Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 30-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Master
Keepers of the Light Oracle cards

And there we have it again...I fell for a deck
Worst time ever financially speaking, but dang it really moves me! And I needed something like that. Even Lady Portia is on it.
Checked Ebay to buy it, found a good deal from the UK, but would take 1-2 weeks to arrive. I haven't the patience.
Dutch version of Amazon has it for a good price as well, and now I'll have it ... tomorrow! Yippie!! I can't wait!

And now I should bury myself indoors, and steer clear from any online shop, lol. I'm gonna go bankrupt soon, got a huge dental bill yet to be paid, need both my passport and driver's license renewed which will also cost me an arm and a leg.
But... I'll have my cards, lol.
Old 30-03-2018, 05:59 PM
55Degrees

You're not safe to be left unsupervised
Old 30-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Master
I know exactly how you feel. Just spent the past hour looking at decks online with two in the shopping cart ...

They'll sit there for a while so hopefully I'll see sense and not actually buy them.
Old 30-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
You're not safe to be left unsupervised
Totally right! And I ain't gonna ask you to help me out, because I fear when it comes to card decks you are much much worse than I am
But I admit I am bad in general. Shopping is too much fun. I'm the kind of person who quits smoking, calculates how much money I will safe that year, then spend that money right away on things I like.
Problem is -and you prolly smell it coming from a mile away-, I begin smoking again after 1 day. Or after 3 hours.
It is VERY expensive for me to quit smoking!
Old 30-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
I know exactly how you feel. Just spent the past hour looking at decks online with two in the shopping cart ...

They'll sit there for a while so hopefully I'll see sense and not actually buy them.
Have a real good look at the images. Maybe there's Photoshopped faces in there, that will put you right off, lol.
Not that that worked for me, I just found myself another deck, grin.

Good luck with not buying, Pandora, haha.

Old 30-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Master
Hahahaha! I have the same problem. Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

One of the decks I was looking at was Mystical Manga (I think that's how you spell it) with a thick booklet from Barbara Moore. It looked really interesting, but I'm not sure (even looking on the internet) if the artwork is "proper" or not. It's not normally the type of deck I would be drawn to, but it was quite different. Anyway, it's out of stock, thank goodness, so it'll give me time to think about it. Quite often I pile up all the decks in the shopping cart, but then over the next week, change my mind and start deleting them.
Old 30-03-2018, 09:58 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Totally right! And I ain't gonna ask you to help me out, because I fear when it comes to card decks you are much much worse than I am
But I admit I am bad in general. Shopping is too much fun. I'm the kind of person who quits smoking, calculates how much money I will safe that year, then spend that money right away on things I like.
Problem is -and you prolly smell it coming from a mile away-, I begin smoking again after 1 day. Or after 3 hours.
It is VERY expensive for me to quit smoking!

Me!!!!!! A bad influence?
I've been very good this year I haven't bought a single deck.......yet.

There is only one deck on my wishlist (which I'm still trying to justify the price of) and have backed an indie deck due out this later this year.
I have actually started downsizing my collection (oracle decks to begin with) and I'm finding it quite cathartic.
And yeah, I feel you on the quitting smoking. I don't drink alcohol, I'm vegan, but the smoking........it's hard.
Old 30-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Me!!!!!! A bad influence?
I've been very good this year I haven't bought a single deck.......yet.

There is only one deck on my wishlist (which I'm still trying to justify the price of) and have backed an indie deck due out this later this year.
I have actually started downsizing my collection (oracle decks to begin with) and I'm finding it quite cathartic.
And yeah, I feel you on the quitting smoking. I don't drink alcohol, I'm vegan, but the smoking........it's hard.

Yep, we must be 3 in a pod. I've decided to cut back on the alcohol, which isn't a problem but smoking. Now that's another story ...
Old 30-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Master
Alcohol doesn't interest me, never has. I do have a drink occasionally, but I'm a lightweight. I could likely get drunk on alcohol-free beer, haha.
But yes, smoking...
I have to cut back as I have a gig on King's day (April 27th) and with the amount I smoke it's going to be difficult. And I don't only sing a few songs, I am also the presenter of the gig. Not that much strain one would think, it's not like I am singing the entire evening. But when you are a smoker even a few songs is hard work, lol. Smoking affects the vocal chords real bad. Normally I begin cutting back 6 weeks prior (and then I still feel it). This year I have failed at it, had too much stress... and only 4 more weeks to go
Old 31-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Master
I love this deck!
The only thing I had not expected... the coating on the back of two cards is damaged. A chip missing of almost 1 cm in length. I'm not pleased, as I suspect this to get worse when I use the deck. They came in like this. On the front of two other cards the coating isn't smooth. Now I could live with that, but the bits missing... I think if I'd rub my finger over it, I can pick up the plastic and peel it off entirely.
So I think I'm going to return it and ask for another deck as I do like it. A lot! A helluva lot, haha.