Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-02-2024, 06:30 AM
Master

WhiteWarrior. Why don’t you go straight to the Edgar Cayce website instead of you tube. I’m sure you will find your answer there, if not, you could email them and ask them yourself.
Old 26-02-2024, 11:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
WhiteWarrior. Why don’t you go straight to the Edgar Cayce website instead of you tube. I’m sure you will find your answer there, if not, you could email them and ask them yourself.

The EC website is a pay website. Their videos and readings material are behind a pay wall. I think they would want me to subscribe rather than hand out informtion to just anyone. Annoying as Youtube can be, they are free.

I am however currently downloading lots of sound files from that megaarchive mentioned earlier. It will take me quite some time to listen through it so I'll get back on that later.

----

The next thing is a bit different. Cayce was a medium but he was also, from childhood, a devout christian. This is a background he shares with other well known mediums, including the best known medium of my own country. Cayce was eager to interpret his own and other people's readings so they would not conflict with the bible, and all his work was careful not to be critical of any religion or church. All this according to the Wiki article. I can also see that a considerable part of the sound files I am downloading have christian themes.

I don't see this as a problem. The time is long gone when independent thinkers were put to the fire, and both Cayce and my countryman were embraced by the churches they belonged to. What I an curious about this time, is how a christian background can help a person develop their spirituality. Clearly most church goers don't stray far from the official christian message so it can't be said to be a natural propellant. But is it a natural step on the path? And here I am not just talking about christianity. Will studying ANY religion be helpful toward developing spirituality? I am divided here, on saying spirituality as a mindset or saying spirituality as developing spiritual talents, it might be just a linguistic issue.
Old 26-02-2024, 12:56 PM
Master

WhiteW. Oh I didn’t know that you had to pay now. You never used to.

Check out the books that are available on Amazon. Last time I looked there were loads of them. I’ve also managed to request some of his books via the library system. So that might be another thing you could look into.

The two books i mentioned a few comments back are probably two of the best resources you could have.
Old 28-02-2024, 12:37 PM
Master

I'm still working with Cayce but it is getting harder since much of the available stuff is on audio and buried within commentaries.

This is a Brian Scott commentary; "Edgar Cayce - Listening to your intuition, the channel of your guardian angel". 45 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ftzc8KPKo

My hearing is reduced, I may have lost some details and mixed up whether a claim is Cayces or Scotts, but if I got it right then Cayce saw intuition as a high speed connection to the universal spirit mind library. If you are in doubt about something, check your intuition, check the library. I am fine with this part. But he also says the intuition is what kicks in and makes you stop on the road just in time before some other driver on DUI or something smashes through where you would have been if not for that impulse. I thought that was the job of your spirit guides. He also refers to this intuition as the Guardian Angel and describes it more as some robot defence system than a living entity. Now keep in mind that Cayce, elsewhere apparently but I haven't found the file yet, clearly relates to us having spirit guides.

So yeah, I am confused. I always thought a Guardian Angel is an alternative name for our spirit guides. If it is separate I may have to be careful in the future with what I name our spiritual friends. But also it seems odd to have a robot system, or an AI if you prefer, as part of our individual entity.
Old 29-03-2024, 02:22 PM
Knower

What I've always admired about Edgar Cayce was that he seemed a mild-mannered and humble man who, although well-known in his day for his extraordinary psychic abilities, was neither in it for the fame nor the money.

Even from an early age, Cayce expressed a desire to be of service to humanity in some way, and for this, it is said, he was given an amazing (and apparently God-given) gift of being able to diagnose illness and prescribe treatments via paranormal means, and without the requirement of a medical license.

Unfortunately, Cayce's power of practical clairvoyance also extended beyond an extra-sensory perception of human anatomy and physiology and into the realm of woo, of musings pertaining to the supposed lost city of Atlantis, 'past lives,' and of future prophecies in which were foretold coming pole shifts and Armageddon.

In my study and admiration of Cayce, I've never been much interested in these peripheral eccentricities but rather only in the dubbed 'psychic diagnostician,' which is what made the documentary I recently viewed such a delight to watch.

Beautiful Dreamer (2004) is the title of a wonderful little film about Edgar Cayce, that is more biographical in content than anything else. Refreshingly downhome in tone, it too is little interested in Cayce outside of what was his personal life and amazing diagnostic/healing abilities. This here is both a loving and somewhat intimate portrait of Cayce, as told by various relatives of his, including grandsons, cousins, as well as his own son. Other interviewees featured in this include an elderly Gladys Davis Turner (Cayce's long-time secretary and close friend) and author Sidney Kirkpatrick, whose book on Cayce I've read and recommend highly.

Most fascinating to me about Cayce was that, despite his having possessed powers normally associated with the occult, he nevertheless remained a Bible-lover and self-professing Christian to the very end. I wonder how it was he was able to reconcile this supposed contradiction, but then, hadn't Christ been a supernatural healer himself, as also some of the early Christians during the apostolic era?

Not surprisingly, Cayce was largely marginalized by the medical community in his day and I suspect that if he were alive today he would probably receive the same treatment, at least by those who strictly adhere to western medicine and who therefore fail to recognize the etheric body and how it can sometimes relate to the manifestation of physical maladies.