Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 AM
white_lobo

about something ive been drawing for years

So i have this symbol i have been drawing since i was 16 years old. It holds some importance to me, but i can not find out why it feels so important to me.

i have been researching symbols from other religions and countries and have so far found nothing similar to what i have been drawing.

i was about 16 when i first drew this, i had a feeling that something needed to be drawn, so i took a piece of charcoal and chalk and just started fluidly drawing it as if it was flowing through my mind at light speed.

i am asking people in here, if they have seen something similar in their years, so i can figure out if it has origins somewhere else i might have subconsciously picked up in the past and drawn out of subconscious remembrance.

well it looks like i can't post any pics of this untill i hit 15 posts, so i will come back to this and edit it after i have made 15 posts
Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 AM
Shincarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_lobo
So i have this symbol i have been drawing since i was 16 years old. It holds some importance to me, but i can not find out why it feels so important to me.

i have been researching symbols from other religions and countries and have so far found nothing similar to what i have been drawing.

i was about 16 when i first drew this, i had a feeling that something needed to be drawn, so i took a piece of charcoal and chalk and just started fluidly drawing it as if it was flowing through my mind at light speed.

i am asking people in here, if they have seen something similar in their years, so i can figure out if it has origins somewhere else i might have subconsciously picked up in the past and drawn out of subconscious remembrance.

well it looks like i can't post any pics of this untill i hit 15 posts, so i will come back to this and edit it after i have made 15 posts

I would love to see this symbol that is important to you. I also have a symbol I receive in my spiritual patth, but like you I can't post because I'am also new. Also I know my symbol interpertation. I will share this with you when I can Post it.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:50 AM
Envolucris

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_lobo

I've seen some other members hint at throwing a dash in the link so people who really want to see it can copy/paste and omit the extraneous bit. I would certainly like to see the symbol.
Old 28-02-2014, 05:15 PM
white_lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envolucris
I've seen some other members hint at throwing a dash in the link so people who really want to see it can copy/paste and omit the extraneous bit. I would certainly like to see the symbol.

sorry for not posting sooner, i got discouraged when i found out i needed a lot of posts to put active links or pics into my threads so i kinda gave up for a while.

i came back into the forums to day to try and make more posts so i could get this issue some light. thanks for the idea of putting a dash or space in the middle of the link so people can copy paste. i just hope the mods do not get angry.

going to do that now

htt p://i60.tiny pic.com/2j1as0h.jpg

just delete the spaces between htt p and tiny pic.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Master
This link will work http://i60.tinypic.com/2j1as0h.jpg

Note to mods: link above is legit, goes to image as indicated by original poster

I don't know the meaning.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Master
It's going to be a very personal meaning, exclusively for you, imo. A way of triggering a search or a memory, or even just a soul reassurance to you from your higher self and/or guides. So in order to decipher it, I would instead focus on meditating on the symbol, paying attention to thoughts and ideas that come along.

Just my thoughts.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Sassy

Dang... something about it looks familiar to me, too... but I can't quite place it. I'll look into it tomorrow - kindle is no good for research.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Newbie ;)

I think I've seen that picture on tumblr or something like that on tumblr.. I think the symbol is like the Yin and Yang symbol..it represents duality. I've seen pictures like this one on tumblr where they show those colours and have those shapes and theres like quotes representing duality written on either side of picture where one side is white with a black shape inside and the other side is black with a white shape inside ..

wikipedia states:

"the concept of yin-yang which is often called "yin and yang",is used to describe how opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. Many natural dualities (such as light and dark, high and low, hot and cold, fire and water, life and death, and so on) are thought of as physical manifestations of the yin-yang concept. "

"Yin and yang can be thought of as complementary (instead of opposing) forces interacting to form a dynamic system in which the whole is greater than the parts. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, (for instance shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation."

I hope this helps in some way
Old 03-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Knower
Very interesting symbol you have there. As an artist, I was really curious about this thread. :) it almost reminds me of the zodiac symbol for Pisces the fish, only the middle line connects the two halves at the center. Pisces, like Gemini, is a sign of duality where the two fish swim around each other forever. The two fish represent the conscious and the subconscious, the material world and the invisible, spiritual world.

Also, I too see the yin yang similarity. :)
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 PM
octavarium

I feel like I've seen this before too, not too sure where. It makes me think of the sun and balance. Of course when we see black and white together we think of balance, ying/yang, but this to me resembles the sun. Not because of the rays... I've come across this image or something similar before. Interesting!!