Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 19-05-2015, 01:51 AM
Experiencer

I know some Hellenic reconstructionists. They definitely feel that the Gods are alive and among us, and never left. If you live anywhere in an English speaking country or a country whose language is based on Latin (and many more cultures, but i'm just going to stick with what I know) then you're constantly surrounded by things that originally came from Greek and Roman culture. Many commonplace words and many commonplace symbols come from Greek mythology. There's a good argument for the Gods to have never gone anywhere, and in fact maybe they're known to more people than ever before!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxlumina
I know some Hellenic reconstructionists. They definitely feel that the Gods are alive and among us, and never left. If you live anywhere in an English speaking country or a country whose language is based on Latin (and many more cultures, but i'm just going to stick with what I know) then you're constantly surrounded by things that originally came from Greek and Roman culture. Many commonplace words and many commonplace symbols come from Greek mythology. There's a good argument for the Gods to have never gone anywhere, and in fact maybe they're known to more people than ever before!

I see the survival of Hellenic religion into modern times from a more specific perspective. I'm a Western Occultist, a spiritual practice with three main sources: the Jewish mysticism and magical practice represented by the Caballa, various forms of Gnosticism in Pre-Christian Palestine, and most important, the Greek Mystery Cult, which was rooted in Hellenism. For example, the model of the afterlife accepted by most modern Spiritualists is very similar to that portrayed in ancient Greek mythology.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Knower

I am a Hellenic reconstructionist and I can assure you that the Gods haven't gone away. There are worshipers in Greece and around the world: see the websites of labrys.gr and hellenion.org. (I can't post the full urls yet)

Will Zeus answer your prayer? Perhaps, perhaps not. He's certainly not likely to appreciate being used in an experiment! I worship the Gods regularly, and make offerings. When we show our interest in and appreciation of them, they're more likely to take an interest in us.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:10 PM
Ascender

Do you believe that Zeus, Ares etc that they actually physically exist in a real sense?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Do you believe that Zeus, Ares etc that they actually physically exist in a real sense?
Yes and i have emailed Zeus who was just an alias for the fallen lead watcher Shemyhaza.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Yes and i have emailed Zeus who was just an alias for the fallen lead watcher Shemyhaza.

Get off with you?!

Whats his email address, Im fed up with passing through the clashing rocks on way to the pub!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Get off with you?!

Whats his email address, Im fed up with passing through the clashing rocks on way to the pub!
He rebelled in 2007 so he keeps his back against the wall. However, if you ask a question now, i might be able to answer now because i have possibly asked the same question in the past.