Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-03-2014, 03:15 AM
DayLight1555

About reincarnation

Not sure if this goes here or elsewhere?

Just how I understand about reincarnations...a brief summary

There is a spirit...existing somewhere.

Then he limits itself by putting a human body on.

So a body ( a human body) is like a set of limitations that a spirit would put onto its pure self.

So the spirit is doing an experiment (so to speak) and is trying to see how he would behave in this body (these genes, these strengths, these weaknesses, these problems, this situation). And then he puts himself into a different situation and say: hmm, I wonder how I will act here, with this limitations (this body). So this same spirit acts differently in different bodies. Because the bodies are partly responsible for the actions. They push the spirit to act according to the body's disability or weakness or fears. But sometimes the spirit is stronger and can make its own will known. But sometimes the body is the one calling the shots and making the spirit do what it wants (so to speak).

So the spirit may be learning, but it's not learning to be good, because it's already good as a spirit. But it's learning to see the world from different perspectives. How would a spirit know how it feels to be poor unless he became poor and forgot all about his previous life and believed that he was poor and that's all there is?

This is the only way to have a pure authentic experience. So I believe that the spirits are gaining experiences (not trying to become more good, but trying to understand more, how it feels to be this or that or to be in these conditions and that ones... Remember Paul said about Jesus: he understands you because he went through these sufferings and through life on earth...

So these spirits then can understand humans better and life in general and can help humans better.

There is a second part to reincarnation. Usually, it never comes up in regular reincarnation theories. The soul who lives in a body naturally is sharing the body with the spirit who is reincarnating. So the soul is learning the lessons. But the spirit doesn't need to learn those kinds of lessons. The soul will go on to evolve and to learn more lessons. The spirit will return to its previous existence, having gained more experience of perspectives and stuff. I mean how do you learn "how does it feel to live on earth" for example? Except by going there and living as one of the earth people. Only through reincarnation.

But the soul is learning how to be better. Except of course, the soul will do much better in the afterlife by default. Because some of the soul's bad actions are because of the defective body. The body is like a living suit. It makes the soul sometimes do things that she doesn't want. But when the soul gets a new body, the body that works properly and is balanced and is not acting all crazy (and evil), the soul all of a sudden will appear to be a much better person.

So the essence of the soul is not bad necessary. But the body gets screwed up and makes the soul act crazy. Like sex drive goes wild and the lady can't overcome the desires and she has to do what the body does. But in the next life, if the body doesn't go crazy like that, she will have no need to be a prostitute, nor a desire. Therefore you could ask: well who is this lady, is she a prostitute or not? Well, try putting ANOTHER soul in this same defective body and see how well SHE resists the urges. Maybe she will be a prostitute too. But maybe in some other life this soul was a nun. So it's the body that makes the soul act a certain way that she may not in other circumstances. And if the body is like a suit, then it's not really the soul. So no need to blame and punish the soul for misbehaving because her body pushed her into it and she couldn't resist, was too weak.

However, learning of all kinds is necessary. And learning always takes place. Just that there is no punishment or pay back. It's like I said: no need to punish the soul for the misdeeds of the body. The body is like a computer program, it integrates with the soul (you could say) and that's why it's able to control the soul. And it's also able to control the reincarnating/visiting spirit.

Atheists are not to blame for not believing. They simply are not capable so they don't. It's partly the fall of the body again, the brain is blocked in certain ways or sees things only from a certain perspective.
Old 31-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Ecthalion

It seems to me that you are saying that there is very little-no free will and that we are slaves to our bodies. I can see your point partly. We all have physical/mental drives which our consciences strive against.
What really caught my attention was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
Atheists are not to blame for not believing. They simply are not capable so they don't.
Firstly, why attach 'blame' to atheists? Are they evil or something?
Secondly, does the same apply to paedophiles etc? They are not capable of being otherwise?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Experiencer
I think much of what you say has merit. However, I think it is still a perception. No different than the perception we experience in the life we are living materially. For example, I have a hard time recognizing reincarnation. Fundamentally I believe your soul or spirit is eternal. For this reason, I believe this soul can incarnate multiple times but it is a misconception to call it reincarnation. Energy is energy, simply put, it has no beginning or end, it has cause and potential.

I also believe incarnation is designed by your conscious spirit. I believe their are specific reasons for specific incarnations that are particular to the potential your energy wishes to realize. As for what role the biological body plays with respect to how beings perceive or experience... Good question? I am not sure.

Thanks for the post and your insight

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung