Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 31-10-2018, 06:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Shivani Ji,

Update:

I am about to complete the Svetasvatara Upanishad and I got to learn so many new things from it. Patanjali Yoga Sutra is about to be completed as well(the last chapter is remaining.).

Also wrote the first chapter of our book. The chapter is almost complete and I only have just one question that I wanted to ask Shiv Ji when I have the opportunity next time. Only one question and the chapter will be complete.

P.S. The question is about spirituality only, nothing wrong or secret information.
If you have a question, would you kindly ask it? LOL

I haven't "been myself" lately, but not knowing who else I could be, has placed me in a conundrum. So if I am off "grounding myself" and don't reply to you immediately, please understand.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
If you have a question, would you kindly ask it? LOL

I haven't "been myself" lately, but not knowing who else I could be, has placed me in a conundrum. So if I am off "grounding myself" and don't reply to you immediately, please understand.

Thank you so much.

Please take your time in getting this question answered from Shiv Ji, I'll wait very patiently.

It is said that "Thoughts are Things".

Albert Einstein said that "Things should be made simple but not simpler than that."

The statement that "thoughts are things" is a gross over-simplification and misses many important points.

I intend to make an ALL-inclusive-theory about ALL the ways in which the thingness of thoughts manifests.

Here is my first attempt at making the ALL-inclusive-theory:

For the purposes of our inquiry, we must hold that a thought is any mental state, or mental activity, including those of the intellect, feelings, emotions, will, desire, imagination or memory—all mental states, in fact.

The “thingness” of thoughts manifests in a number of ways, the principal of which may be grouped into the following four classes of manifestation:

I. Manifestation in the direction of creating character and personality—both inward character, and outward expression of personality. We create our own character and personality by the thoughts we originate, harbor, entertain, or accept from others. We are, each of us, the result of what we have thought in the past; we will be the result of what we are now thinking. Our todays are the result of our past thinking; our tomorrows will be the result of our present thinking. We have been our own mental parents, and we will be our own mental children.

II. Manifestation in the direction of the materialization of our ideals, good or bad, into objective and concrete existence. Thoughts are mental Things, and tend to become material Things. The Ideal becomes Real. Our dreams come true. Our desires are seed-thoughts that have a tendency to sprout, and grow, and blossom, and bear fruit—and the blossom and the fruit are of the same nature as the seed-thought. We are sowing these seeds every day—are we prepared to accept the perfume of the blossom, and taste the meat of the fruit?

III. Manifestation in the direction of drawing to ourselves the persons, things, and environments in harmony with, and conducive to, the character of our desires, mental images, feelings, and ideals; or, else, in urging and leading us in the direction of these persons, things and environments in harmony with our thoughts. Just as the vibration of a particular atom attracts to it another atom the vibrations of which are in harmonious rhythm with it; or, else urges the first atom toward the other; or both; so do the vibrations of our thoughts exert an urge and attraction upon us, and upon others in harmony with our vibrations. Each thought seeks its own kind. Birds of a feather flock together. Oil and water will not mix. The law of atomic affinity is paralleled by the law of mental attraction.

IV. Manifestation in the direction of vibratory waves radiating in all directions, influencing those in harmony therewith, just as we are influenced by the thought-waves of others with which we are in harmony. Mental currents are just as real as are currents of light, heat, electricity, or magnetism. Flowing out in all directions, often at the greatest distance from their creators, they exert an effect upon all within their field of influence, but only in so far as those persons bear a harmonious relation to “Thoughts are Things” the thoughts. Each kind of thought has its own rate, degree, and character of vibration. There are shades and degrees of harmony and inharmony between these rates of vibration, just as there are in music. We attract our own kind of thoughtwaves to us; we repel our opposites. Like the Marconi wireless telegraphic instruments, we receive only those messages with which we are in tune. We have the right, and the power, to establish our own rhythmic tune. Consciously or unconsciously we are establishing our rhythmic rate, and are attracting to us that which is in harmony therewith. We are establishing mental connections with others of our own mental kind. Are we selecting mental company worthy of ourselves, and conducive to advancement, power, and betterment? That is a question that each must answer for one’s self. Surely it is an important one.

My question is, my lord Shiv Ji, is the above theory right and ALL-inclusive? What important thing/phenomenon/concept did I miss?

Shivani ji I supposed that Shiv ji will be able to read the very big theory without you needing to tell it to him line by line. But if it is a problem that the theory is too big because you would need to communicate to him directly then please let me know I'll shorten the theory very much.

Last edited by captainamerica : 01-11-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you so much.

Please take your time in getting this question answered from Shiv Ji, I'll wait very patiently.

It is said that "Thoughts are Things".

Albert Einstein said that "Things should be made simple but not simpler than that."

The statement that "thoughts are things" is a gross over-simplification and misses many important points.

I intend to make an ALL-inclusive-theory about ALL the ways in which the thingness of thoughts manifests.

Here is my first attempt at making the ALL-inclusive-theory:

For the purposes of our inquiry, we must hold that a thought is any mental state, or mental activity, including those of the intellect, feelings, emotions, will, desire, imagination or memory—all mental states, in fact.

The “thingness” of thoughts manifests in a number of ways, the principal of which may be grouped into the following four classes of manifestation, viz:

I. Manifestation in the direction of creating character and personality—both inward character, and outward expression of personality. We create our own character and personality by the thoughts we originate, harbor, entertain, or accept from Thoughts are Things 6 others. We are, each of us, the result of what we have thought in the past; we will be the result of what we are now thinking. Our todays are the result of our past thinking; our tomorrows will be the result of our present thinking. We have been our own mental parents, and we will be our own mental children.

II. Manifestation in the direction of the materialization of our ideals, good or bad, into objective and concrete existence. Thoughts are mental Things, and tend to become material Things. The Ideal becomes Real. Our dreams come true. Our desires are seed-thoughts that have a tendency to sprout, and grow, and blossom, and bear fruit—and the blossom and the fruit are of the same nature as the seed-thought. We are sowing these seeds every day—are we prepared to accept the perfume of the blossom, and taste the meat of the fruit?

III. Manifestation in the direction of drawing to ourselves the persons, things, and environments in harmony with, and conducive to, the character of our desires, mental images, feelings, and ideals; or, else, in urging and leading us in the direction of these persons, things and environments in harmony with our thoughts. Just as the vibration of a particular atom attracts to it another atom the vibrations of which are in harmonious rhythm with it; or, else urges the first atom toward the other; or both; so do the vibrations of our thoughts exert an urge and attraction upon us, and upon others in harmony with our vibrations. Each thought seeks its own kind. Birds of a feather flock together. Oil and water will not mix. The law of atomic affinity is paralleled by the law of mental attraction.

IV. Manifestation in the direction of vibratory waves radiating in all directions, influencing those in harmony therewith, just as we are influenced by the thought-waves of others with which we are in harmony. Mental currents are just as real as are currents of light, heat, electricity, or magnetism. Flowing out in all directions, often at the greatest distance from their creators, they exert an effect upon all within their field of influence, but only in so far as those persons bear a harmonious relation to “Thoughts are Things” the thoughts. Each kind of thought has its own rate, degree, and character of vibration. There are shades and degrees of harmony and inharmony between these rates of vibration, just as there are in music. We attract our own kind of thoughtwaves to us; we repel our opposites. Like the Marconi wireless telegraphic instruments, we receive only those messages with which we are in tune. We have the right, and the power, to establish our own rhythmic tune. Consciously or unconsciously we are establishing our rhythmic rate, and are attracting to us that which is in harmony therewith. We are establishing mental connections with others of our own mental kind. Are we selecting mental company worthy of ourselves, and conducive to advancement, power, and betterment? That is a question that each must answer for one’s self. Surely it is an important one.

My question is, my lord Shiv Ji, is the above theory right and ALL-inclusive?What important thing/phenomenon/concept did I miss?

Shivani ji I supposed that Shiv ji will be able to read my very big theory without you needing to tell it to him line by line,but if it is a problem that my theory is too big then please let me know I'll shorten the theory very much.

Why would you want to ' Shorten the theory ' ?
It's not yours to shorten, just read the Book, take what you want from it and leave the rest for others CA...
Old 01-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why would you want to ' Shorten the theory ' ?
It's not yours to shorten, just read the Book, take what you want from it and leave the rest for others CA...

sky123, I've created a better theory, way better than the above.

I'll send you a link to it once our book is completed.Let me know if you too consider my theory to be better than the above.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Master
Just as one picture is worth more than a thousand words of theory ...

One glimpse of the divine within is illuminating, even at its periphery

Good luck with the book! A breeze, if you feel it, know it, be it! :)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Just as one picture is worth more than a thousand words of theory ...

One glimpse of the divine within is illuminating, even at its periphery

Good luck with the book! A breeze, if you feel it, know it, be it! :)
Nicely said.

The reason why Captain needs to simplify the question, is that it becomes totally lost in a wall of text and I completely lose sight of the original question that is asked, so I cannot put it to my Higher Self...and this is yet another perfect example of that...I asked him to keep the questions simple and basic at the start of this thread or else, by the time I have read through all of it, my brain starts hurting too much to ask anything.

Also, the Law of Attraction is my spiritual "archilles heel" and I don't know if captain knows that or not. It is just a difficult concept that I have a very hard time swallowing myself.

All I know about it (which has been Divinely reinforced) is that it is our subconscious mind which is responsible for manifesting and creating our reality and not the conscious mind whatsoever...and having a psychosomatic illness, as I do...I have often asked doctors: "if all of my symptoms are happening as the result of my mind, can't I just think that it will go away and it will?" I mean, I have tried that...and it doesn't work and that is when the doctors have said "it is your subconscious mind that is creating your illness...not your conscious mind" and so, this is where meditation and yoga Nidra helps...but my subconscious mind is as stubborn as all get-out and trying to control that, is like trying to place a harness on a runaway elephant.

Thoughts can influence the subconscious mind, mantras and affirmations can influence it, but only through so many repetitions that the chanting of it becomes subconscious and that means that even if "thoughts are things", those things need to be quietened and stilled to access the subconscious mind..So even if we "create our own reality" we're not really consciously aware of doing so...and my conversion disorder goes "yep, spot on".

So, two days ago, I went back on Lexapro (escalitopram) for my anxiety and depression...The tablets are great and they help ( after taking them for a month or two) but the problem is, they cause incredible nausea, fatigue and brain fogginess and that cannot be avoided or escaped. I go into "simple mode" because I get way too sick to try and contend with issues that I don't really believe in myself.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Shivani ji,

Ahhh ,sorry.

I will simplify the theory to just a few lines instead of a wall of text now.

Thanks for being patient with me
Old 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Shivani ji,

Ahhh ,sorry.

I will simplify the theory to just a few lines instead of a wall of text now.

Thanks for being patient with me
Likewise...Thank you for being patient with me also...You know the side effects of psych meds, so you can relate no doubt.

As I was making my dinner, completely engrossed in that task, something did come through..

Remember the story about how Shiva Ratri happened?

Well, the hunter was sitting in that bilva tree on a dark, freezing, moonless night..He was tired, hungry and suffering from the effects of hypothermia...He caught no game that day, so he went hungry...

As he was sitting atop that tree shivering, trying to stay awake so he wouldn't fall out of the tree, he started picking and dropping leaves onto an old Shiva Lingam at the base.

Now, his conscious mind was not aware of the fact there was a Shiva Lingam down there, but his subconscious mind knew it.

As he was dropping the bilva leaves down, he started shivering uncontrollably, going "Shiv...Shiv...Shiv...Shiv...". Now, he was not consciously aware of chanting the Lord's name, but his subconscious mind knew that he was doing it.

His fast for the day was totally unintentional, he would have eaten if he shot that deer, but he let it go because he felt immense compassion for it...Now his conscious mind wanted to kill it and eat it, but his subconscious mind had other plans..

Is it any wonder that Lord Shiva showed up anyway, giving him darshan and granting him a boon?

This tale goes to illustrate the power of the subconscious, and how all conscious activity doesn't really matter unless it becomes ingrained at a much deeper level.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 01-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Likewise...Thank you for being patient with me also...You know the side effects of psych meds, so you can relate no doubt.

As I was making my dinner, completely engrossed in that task, something did come through..

Remember the story about how Shiva Ratri happened?

Well, the hunter was sitting in that bilva tree on a dark, freezing moonless night..He was tired, hungry and suffering the effects of hypothermia...He caught no game that day, so went hungry...

As he was sitting atop that tree shivering, trying to stay awake so he wouldn't fall out of the tree, he started picking and dropping leaves onto an old Shiva Lingam at the base.

Now, his conscious mind was not aware of the fact there was a Shiva Lingam down there, but his subconscious mind knew it.

As he was dropping the bilva leaves down, he started shivering uncontrollably, going "Shiv...Shiv...Shiv...Shiv...". Now, he was not consciously aware of chanting the Lord's name, but his subconscious mind knew that he was doing it.

His fast for the day was totally unintentional, he would have eaten if he shot that deer, but he let it go because he felt immense compassion for it...Now his conscious mind wanted to kill it and eat it, but his subconscious mind had other plans..

Is it any wonder that Lord Shiva showed up anyway, giving him darshan and granting him a boon?

This tale goes to illustrate the power of the subconscious, and how all conscious activity doesn't really matter unless it becomes ingrained at a much deeper level.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Very nice story!

I have heard it before but did not knew it from the subconscious mind's perspective so thanks a lot for sharing it!

My heart is getting very thirsty, I want to hear "I love you too Captain" from Krishna ji but have no way to do so.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Deactivated Account

Shivani Ji,

I'll type here the theory again, very briefly, soon.

Sorry for the wait, I am trying to make sure that I do not lose the gist of the theory.

Quote:
So, two days ago, I went back on Lexapro (escalitopram) for my anxiety and depression...The tablets are great and they help ( after taking them for a month or two) but the problem is, they cause incredible nausea, fatigue and brain fogginess and that cannot be avoided or escaped. I go into "simple mode" because I get way too sick to try and contend with issues that I don't really believe in myself.
Sorry about your problems,may I suggest that you focus on your breathing.It really helps me deal with such symptoms.

Last edited by captainamerica : 01-11-2018 at 04:46 PM.