Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 16-02-2013, 02:23 AM
Experiencer
Overcoming fears and living fearlessy

Hi

Since the beginning of this year I said to myself that I will 'face my fears' and I've been doing quite well. I have faced and overcome alot of fears in the last month and a half. Now I have come across a fear that I believe that is quite deep rooted.

I have always been afraid of ghosts, dead spirits etc. So havent ever been a fan of watching scary films. Now I watched one yesterday and then couldnt sleep. So clearly this fear has a hold over me. I have been working on diminishing the egos hold over me and have made good progress. Having overcome some fears already this year i see how positive it is to my life for example I seem to have some much more energy as I believe its not being consumed by these fears anymore. Therefore I know that by releasing these fears I feel towards ghosts and spirits will transcend me to another level. The problem with this fear is that I have had it for aslong as I can remember. Ever since I was a young child, I have always been afraid of ghosts and spirits.

I guess what i want to know is where does this fear of ghosts and bad spirits come from? Why would i be afraid of these things from a young age? Could it be that the fear is from a past life? No matter what and however hard I find it, I will overcome it because I now know living without fear is really the only way to live. I have already worked on overcoming the fear of death and don't feel as scared to die anymore. Saying that, if death presented itself to me, I don't know how I would react but I believe I would be able to 'handle it' so to speak.

Any feedback would be much appriciated. Thank you!
Old 16-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Master
Empower yourself against the ghosts and goblins and other insubstantial things that frighten you. I feel that's why they're frightening... because they are insubstantial. You can't whack them, hide from them, etc. So find that power in yourself where you inherently know and recognize your power... and the fear will dissolve away.

My take on it.

Old 16-02-2013, 03:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Why would i be afraid of these things from a young age?
Most likely you were scared when you were young and do not remember it. Most small children are. Also, fears are parents had kind of attach to us. I believe that most of our fears are family made. Just my opinion.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator
I watched scary films like Poltergeist when I was young. Why my parents let me, I have no idea. So, I was always scared...even up to adulthood more or less. The fear of such things is normal for most, and completely silly for others who don't believe. Whether or not you believe in spirits etc makes a difference I think, but if you do believe, just know that you are stronger than they are. You have the power to make them leave you alone if you choose. Part of that power comes from facing the fear of them of course. I used to feel bouts of intense fear as a child that would come out of nowhere and I always thought it was just because I had a very vivid imagination and had watched too many scary films. As an adult, and having gone through my awakening, I know there's a good chance I was sensing things that were real. The way I conquered that fear was with the knowledge that it was the fear itself that posed the threat, rather than the 'thing' I was afraid of. I have literally felt presences try to attack me, and it's at times a very scary thing. I've learned to respond in a very effective and demanding way that basically says 'you aren't welcome and I demand you leave now' And I don't know your spiritual beliefs, but anytime I use the words 'in the name of Jesus' it always works.
Old 18-02-2013, 11:19 PM
keith95843

Fear is a deep emotion to protect our selfs take it for what it is our trigger to be prepared it makes us more aware and on alert which is not a bad thing it means protect yourself so a protection prayer would be a great place to start and may help ease it

Keith
fight love live
Old 18-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Master
It's a bit hard because the place which is indestructable is kinda known or unknown, but it's there.