Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Frankly, I don't buy it, so I won't be playing the role you require to validate that position, and am therefore unable to fulfill your hopes.

Ahhh... we cannot not be positioned ;)
Even silence demonstrates a position taken. And even though you did not buy into the discursive narrative, you took a position, one of defence.

Love it!!! Thanks for starting a thread that provides giggles for egotistical intellects such as myself. Actually I'm not an intellect, just egotistical.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Master
Thread is down to a 3* rating ha!...some folk obviously think this nonsense label refers to them...perhaps they know it inside and resent it being pointed out? That's a side guess, could be loadsa reasons why. Nonsense refers to me and it's quite freeing to know your stupidity. Folk should try it...it makes it hard to hurt someone by implying they're a bit rubbish when they already know it. Kinda like an I know i'm c rap invincibility cape . Assumed intelligence looks so obvious and fake...on me too.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's become a real life thing where if 'love' is said as a platitude, that's how it's understood. Not against it, but the real meaning of it. The other thing is the advice, people don't know what I do and they don't care what I do, so what does it really mean when it's suggested I might do x,y and z. I might already be doing those things and more, but what I do isn't a concern, and it's not of any interest at all.

It's not meant to be comfortable, and when people get on my case with accusations, am I then to shut up and regulate my behaviours and be controlled under a demand to conform to the comfort zone of spiritual conventions?

In regards to you post, this doesn't mean shut up or speak as you are commanded to, on the contrary, it means speak up and say what you really mean.

Well here's a new one for the list...

"You don't have to be like you are you know" = passive aggressive negative inference, thinly disguised as help from on high. In this scenario, what is actually being seen as negative is not actually revealed. Therefore, the subject of the passive aggression is kept from offering an alternative view, and gullible on-lookers buy into the idea that the aggressor is seeing something negative that they have missed.

When followed with... " well It's just an observation", the passive aggressive person seems absolved of any responsibility for acting upon such a judgemental perspective of others... it is like saying: "I don't judge the lesser people, I merely observe how much lesser they are"
Old 02-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You quote one instance where I have said to anyone to do this or that. You won't be able to, because I don't assume authority. I'm aware of my power, but won't find a single instance where I have told anyone what they should or shouldn't do. In fact, you will find that I often talk to people about what they are doing themselves, but then the experts come along as say do this and do that. These people don't care about what a person is doing for themselves. They only want people to do as they suggest. Look more carefully and see for yourself who assumes the authority and tells people what to do.

Humility. You are useing this as a ruse to attempt to diminish me, but again, please provide a single example where I make claim to high experiences and promote myself by proclaiming godly encounters or trying to present myself by saying I did so many years of meditation or where I use famed spiritual teachers to prop up my fallacious idiocy. You wont find anything at all self aggrandising or otherwise indicative of that kind of egomania, and again, look for yourself at who does it.

You'll be surprised that the nicest people engage in these types of things.

The only reason people cast these assertions on me is in order to diminish me because I am not part of this ludicrous hierarchy where one is a guide and instructor and the other is made pathetic and obedient. I'm not a master or a minion and have no place on the status quo, but people (including you it seems) want to put me somewhere. You think I'm asserting a position of authority, but I'm explaining this to you; I will NOT be put in a place - That is assertive, not authoritative, and you are mistaking one for the other.
'Authoritarian' was perhaps too strong. You do seem very sure of yourself, and are quick to dismiss other people's points of view as nonsense, though.

Beyond that - sorry, I don't really know where you're coming from with this thread, and I'm not going to engage any further, because I don't understand and can't be bothered. Shouldn't have replied in the first place, tbh, but I can't undo it now - my apologies.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yea, the insulted ones are prone to getting out their guns and spraying bullets around over a little bit of tongue in cheek about their sacred cows... and there I was thinking it was humorous... but then I thought, dang, not so funny now, is it.

I think this is the dilemma/reaction some may face when using humor. I feel many comedians, humorous, and satirists have and do face someone being offended, at times. (just a guess here).

In this form of communication it seems even more difficult to convey humor, at times, and to gauge how something may be taken. People seem to think there is something between the lines. At times maybe true and at other times it is exactly as presented.

Guess, it comes down to how someone choose to interpret it and how personal it is taken.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Octy

Eeeehehe... felt this was apt. A simple 'how to'

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Humor-As-a-Defense-Mechanism
Old 02-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Master
It's all nonsense until someone finds a grain of truth in some random thing you said. Then its beautiful.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Master
I was kinda thinking about this nonsense stuff this morning and I think was from going to meditate yesterday and within minutes having a burst of sound from a radio in the park across the way being heard. It was Stevie Wonder Superstition "... if you believe in things that you don't understand you suffer..." and it was like someone mistakenly turned up the volume then quickly turned it down.

I mean I know certain stuff happens when I do certain things and I can rely on that within reason but I don't really understand stuff and in that respect I can kinda get how believing in stuff you think you understand is problematic as in defining that you most probably understand something and then by believing in it it gives it this big nudge towards surety which then makes people feel more secure about this thing called life.

And I could go on for ages but what kinda welled up was this idea that nonsense, and being familiar with it, might become the new black in regard to spirituality... but not as black evil etc, but in a fashion sense, and what occured to me is that nonsense is not to be taken lightly... even though it is.

It's like you can climb to the top of the mountain and say "That was a fine bit of nonsense" but you can't stand at the bottom and declare "Climbing this mountain would be nonsense" and you can't get half way up and state "To carry on with this would be nonsense." Well, you can, and many people do, but I think even nonsense itself, if it were a thing, would support giving it your all before being able to use it in the way nonsense itself might want itself used.

And the parlance of the Mountain climbers always finds it's way to the non-mountain climbers as a passed around badge within the commerce of the own now pay later brigade and as regards nonsense... being nonsensical is not something to be played with.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Master
You also got those who claim ignorance just to make themselves sound wise or spiritual. They say "they don't know anything" (or something along those lines) yet they are often the first to make accusations about people they know nothing about. They think they are ahead of the game by claiming their ignorance when really they are on the same level as those who don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
It's all nonsense until someone finds a grain of truth in some random thing you said. Then its beautiful.

Or tragic.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
I think this is the dilemma/reaction some may face when using humor. I feel many comedians, humorous, and satirists have and do face someone being offended, at times. (just a guess here).

I was referring to the Charlie Hebdo thing really... but some few people do take themselves (their beliefs) pretty sewiousry.

Quote:
In this form of communication it seems even more difficult to convey humor, at times, and to gauge how something may be taken. People seem to think there is something between the lines. At times maybe true and at other times it is exactly as presented.

I think it's funny because it's true and a lot of comedy is like that.

Quote:
Guess, it comes down to how someone choose to interpret it and how personal it is taken.

It's really a very light bit of tongue in cheek, but delivered on that line where some would have a laugh and some would be offended, which is perfect, I think.