Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-11-2014, 04:44 AM
yumi14

Importance of preparing for death while still living

Like most people, I was raised to never talk about death nor the afterlife. Its almost taboo of a subject to discuss. Family and friends pass on. They are buried, but never forgotten. Yet, nobody really seems too curious about their afterlife beyond the concept that they are in a better place now.

I've awakened to realizing how important preparing for death while still being alive really is.

Its important to explore, to understand, to prepare , to have some sort of a knowledge of what possibly to expect. To work out ones beliefs and make peace with them. To toss out old rigid beliefs if it is necessary. To expand on the understanding of what consciousness really is. What the soul really is. The purpose of living and the soul's evolvement, to repent fully and acknowledge the life lessons as being learned, etc......the list can go on and on....

I think most of the population sadly overlook the importance of it, beyond the concepts of heaven, hell, purgatory, religious beliefs, etc... there's so much information out there to explore and expand knowledge and understanding with and broaden horizons with.

I think most of us on this forum are very much conscious of the importance. I just appreciate so much being here and learning and growing as I go. Most days I learn something new and I love embracing that so much. You all help...so thank you
Old 24-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Yes I agree, we start to die at the time of birth, just at different stages, the cells and everything else is dying all the time within our body. But at the same time we need to focus on our life, here and now, but knowing that death is waiting, if we live our life totally, then when death arrives we will see it as a friend, a time to rejoice, for we can never die anyway, so why make a big deal out of it.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Master
True, one should not fear death. It is as natural as breathing.
Old 24-11-2014, 08:24 AM
eileen rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Like most people, I was raised to never talk about death nor the afterlife. Its almost taboo of a subject to discuss. Family and friends pass on. They are buried, but never forgotten. Yet, nobody really seems too curious about their afterlife beyond the concept that they are in a better place now.

I've awakened to realizing how important preparing for death while still being alive really is.

Its important to explore, to understand, to prepare , to have some sort of a knowledge of what possibly to expect. To work out ones beliefs and make peace with them. To toss out old rigid beliefs if it is necessary. To expand on the understanding of what consciousness really is. What the soul really is. The purpose of living and the soul's evolvement, to repent fully and acknowledge the life lessons as being learned, etc......the list can go on and on....

I think most of the population sadly overlook the importance of it, beyond the concepts of heaven, hell, purgatory, religious beliefs, etc... there's so much information out there to explore and expand knowledge and understanding with and broaden horizons with.

FAcing circumstances outside of my control, I've faced deadly situations quite often recently. I mean I could go at any time, and yet, I could live still awhile. I have no control about when or where, something bad could happen to me (when do we really). Just due to a condition, I have.

I have had to learn to talk to God, in order to deal with the intensity of my feelings. As fear and terror, emerge, from my thoughts, rather than acceptance or understanding.

I am very excellent at clearing my own karma. But facing deadly situations takes its tool on one's outlook on life. It is wearing to keep facing a situation, I am powerless over.

And there is always the little idea I have, that we suffer needlessly. That perhaps suffering about dying is just one burden too many to carry.

Hence the battle of wits between god and man continues....eons after our lost of Eden.
Old 24-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Master

I agree with this completely. We have the chance now to progress and to raise our vibrations. I am realizing more and more as I read books and get messages from the other side, that we leave the earth with all our issues and even our diseases, ,and its not as easy to progress once out of our body.
Old 24-11-2014, 10:48 AM
fatimataybia46

It's important

It's important to talk about death. I don't agree with the belief that no to talk about it.
Old 24-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Knower
Try not to think of it as death, for it is the release of our soul back to where we belong
Old 24-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Knower
Since we are able to discuss death and dying that makes it a life giving opportunity to face the unknown, and unknowing.

We can start in this very present moment of awareness to bring in the past and future and use silence as the key to unlocking the gate.
Old 24-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Gryneos

I have to wonder if anyone actually fears death. My take on it is that we don't want to leave this life because we love it so much. It may not be a "perfect" life, but it's at least a fun life. Why do y'all think we keep coming back to physical existence?
Old 24-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Master
If we are on the right path our guides are preparing us for death nightly while in dream state.