Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Bunny Higher Self >I-verse< Lower Self

'All is one' only means all is connected not that there is not heaps of this, that and the other sets of dualistic existence.

There is no soul plane. There is most complex souls ex humans, less complex biological /souls{ RNA-DNA }, viruses and all else{ Fermions and bosons }.

The exists one finite set of occupied space and, one set of macro-infinite non-occupied space, in the most cosmic{ whole set } sense.

We have four primary sets of metaphysical, in most cosmic sense.

Higher references height of altitude or in physics amplitude peak of sine-wave, or higher frequency within period of time.

At best higher self vs lower self can only relate to the individuals level of available energy to output integrating their environment.

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Universe of occupied space is not created ergo there is no one source or even multiple sources for such creation. There exists only initial circumstances for this or that phenomena.
1st law of conservation: naught is created nor lost
Absolute >truth< Relative
Occupied Space >< Non-occupied Space
Spirit >Soul/Biological< Spirit
Gravity >Reality< Dark Energy
r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 18-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Actually that reminds me, we were drinking in this pub one time in Dublin, and i went to the jacks for a leak (marvelous english)lol.
My times in Ireland and Scotland were like the best. Not because of jacks and leaks necessarily, but because it doesn't matter if it was! Thanks Joe, I copied and pasted 'Time is the duration of things that change' in my the Notepad save file I have for such human utterances, sober or otherwise.
Old 18-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Knower

Some more things to think about:

"If you don't know what you don't want, then you don't know what you do want."

"How can there be expansion without contrast?"

"Contrast equals the vibrational point of attraction."

"[negative and positive] even exists in non-physical, but the contrast between it is not so great."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1t5A_ILAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHv-BIdvbIo&t=8m9s
Old 19-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
"How can there be expansion without contrast?"

"Contrast equals the vibrational point of attraction."
Dualism sees expansion and contraction, which is a real and observable phenomenon. The spiritual mind sees this dualism and acknowledges it - it's a physical-material reality after all. The spiritual mind also sees physical-material dualism from a higher spiritual perspective, as the "simple binary of opposition" which Joe shared. So yes to dualism, and yes to transforming dualist thinking and experience into a kind of unity understanding. That's the spiritual self-development path in fact, that entire process.
Old 19-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by William 辰
"If you don't know what you don't want, then you don't know what you do want."
You can only know what you know, from the place and perspective you know.

The problem with religion - and here I'm speaking of any belief path really - is that it's half a philosophy, at best. Imagine you wake up in the morning to find a war has broken out. You step out your door and see two groups of people shooting at each other. You duck and scramble over to one group and ask what's going on. You're told, "They're the bad guys and we're the good guys." So you pick up a rifle and start shooting at the other group.

That's spiritual-religious belief. Studying one aspect of spirit-material reality and accepting that as the truth, while giving no thought or consideration to other, equally valid spirit-material explanations and understandings.
Old 19-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
[...] BUT... getting to that higher-self place in one's understanding, requires seeing, and recognizing, and acknowledging the duality in life, in order to know how to transform it.
Hi Baile,

Agreed. We come in to the world already enmeshed in the ignorant dualistic perception as a given.

That is the starting point - a conditional ignorance which has the potential to realize its true nature.

Quote:
Arguing that duality isn't real, without having any understanding of higher-self awareness, karma, reincarnation, the eternal soul, the purpose of existence, etc., is rather like pounding nails into random boards and assuming that activity will eventually metamorphosis into a house. People want to skip having to study the spiritual blueprints, and just wing it instead.

Also agreed. This is how Neo-Advaita (non-dual) may often resemble a superficial 'born-again' Christianity. iow's The mere mental conceptualization is assumed to be the actual practical realization. So as an example, people talk about how ignorant dualistic perception is "UNREAL" (and granted, there is a long venerated tradition that supports this conceptualization, ironically as an aid to its realization) - however, it is amazing how that 'unreality' pales when one is hungry, sick, or forcefully stubs one's toe on some stationary 'unreal' object in the middle of the night.

~ J
Old 19-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
This is how Neo-Advaita (non-dual) may often resemble a superficial 'born-again' Christianity. iow's The mere mental conceptualization is assumed to be the actual practical realization.
This is exactly the point I was trying to make. I've said before: We all struggle in part because we are just now coming out of a consciousness-development age - the Pisces Age; the age of religion - that taught us and told us what truth is. But we're in the Aquarian Age now, where we're being asked, as individuals and free thinkers, to explore for ourselves what truth is. Yet we still gravitate back to Pisces Age truth-exploration models when we attempt to understand things. It's like a bad consciousness-habit that no longer works for this Age. But we can't let go because that's all we know; it's in our DNA. And this will evolve and transform of course over the next many centuries.
Old 19-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Master
I think the honest realisation of where our history and collective consciousness (social, cultural, economic, instituational) has been (rooted in the prior ages) is necessary in order to transform collectively, along with awareness of interbeing. Acceptance of what is, is a part of healing and transformation.

It of course involves every individual and the expansion of individual and collective consciousness simultaneously. It's (simplistically) like a 12-step program for transforming the collective artifacts that derive from but also inform the individual and collective consciousness.

We need to honour that which we are (and all that has been to this point), as well as to honour that which we aspire to be & which we are currently willing or bringing into being. Through intent, thought, word, and deed.

BTW I am not waiting on anything to transform. Centuries? Hahahaha...the time and place is always now. Granted, few advances in human history evolved in the sense of spontaneously arising without great struggle and myriad conscious actions and choices. But I hope no one feels they must hold up their own growth for society's sake...that sort of self-denial is a form of spiritual torture, IMO.

Perhaps (and hopefully) if the mass of humanity come to a much higher level of consciousness, then we will see those conscious choices much more deeply aligned to Spirit and the highest good of all. And at that time, it may be that evolution happens with less resistance and thus seemingly will be naturally arising. But at the root of all conscious awareness, conscious choices (even if habituated), and right alignment with Spirit ever remain. That is the bliss, after all...the continual choosing to align with who we are at centre

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 19-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
BTW I am not waiting on anything to transform. Centuries? Hahahaha...the time and place is always now. Granted, few advances in human history evolved in the sense of spontaneously arising without great struggle and myriad conscious actions and choices. But I hope no one feels they must hold up their own growth for society's sake...that sort of self-denial is a form of spiritual torture, IMO.
How is you think human consciousness evolves? If not over centuries and millennia, how then? We have just left the age where religion guided humanity. That age evolved over thousands of years. Read the Old Testiment to catch a glimpse of how humanity used to relate to Spirit; we don't sacrifice goats anymore. And now we're entering an age where our consciousness and spirit understanding is undergoing a shift. And that will take centuries as well. We'll probably see it in the next few decades, starting with churches closing and so forth. Because people will stop going. There are too many people waking up now to sustain these old Pisces Age institutions.

And I'm certainly not talking about holding back one's individual growth, I don't understand where that comment is coming from. I'm pointing out that people wake up at their own pace. It is a process that will take lifetimes for many people. Most won't be waking up in this lifetime anyway. So either decades and decades, or even centuries, yes.
Old 20-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
we're "out of time", it's all over and done with.
the long count marked it's endpoint, and that was in 2012.
we're in 5D reality, though many (most?) are unaware of the fact.
the fourth dimension is/was "unstable", so no one can set up
house there (it's for transitioning only).