Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Interesting about Jesus. I'll have to investgate.

So if we talk about a soul being old, that might imply that a soul is a single entity. But perhaps a soul is multiple and perhaps a new energy or energies or souls blend with the existing soul as and when previous aspects of the soul are done and dusted and can show forth. Or it's an aspect of your soul that hasn't seen the light of day because other stuff had to be processed.

It's a bit new in my thinking and so raw in form. But as said I'm not sure on reincarnation and I'm not sure on many things.

The Akashic Records being read by Douglas James Cottrell, Edgar Cayce and Ross Peterson helped me clear a lot of things up. They are the only people I fully trust with their readings of the AR. You can find lots of their readings on youtube. If you don't trust that the Akashic Records are a reliable source spend some time looking into how acurate they all are/were (especially Edgar Cayce as he gave the most readings) and the incredible things they would/do know in their readings.

Also I will address the evolving subject and I'd be interested to hear what other peoples opinions are also:

I believe that sometimes we do things that cause us to move in the wrong direction. We live lives where we move towards negativity and this takes us further from our ultimate goal here on Earth which is to become fully realized. But there is a catch! In order for us to move towards the positive and become fully realized we must experience negativity. You can then see that even in our darkest hour we are still progressing. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum who have had hardships in their current life and who look back on these hard times, glad that they happened as the negativity actually created positive outcomes. As I am sure many people reading this are aware, this is also what is going on with humanity at the current time. The negativity we are experiencing in the World will escellate to the point where the horrors are so extreme, so overwhelming and unbearable that we look up and say "God help us". The negativity will result in the predicted 1000 years of peace for humanity. This 'Golden Age Of Humanity' will never be achieved without the negativity.

I'd like to share my thoughts on some more points. To do this I wil use Jesus as an example:

Jesus lived 33 incarnations. He became fully realized after that amount of lives here on Earth. Why did he become enlightened at a more accelerated pace than me? If you think of it we were both exact copies of each other when we left the God Head. So why? It is because of the lives Jesus lived. The path he walked in each life led him to enlightenment at the 33 incarnation here on Earth. If it was 'me', as in 'my' soul, that was to have lived the lives he lived I would also become enlightened at exactly the same time. I would make the exact same decisions he made and done exactly the same things he did. So you see, every decision you take in your life, other people saying you should have done this or you should have done that is total ** because they also would make the exact same choice if they had lived all your lives. This in turn enforces the concept that we are all one, we are not walking individual paths but we are all walking our paths interconnected as one.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Experiencer

I was told recently that I have "lived many lives" so I guess I am a slow learner and not too good a memory either
Old 11-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Master

Venturer I'm prone to wild and whacky thoughts. Not many but they occur. With this one it's not without merit but its more looking for refinement. I'm a fan of cayce but I'm also mindful of what many mediums say.

I wonder if it would be better to say an aspect or aspects of my soul haven't seen the light of day. And older aspects which are completed are released or allowed to rest.

Anyway. Lots of possibilities.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by venturer
The reason I started this thread was because I have recently been curious if I myself have lived through multiple universal cycles. If so I am repeating everything over and over with improvements each time. I wanted to hear other peoples ideas/beliefs of what they feel or have been informed about their souls 'age' as I felt I might gain some insight into understanding myself a little bit better.

In my own case, I know I've been here many times before, and I expect I'll be back many more times before I hang it up and do something different. I like it here, so I don't see that as a bad thing.

Am I an "old soul"? I don't know. I'm not even sure what that means to an eternal consciousness; it strikes me as a very earthbound notion. Frankly, I don't think it matters. Am I doing my best to express myself as a soul, within the limitations and illusions that are part of the interactive game called Living on Earth? I try. Am I any good at it? Well, I'm enjoying my experience, and learning new and more expanded ways of being all the time, so maybe I am.

But then again, I'm not (yet) very good at helping souls who are struggling here recognize who and what they are, or at least helping them see higher ways of navigating life here--so maybe I stink at it, and still have a lot to learn before I truly master the game.

That said, I was a precocious child who hated being a child. I remember being very small and demanding a fork to eat with and a real glass to drink from--no spoons or plastic cups--because that's what adults used to feed themselves. I remember an epic tantrum when I was four, over a dress I was expected to wear, because it was "babyish." Looking back, I can see that it was exactly the sort of dress a four-year-old would reasonably be expected to wear, but to me it was an intolerable insult.

And that sense of being a much older person in a kid's body persisted for a very long time--well into my 20s. My parents used to joke that I was born 40, and was trying to catch up. And they were right. I'm 47 now, and have absolutely loved my forties--I feel the most like "myself," now. And I'm not afraid of getting older, either; I'm looking forward to it.

But does that make me an "old soul"? Not necessarily. My guess is that it's simply spillover from my last lifetime. Maybe I died unexpectedly in my 40s then, with lots of unfinished business that I was impatient to get to in this life.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
In my own case, I know I've been here many times before, and I expect I'll be back many more times before I hang it up and do something different. I like it here, so I don't see that as a bad thing.

Am I an "old soul"? I don't know. I'm not even sure what that means to an eternal consciousness; it strikes me as a very earthbound notion. Frankly, I don't think it matters. Am I doing my best to express myself as a soul, within the limitations and illusions that are part of the interactive game called Living on Earth? I try. Am I any good at it? Well, I'm enjoying my experience, and learning new and more expanded ways of being all the time, so maybe I am.

In a way, reincarnations (which is not that bad either) really doesn't matter to me either. I became unattached to everything sometime ago in my late teens. I'm only in my middle age years, and I already am at peace with my earthly life and has no regrets of it, so is just happy to reach it's end anytime. But I have no desire whatsoever to come back, regardless of reincarnation conditions.
I guess a soul in this state of mind won't be making pact of entering another reincarnation for the sake of another -
talking while still bound in flesh of course, makes a difference
so maybe I would if the purpose is so great.
What I found surprising is to whom I learned the importance of making light of life in gleaning back. That person I met sometime ago isn't even that spiritual or religious nor was directly talking to me all the time, but it was enough to show me the message.
Old 14-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Knower
So after some reading and some contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that if someone feels they have a very old soul it is probably because they have lived multiple universal cycles. The information gathered through each lifetime and thus in each cycle is imprinted upon your soul. Upon the end of each universal cycle our soul goes back to where it first started out after leaving the God Head with the knowledge from all the previous universal cycles imprinted upon it and it begins the whole progression through the dimensions again. Each new universal cycle the soul applys the knowledge gained from the previous cycle and there are slight improvements in the lives which are being repeated. This allow us to progress slightly more efficiently through the dimensions and each time coming closer to our ultimate goal of returning back to God. Most of humanity progress together at the same pace because they entered creation around the same time and therefor have less knowledge although there is a minority who move through the dimensions at a faster pace. These people are the old souls.

I just wanted to clear that up because it is something which I have only just sorted out in my own head and I'd be interested to hear other members opinions/theories too
Old 15-04-2014, 02:14 AM
SpacePilot

Quote:
So after some reading and some contemplation, I have come to the conclusion that if someone feels they have a very old soul it is probably because they have lived multiple universal cycles. The information gathered through each lifetime and thus in each cycle is imprinted upon your soul. Upon the end of each universal cycle our soul goes back to where it first started out after leaving the God Head with the knowledge from all the previous universal cycles imprinted upon it and it begins the whole progression through the dimensions again. Each new universal cycle the soul applys the knowledge gained from the previous cycle and there are slight improvements in the lives which are being repeated. This allow us to progress slightly more efficiently through the dimensions and each time coming closer to our ultimate goal of returning back to God. Most of humanity progress together at the same pace because they entered creation around the same time and therefor have less knowledge although there is a minority who move through the dimensions at a faster pace. These people are the old souls.

I just wanted to clear that up because it is something which I have only just sorted out in my own head and I'd be interested to hear other members opinions/theories too

I'm not too sure what you mean by multiple universal cycles. Do you mean going through more than one universe? If so, I doubt one would really need to live so many lifetimes, but some universes do offer very little opportunity to advance.

As fore Earth, lots of new souls are present here, you got that one right. A whole lot never incarnated anywhere else before. The one thing people often don't know is that on Earth (I should say in Earthling bodies), emotions are much, much more intense than anywhere else, creating an unusually hard challenge that offers the possibility to ascend in very few lifetimes -compared to other places in this universe- for those who can learn fast enough. On other planets, the learning is much less intense, more pleasurable, but takes more lifetimes to achieve.

I believe most old souls have been on other planets or previous Earth civilizations.
Old 15-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacePilot
I'm not too sure what you mean by multiple universal cycles. Do you mean going through more than one universe? If so, I doubt one would really need to live so many lifetimes, but some universes do offer very little opportunity to advance.

Yea, the universe goes through cycles. It dies and is reborn and there are souls who live throughout multiple cycles.
Old 16-04-2014, 02:30 AM
SpacePilot

Quote:
[...]
Also I will address the evolving subject and I'd be interested to hear what other peoples opinions are also:

I believe that sometimes we do things that cause us to move in the wrong direction. We live lives where we move towards negativity and this takes us further from our ultimate goal here on Earth which is to become fully realized. But there is a catch! In order for us to move towards the positive and become fully realized we must experience negativity. You can then see that even in our darkest hour we are still progressing. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum who have had hardships in their current life and who look back on these hard times, glad that they happened as the negativity actually created positive outcomes. As I am sure many people reading this are aware, this is also what is going on with humanity at the current time. The negativity we are experiencing in the World will escellate to the point where the horrors are so extreme, so overwhelming and unbearable that we look up and say "God help us". The negativity will result in the predicted 1000 years of peace for humanity. This 'Golden Age Of Humanity' will never be achieved without the negativity.

We all come from the light and are returning to the light, but to learn to go up, we first must learn to go down.

I had this revelation in a waking dream and confirmed with a spiritual adviser who also can access the Akashic Records.

Quote:
I'd like to share my thoughts on some more points. To do this I wil use Jesus as an example:

Jesus lived 33 incarnations. He became fully realized after that amount of lives here on Earth. Why did he become enlightened at a more accelerated pace than me? If you think of it we were both exact copies of each other when we left the God Head. So why? It is because of the lives Jesus lived. The path he walked in each life led him to enlightenment at the 33 incarnation here on Earth. If it was 'me', as in 'my' soul, that was to have lived the lives he lived I would also become enlightened at exactly the same time. I would make the exact same decisions he made and done exactly the same things he did. So you see, every decision you take in your life, other people saying you should have done this or you should have done that is total ** because they also would make the exact same choice if they had lived all your lives. This in turn enforces the concept that we are all one, we are not walking individual paths but we are all walking our paths interconnected as one.

We are all different and thus need different lessons. For this reason I believe you couldn't live the same lives as Jesus did. Just for argument's sake, let's say we could send you live those lives, I am of the opinion you would make your own choices, not the same as Jesus made. But that's my opinion.

Quote:
Yea, the universe goes through cycles. It dies and is reborn and there are souls who live throughout multiple cycles.

Some souls do go through more than one Universal cycle but, unless one soul only incarnated very seldom, I would personally call that a VERY old soul. I guess we all have different time frame references.

I consider myself an old soul mostly because I know I have been incarnating for longer than the current Earth civilization, manifest a lot of learning from my past lives and I'm definitely more mature in many ways than most people older than me since my teens (I did grow up surrounded by 40 year old people, though).

Then, there would be what I personally call "Ancestral souls"; those who have moved on after plenty of incarnations, but do come back to give us a hand whether it be as an incarnated being or as an immaterial guide. Then there are the ones I call very old souls that still have not learned enough to move on or just like hanging around for fun.

Another thing about universal cycles is that it also gives one a chance to start over with a clean slate and not bring over any past experiences. Some do that on purpose, some just messed up so bad they need it.
Old 16-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

I wish I really knew how long my soul has been around. I'm aware of a few past lives but only a few. I do know my soul has made it's rounds though. I met a guide during a journey and when I asked how long this guide has known me it replied "Millennia" so if that is true my soul has been around for thousands of years. It would be awesome to actually have a list of all of those lives though lol.