Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 07-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejbird
i did love Chocolat too; i also love another juliette binoche movie called the widow of st. pierre, sensual and very beautiful.

Hi littlejbird

I will check that one out! Thanks for the suggestion
Old 08-06-2015, 05:04 AM
littlejbird

You're welcome, i've also just watched Far from the Madding Crowd, [2015] it's a great tf/sm movie especially. [well, book first] and quite sensual.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:47 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Hi

I just watched the movie 'Chocolat' again (for the millionth time). It's such a warm, sensual movie. I followed this by watching Ron Fricke's 'Samsara'. Again, such a feast for the soul. I love a good movie that can really activate your senses.

Do you have a favourite sensual movie that you can recommend?

Thanks
Oh my goodness! This is positively synchronicity! I saw Samsara a year ago and could not for the life of me remember what it was called (one more of the *wonderful* things of being a 51 year old woman ...)

I loved it - it sucked me in and made me forget about the rest of the world for the 2 hours (or whatever) it lasted.

I loved Chocolat too. I would even call it a "feminist" movie. Strong female characters, empowered women.

I found most of the older movie, "The New World" very sensual in the way that the music and the images lulled me into a restful state. Unfortunately this kind of nirvana mind state gets interrupted during a battle scene. But it is one movie I put on when I'm in bed sick with the flu; I find it relaxes and comforts me (and just fast forward through the more intense scenes)

Thanks for reminding me about the title of that beautiful flow of imagery and sound!
Old 11-07-2015, 11:01 AM
Ravenspirit

The 1982 Cat People I thought had some really steamy scenes. Embrace of the Vampire, the version with Alyssa Milano, definitely. The Hunger. Anything Hammer, most Jess Franco horror movies, Two Girls and a Guy. Till that movie I just thought he was vaguely cute, but since I saw that I have never been able to look at Robert Downey Jr in the same way since.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Too many to list, The Hunger would be on it.
Anything with Catherine Deneuve, Juliet Binoche, Diane Lane,
Mickey Rourke in his day...ha, probaby Jeremy Irons with his whimpering
need he turns into passion and worship, ultimately completing his cycle of loss..

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-07-2015, 06:20 PM
JalissaG

Blue is the warmest color...
Old 16-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Master
This was a good, oddball yet warmhearted flick and pretty darned sensual in spots, Secretary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFma24S-Uvw

Another one is 'Crash', not the one with Don Cheadle that won an Oscar but a different movie years before that, about people who get off on car crashes, also sort of quirky & dif. from the norm film. Also strangely enough Starring James Spader as with Secretary, which is a coincidence b/c I don't have a thing with James Spader or anything, but with his counterparts. Maggie Gylynhall (sp?) is great in Secretary, good actress plus has an elfish kind of sexiness that i love, so fitting for the role. Funny movie too, at least from what i recall, it appealed to my sense of humor.
Old 30-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Deactivated Account

I could never get into chooclat'! I tried watching it on netflix and I went straight to another movie.

1977 the Thorn Birds. Young gal falls in love with priest. Watched this as a teenager. Gave me really bad ideas.

The lover. Very good book too. Chinese business man and young french girl. Starts out sexual, but turns very sensual.

Old 13-09-2016, 04:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I could never get into chooclat'! I tried watching it on netflix and I went straight to another movie.

1977 the Thorn Birds. Young gal falls in love with priest. Watched this as a teenager. Gave me really bad ideas.

The lover. Very good book too. Chinese business man and young french girl. Starts out sexual, but turns very sensual.

First, I didn't notice how old this thread is until after I had written and deleted my first intended post.

Second, I read all of the comments to make sure no one else had already mentioned the film I am eager to mention. I became careless by the time I reached the last post, yours. I lazily didn't even read it because I saw the word, "Chocolat" in the first line and assumed you were agreeing with everyone else. I didn't even pay attention to the movie poster in your post. As I was about to finish my post, I became worried that my favorite sensual film is actually much more erotic than it is sensual. I then searched for the word "erotic" in all of the posts, and I found it in yours. I'm so glad that search forced me to read your post, especially that semi-obscured last part below the poster. With one excellent exception (that I had forgotten until you mentioned it), you wrote everything I was going to write.

I'm very fond of Juliette Binoche, so watched Chocolat with great anticipation, but it did nothing for me. The hands-down champion sensual-erotic film of all time, in my opinion, is The Lover (1992), starring Jane March and Tony Leung Ka Fai.

You then reminded me of my previous all-time favorite sensual film (miniseries): The Thorn Birds. For some inexplicable reason, as I watched it during its premier in 1983, I felt that it fit my own life, even though nothing like that had ever happened to me. But something very much like it happened to me two and a half years later (only the forbidden part, not the priest part ).
Old 17-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Lorelyen

A very old film - Phaedra (Anthony Perkins / Melina Mercouri). Sad ending though.