Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 24-08-2021, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
It's really horrible writing in parts. Just think, if "darkness of the heart" is ignorance, that blogger is literally saying babies have dark hearts if you expand out his logic as babies are ignorant of so much.
Babies are not ignorant... They are just Babies...
Old 24-08-2021, 05:46 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I personally am just observing the reactions of others on the Buddhist Vision

I kept thinking "vision" was a typo and you meant to say version. Was not a typo I guess.
Old 24-08-2021, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
I kept thinking "vision" was a typo and you meant to say version. Was not a typo I guess.
You guess is correct
Old 24-08-2021, 05:51 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Babies are not ignorant... They are just Babies...

Ignorance in Buddhism is not knowing our true nature. Not being enlightened. You keep posting such people have dark hearts.
Old 24-08-2021, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Ignorance in Buddhism is not knowing our true nature. Not being enlightened. You keep posting such people have dark hearts.
Can you point out please where I have said ' such people have dark hearts ' ?
Thanks in advance,
Old 24-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Master
Ignorance.

@ AbodhiSky... This may help you.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/...ignorance.html
Old 24-08-2021, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Ignorance in Buddhism is not knowing our true nature. Not being enlightened.
Buddha did say grasping the Dharma incorrectly is like grasping a poisonous snake by the tail
Old 24-08-2021, 06:21 PM
AbodhiSky

I don't know why some want to post this stuff as "Buddhist Visions"

This is what is in the blog post: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they have looked into their heart of darkness"

Do babies have pure hearts? Yes, so when did they look into their heart of darkness? It's just non-sense writing. There is no such thing as a heart of darkness in anyone. That writer does not even say anything about ignorance. He is basically saying we get pure hearts by looking at our dark hearts. The heart is a human organ that pumps blood. It is commonly used as a metaphor for love. In the next sentence down that writer says we have war in our hearts.

Quote: "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they have transformed the war in their own hearts."

So according to this blogger, people with pure hearts looked at their heart of darkness, and peacemakers transformed the war in their hearts.

That is not Buddhism or Christianity. The belief goodness is dependent on darkness or evil. A belief good comes out of evil. That evil comes first.

What we are is love. We have no darkness in us or wars. We are unaware of our true nature so identify with things that are not us, that are not love. That bloggers ideas that all goodness comes from darkness or bad things is wrong on many levels. We are good from the moment we were created. From the moment we are born. Over time merged with this human body and it's mind we identify with various negative things because we are unaware of our true nature and who and what we are.

Ignorance in consciousness is a lack of understanding, awareness, and experience. That's all.
Old 24-08-2021, 06:29 PM
Master
@AbodhiSky.
Can you point out please where I have said ' such people have dark hearts ' ?
Thanks in advance,
Old 24-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
I don't know why some want to post this stuff as "Buddhist Visions"
It's so bad, you repeatedly re-read it and then spend energy Posting about it, strange.....
Btw, it's Vision not Visions....