Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Master

Feeling strong and uncomfortable emotions.

I have been practicing reiki for a while and I notice my emotions get very intense and uncomfortable and have trouble calming down. It could be anger, grief, dissapointment, etc.. Does this happen to anyone else? I have not noticed I was so "hot headed" before. It's like my emotions are in my face and I can't escape.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Master
I've often read this kind of stories from people that had gotten Reiki initiations. That's why I don't like Reiki at all. Can you get in touch with your teacher? Talk to him/her about it and ask advice, and help! I've read ppl going sort of mental because of reiki initiations, one couple was affected so bad that they ended up divorcing. The woman managed to sort herself out over time, the man didn't.

Are you properly grounded so build-up of energy can flow away?
If it's real bad, maybe contact a good healer that can sort out your energy system again (preferably not a reiki person, but an experienced healer).

I personally think (based on why I've heard from how Reiki initiations go) that with Reiki, the energy system gets activated (by someone else, which I wouldn't like to begin with) too fast, too soon. You got to be ready to be able to handle higher energies in your system, similar to having a solid foundation before you start building a 3 story building.
From what you describe it sounds like too much has been released into your energy system that can't really go anywhere, so it's stuck/circulating and building up. So try grounding, see if that reliefs the pressure. But go slow with it, don't force anything. If need be, visualize a dial, button or something to control the speed of letting go. So you can slow it down if you choose to by using that dial, button, lever (whatever works for you).
And I'd say stop practicing Reiki for now. First get your energy balanced again. And again, if it's real bad, get help!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Master

Wow, thanks for this perpective never thought about it like that. My last attunement was over a year ago and that was for the master/teacher level. I did space my attunements out over a few years. I am no longer in contact with my teacher (long story). I may ask someone else who was attuned but she does not practice. I would say that my vibrations have certainly gone up on the positive side. I did go to a healer who was attuned to reiki and she said that with reiki the emotions do kind of just stagnate sometimes. Too bad the reiki section of this forum is not very active, I would like more feedback.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Master
Must say that I've never seen any forum's Reiki section active, kind of weird, as so many ppl have (practiced) Reiki.
I hope you find someone that can give you a bit more insight and help if need be.
Maybe in the meantime investigate the source of the emotions you're experiencing? Mostly the cause of these things can be found in (early) childhood. They come up for a reason, and I suppose you could say they want your attention? Maybe you can sort it out yourself if you take the time to work on it? There's plenty of books and online info on intuitive/personal growth/inner child work etc.
Listen to your intuition, tune in to know whether you can do this yourself or if you require someone else's help with it.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Master

Thanks it seems that it's whatever negative emotion in general. I know you don't seem like a fan of reiki but it's supposed to be an intelligent energy that unblocks emotions. Perhaps it's meant to bring up the negative emotions so that we have no choice but to move to higher vibrations.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Master
Yes, we always have to work through old/stuck/stagnant/ energies and inner child issues to be able to move to a higher vibration. You basically have to leave most of the lower vibrational things behind so you can move on and get a higher vibration. So in that sense it's not bad. But normally you work through these things in an easy tempo, so you don't get more in one go than you can handle. You sound strong and stable, so you probably can work through it yourself.
Sometimes every energy worker gets sort of 'stuck' because he bumps into something that he has to work through. Once that's dealt with, you can continue with refreshed energy, cleaner aura etc.
My advice would be to take your time, take it easy for a bit with the Reiki so things can settle, work through issues if need be, then you probably feel as good as new or better and can continue your Reiki work.
But by all means follow your own intuition!
Old 05-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Master

Thanks for your reply. I sent you a PM to explain more in details.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I have been practicing reiki for a while and I notice my emotions get very intense and uncomfortable and have trouble calming down. It could be anger, grief, dissapointment, etc.. Does this happen to anyone else? I have not noticed I was so "hot headed" before. It's like my emotions are in my face and I can't escape.

Reiki, and other energy healing systems, bring issues to the forefront for them to be healed and released. So it would not be uncommon at all during a session, or after to feel intense emotions as you work through them. Many people work on just the energy aspect, and not on the part of themselves that created the imbalance in the first place.

Sometimes it's a gentle healing where the individual works through it slowly, and over times. Others, it's in your face and wants your attention right away.

A good thing to get into the habit of, when healing yourself, is watching your thoughts. So you keep yourself distant from them and see them objectively. So you don't get caught up in them. If you find yourself feeling angry, or grief, or sadness, allow yourself to see the feeling, and then allow yourself to let it go. It does not need to stay with you.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Master

Thanks so much. The healer I go to seemed to say that it is good to do reiki in combination with something else like yoga to release emotions better. Are you a reiki healer?
Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Master
Yoga would be a good addition to the healing work, to use as an outlet to release ones emotions.

Yes, I have been attuned to the level of Reiki master..