Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-06-2015, 12:35 PM
lolastephens404

Music

First, let me say that I am really a newbie at this so I am just beginning to learn. I have read that music and sounds can be used to help open our chakras. Well, I had an experience 2 nights back that I'm not sure about. It was just a sound. A chord of a song that set it off. Actually two chords from a song that was playing at the end of a show I was watching on tv. My whole body broke out in goosebumps and this incredible feeling seemed to be working its way down my body and it settled in the pit of my stomach so hard it made me almost double over. It was a wonderful feeling. I have had music give me goosebumps before. I think everyone has been through that but never anything as intense as this and it went on for a long time. Several minutes. Left me almost weak feeling. Now, I know something happened to me but I'm not sure exactly what. It hit me that I may have had a chakra opening. Would someone please explain this to me?
Old 08-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Guide
Sounds like your current energetic/emotional state resonated with the sound. Our energy is frequency and music is also frequency and when two similar frequencies interact, they resonate. Your current chakra state influences your Prana state and your current energetic and emotional state.

While the music resonated with your Prana and chakras, this is different then a chakra activation. Chakras are energy centers that can be expanded with intent. Chakras and Prana are vibrations which can be influenced by sounds vibrations. Specific sounds frequencies correlate to different chakras at different levels.

We activate specific chakras with an understanding and intent of the specific chakras. What you experiences is a brief resonance of the chakras. While this temporarily resonated with your chakras, chakra activation involves control over them.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 25-06-2015, 09:10 AM
lolastephens404

Prana

Thanks for the info. I have a little better understanding of it all now. Working to gain control.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:12 AM
Lorelyen

Sound is so often neglected as stimulus in our spiritual development - sometimes music, sometimes just sounds - the rain, birdsong, children playing, and on. It isn't so much a surprise to me as I work with music and listen within to capture its sounds, in turn get captivated in much the same way as you.

So, as good as your discovery is (that it may have awakened a chakra) you've also discovered a world of possibilities with sound.

It could be that because each chakra is associated with particular tones and mantras, the timbre of these sounds touched either of them. If it was deep in the pit of your stomach, sacral area or perineum, it could have been muladhara (some people call it the root chakra) - right and proper as that is the chakra you'd awaken first. A few other tantric-like "systems" also recognise this energy centre. (The stylised sacral bone, an inverted triangle, symbolically features in images of muladhara, representing kundalini waiting to be awakened.)

It could also be that you're a sensuous person sensitive to organised sounds (chords, progressions, instrumental timbres) and if you are on a path to spiritual development you've discovered something definitely worth cultivating! It certainly seems you've awakened something.

May I suggest you get a little notebook so you can jot down things like this?

All the best with it,
Lorelyen.