Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 27-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Master
People don't realize that Religion exists because of the greater reality of the Spirit.

Ego is inherent, it contrasts the spiritual ideals and greater reality. Because Ego is inherent in this organic aspect, in time and space, it pervades everything, including Religion.
It is about self, and self concerns and self involvement.
It is about subjectivity, rather than objectivity.

Apart from this world and body within time and space, one becomes totally objective in their understanding and realization. The Light is about objectivity apart from this organic aspect, which no longer exists when apart from.

Many people may be aghast at their lifestyle and viewpoints that they had in the world, when they find themselves in the objectivty of Light of God, Who we are always a part of. Though many are not aware.

"In Whom we live and breath and have our being."

"Unless we are stripped of all egoistic tendencies and desires, and unless our soul attains its original naked state, we cannot embrace God the Beloved who is eternally naked inHis infinity." Meher Baba"...
You must be born again" (Jesus)

"Just as people are so caught up with the daily nonsense of the earth that they rarely realize that the Sun is the main thing here, so they forget the fact that the soul is the origin of everything that they are and experience."

From: StarCenter Advanced Heliocentric Galactic Astrology

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Sumo

This is how I feel. Spirituality is far beyond religions. Religions divide people. Spirituality brings balance and peace to peoples' lives. Ones I was a very religious person. But not anymore. I respect all beliefs but for some reason I don't want to limit myself to one religion as I want to be free.
Old 28-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Master

'Spiritual but not religious' sounds like something a society would say that has a large gap between the secular and religious. Such that even the word 'religion' becomes slander. It's a shame we're so divided that we have to do that.

The idea that 'spiritual' is good and 'religion' is bad is hilarious! How 'spiritual' could a person actually be who thinks that way? It's so self righteous and bigoted LOL But it's SUPER popular so I'll get slammed for saying this.

I hardly know anything about real life in my cozy plastic American fantasy world, much less spirituality and religion.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Newbie ;)

There are always intersections between the two. A very good example is the tradition of Christian mysticism.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:41 AM
spiritsofthewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
'Spiritual but not religious' sounds like something a society would say that has a large gap between the secular and religious. Such that even the word 'religion' becomes slander. It's a shame we're so divided that we have to do that.

The idea that 'spiritual' is good and 'religion' is bad is hilarious! How 'spiritual' could a person actually be who thinks that way? It's so self righteous and bigoted LOL But it's SUPER popular so I'll get slammed for saying this.

I hardly know anything about real life in my cozy plastic American fantasy world, much less spirituality and religion.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've never thought or said that being religious is a bad thing. I would be apart of one, if there was one that suits my spiritual needs, but there isn't. If you've found a religion that is right for you, thats great. In my opinion, having a religion just helps you to find like-minded people like you, and I think that is great for your spiritual development to have someone to talk and share things with.
Old 18-11-2013, 05:48 AM
Spiritual Healer

It is not necessary to got to church and pray to god. If you really believe in God than you can be connect with him by the medium of your soul. It is a better way for all time attachment. There is no need to prove atheist of yourself to others.

I am really satisfied with Undomiel words that there is lot of means of spirituality as your mother taught you. Spiritual knowledge only gives you a defined path to get success in life, you can know about what you are, you can relief from your all stress and get positive energy by this. I got more about spirituality from your words and my guru Shri. Chamunda Swami Ji. He is a spiritual healer in Hicks Ville. His web address is chamundaswamiji.com
Old 18-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsofthewolf
I don't know about everyone else, but I've never thought or said that being religious is a bad thing. I would be apart of one, if there was one that suits my spiritual needs, but there isn't. If you've found a religion that is right for you, thats great. In my opinion, having a religion just helps you to find like-minded people like you, and I think that is great for your spiritual development to have someone to talk and share things with.
Putting down religion seems to be the mantra around here, but I'm glad to hear you are different. :-) Your religion is just what your spiritual beliefs are, so really they're just putting themselves down.
Old 18-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Master

I wish I was more religious.

(says I late to the debate).

I used to be very religious, I had a framework full of rigour, discipline, structure that kept me on line and in a direction.

We are worldly beings and we need to stay in the world, it's easy to get caught up in spirituality and lose the focus.

Do I meditate appropriately, eat wholesomely, live in the present, keep myself shielded and grounded? NO.

A sobering thread for me to get my act together.
Old 18-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Master

We will all survive 'death' no matter what religion we do or do not follow.

The various faiths are like the branches of a tree. Each has its place.
But at the end of the day...

'It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness, that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth.
Service is the coin of the spirit.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I wish I was more religious.
Me too, things go a lot better when I practice my religion (spiritual beliefs). It's a good motivation though, and the only one I have personally.