RN and she said that I should have upwards of around 6,000 calories a day for the way my body consumes them. I simply can't keep up with my body as fast as it consumes the calories.

The best meals for me are small - high calorie - high protein meals...and eat 5 a day. I've tried that, and that's what works best for me. That way I have a steady supply of energy.

I understand you fully. I have to make sure I get plenty of magnesium and other vitamins in my body - but the one I watch the most is the Magnesium because my body's pretty low in that (and the Western diet is low in it to begin with). From what I've read with the links between low mag. and Fibromyalgia - I was pretty amazed. I know when my body is low in mag. and that's when I get the muscle tightness again, more susceptible to the cold temperatures, my mood is affected, etc. And the thing is - I experienced these things before I read about them. It wasn't until after I had done the research that I realized all the connections.

You got that right! My body is the lean muscular type - used to run long distance. Like you mentioned - I need the extra cal. only due to a different health reason now (aside from my metabolism) - the CFS.
Kapitan, i know what youre saying, low blood sugar can be a real drag, and it can have terrible effects, i tend to do things the same way you do, i call it grazing rather than feeding lol...do what you have to do to keep the calories plentiful enough for your body, thats the ticket~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 03-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Valus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
it's funny that you say this....i was told some years ago by a psychic that i would be cured of diabetes in this life...i was at the doctor this morning, and he wants to test my pancreas to see if it produces insulin at all, which it shouldnt, me being a type 1...but this same psychic had told me my pancreas was merely sleeping and would need to be re-awakened, and it is starting to seem as if this might be the case, of course i have yet to find out, but im keeping hope alive~!

Awesome, Shabda! Keep hope alive, definitely.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Valus

Kapitan,

There are many, many people in the world who find it extremely difficult to think outside of the box, and to transcend their cultural conditioning. For them, there is no distinction between a nutcase conspiracy theorist and a dyed-in-the-wool independent thinker. As a good friend of mine put it, "Everything that is outside of the box is put into the same box." (Yes, he is an Aquarius, lol.) It's a shame when people get this rigidly stuck in the popular mindset, because it not only robs them of much of their potential in this life, but it causes them to place stumbling blocks in the way of the ones who could help them most. We should all learn that a truly scientific mind is one which questions the experts, or so-called experts, and thereby leaves room for future discovery.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Re Shabda: I do try. It's hard living alone and trying to do everything. It would be better if I could split the chores. I also think the mental stress is a big factor too. I've been trying to find a balance where I can cook some food for myself and have enough to last me a day or two so I don't have to cook as much. I don't like wasting food. And some days I'm just to tired...it's a vicious cycle that I've been trying to break for several years now...but I don't think it will be broken until things change in my life.

I'm doing what I can for myself with my own limited resources (and sphere of influence so to speak).
Old 03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Master
Valus, all diets are cultural phenomena in a sense. Cultures are influenced by climate and environment.
Going raw vegan is a modern cultural idea, popular in the west among those who believe that the use of fire is ''unnatural''

Aquarius is a cultural sign!

Quote:
We should all learn that a truly scientific mind is one which questions the experts, or so-called experts, and thereby leaves room for future discovery.
Which includes the so called alternative ''experts'' like those in your first post.
Human=herbivore < biologically incorrect. That doesn't mean we have to eat meat, we are adaptable so we have a choice.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Valus

Chrysaetos,

Aquarius is a future oriented sign which, yes, sees the larger, cultural context, and questions it. I've got my Moon in Aquarius, and my Sun, Venus, and Midheaven all tightly Conjunct Uranus (ruler of Aquarius) in the 11th house (Aquarian house), in the sign of Uranus' exaltation (Scorpio).

Quote:
Going raw vegan is a modern cultural idea

Yes and no. What is so fascinating about the modern world is that we are in the midst of an archaic revival. Everywhere you look, the most ancient ways of understanding and perceiving the world are reemerging. We are returning to the lost wisdom of pre-history. Definitely check out the book, "The Chalice And The Blade", to see how the primary assumptions of the last two thousand years, and of what we call Western Civilization, are finally coming up for radical revision. Never before in our history have we been in a position to humble ourselves to the wisdom of indigenous societies. Now, as our accepted notions and methods are leading to economic and even planetary collapse, we are beginning to ask the fundamental questions we always thought we knew the answers to. For one thing, we are finding that man, from the earliest times, has been primarily a gatherer, and only occasionally a hunter -- in times and places of scarcity and for ritual purposes. While rare exceptions exist, meat eating has always been minimal, up until the last two hundred years or so. The raw food movement has emerged at this time, largely as a corrective measure to the excesses of the past.

I don't think fire is bad, lol. In fact, under some conditions, and for some people, cooking some food, at low temperatures, for short periods of time, can be beneficial. Some strong medicines, like Ayahuasca, even need to be boiled for hours. But this is a rarity, and in light of how far our culture as a whole has erred in the direction of cooking, there is nothing particularly harmful about some of us erring in the opposite direction; which, I admit, I may do at times. Traditional Chinese Medicine does recommend lightly cooking most foods, and claims that raw foods are too astringent; not gentle enough in their healing. However, it regularly recommends a short-term raw food diet as a form of detoxification. Most Americans and even Europeans would be seen as prime candidates for such a detox. Once you cleanse, you may decide that raw is not what's best for you in the long term.

Thanks for listening with an open mind.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Re Valus:

Chrysaetos happened to speak for me incidentally (and probably unintentionally).

Quote:
We should all learn that a truly scientific mind is one which questions the experts, or so-called experts, and thereby leaves room for future discovery.

Chrysaetos: Which includes the so called alternative ''experts'' like those in your first post.

--And besides, those 'experts' aren't living in my body (common sense).
Old 03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Everywhere you look, the most ancient ways of understanding and perceiving the world are reemerging. We are returning to the lost wisdom of pre-history.
As in...
Quote:
While rare exceptions exist, meat eating has always been minimal, up until the last two hundred years or so.
Not for those who lived in the pre-civilised world. Hunting is everywhere in pre-history and after, even in India. Agriculture is recent, without it, man needs to be a hunter or he dies. Interestingly, if it wasn't for agriculture we also wouldn't be where we are now.

--

Maybe they do live in your body Prien, you just have to find them..

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 03-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Chrysaetos: Maybe they do live in your body Prien, you just have to find them..

Oh...come to think of it...you're right. They're those free radicals I've been drowning in many cups of tea I've been drinking...
Closed Thread