Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Master
"He is stated to have had over 800 encounters with the Angelic Presence which has resulted in 8,700 pages of Revelation."

Yeh, right ! Of course he has
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
lol i love you, Lisa.

And I love you!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepspractice
For over 20 years, Marshall Vian Summers has lived in Boulder, Colorado, quietly receiving and writing what he claims is a new message from God. Now, a community of vocal believers is growing up around him, both in Colorado and around the world. Many of them believe Summers is God's chosen messenger for our time and consider the 8,700 pages of "sacred texts" he has received to be the foundation of a new world religion.

Have you heard of him?

The new message states it offers a path out of the darkness of separation, a path to a new life in service to the human family at a critical time in history.

He is likened to other great messengers like Buddha, Mohammed and Jesus...

What do you think?

Ok? Where is his message then?!
Old 05-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa

And I love you!

Love the pic!
Looks like a picture of Scarface...my favourite @ Seaworld. They really do love us actually...'specially if you scratch them under the chin on their blubbery spot...

Sorry 4 off-topic comment...I cannot resist a cute dolpin pic!
Old 17-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Inner Listening for Knowl

I started Steps to Knowledge, here was my experience, in orange

thanks for the welcome and suggestion and link stespractice.

I appreciate it Feels good to be here, find people who seem uncomfortable with the direction and trend of who things are changing in the world today, and many here, who by reading their posts, seem to be feeling the great calling for contribution, that is also in the world today.

See, I too feel that I was put here for reason.
I too, feel that I have come into the world--not just to be a mere consumer and follower of my own desires--but as someone who is here on a mission, to accomplish something in service to the world, and for that to be constructive and entirely natural to me, and to my design, right down to my strengths, gifts, and weaknesses.

I found Steps to Knowledge: The Book of Inner Knowing, which I quoted above, through a amazon dot com's bookstore online. On the back cover, I was stunned to read this excerpt, in black, on the gold colored cover:

"You came into the world
with the Knowledge of
who you are,
who you must meet, and
what you must accomplish.

It is time to find this Knowledge and begin to live it."

I also didn't realize, till I held the book of daily spiritual practices in my hand, that Steps to Knowledge won Foreward Magazine's Book of the Year Award for Spirituality for 2000.

So, after receiving the book in the mail, I have started doing Steps to Knowledge, one step a day, everyday, and have found a real shift and momentum and sense of direction begin to open up for me, in my values, and even in my relationships now.

Here's what I do, which in terms of the structure and its experience I am feeling in side, is totally new for me. When I first wake in the morning, after a few minutes, I sit to do a Step from Steps to Knowledge. My Step for today is, Step 9, In Stillness All Things Can Be Known.

So, I read it, then I did the practice, which was a 15 minute stillness practice. A silent meditation practice. I find when I first wake in the morning to be a time when I am quiet inside, calm, and clear. It makes doing a meditation ideal and I can often listen deeper within myself then, that at a meditation practice in the evening, before bed.

So, this morning, I did one practice. And tonight, after a bath perhaps, and about 10-15 minutes of chanting (I like to use "Ah-oh-Oom" / "OM" or a new one I just found, "Na Rahn") and after reading the Step, then I will do the second 15 minute stillness practice. My Step for today, which you can read online at free yourself at NewMessage dot org slash steps , Step 9 resonates with my earlier post, and that I have and continue to inexplicably know things inside myself, so this is just another small confirmation, that for me, in my experience, there is something to this New Message,

Below in a minute I will share a quote I found so beautfiul in Greater Community Spirituality: A New Revelation. I bolded and put it in blue it below. First I want to share what happened for me when I watched the talk given by Marshall Vian Summers online at text link in earlier post.

I found the talk on the first Sunday of the month by Marshall to be powerful, it really resonated with me, what he said, and how I experienced that, and felt about it.

Shaman, I understand what you think about 'God' and your ideas about it. However, for me, it was not an intellectual idea that I agreed with alone when I heard and read from this New Message. It was something far deeper, it was for me, like coming home, within myself. It was a familiar experience, of 'direct inner knowing' -- or what Steps to Knowledge defines as 'Knowledge', the deeper spiritual intelligence that we are we are each born with, and from time to time we have insights, profound direct knowings, and moments of true discernment of a person, place, event, or thing, and what it could REALLY mean, for us, in our lives, now, and in the future.

See my quote from Steps to Knowledge above.

Have you had a chance Shaman to read some of the texts online, or others of you, to find them through your library for example, through inter library loan, which is free?

At this link:
NewMessage dot org slash books slash greater-community-spirituality-contents dot php
you can read to read from the books linked online, or to read and/or print one of the chapters?
here is another quote I so resonated with, from Greater Community Spirituality: A New Revelation

Chapter 9: How Does God Participate in the World?

GOD'S PARTICIPATION IN THE WORLD
is
very pervasive but not easily recognized.
People have great expectations of God once they accept that God is a reality. They expect God to solve their personal problems, to save them from their own calamities, to restore their loved ones when they are sick, to prevent death and difficulty for those whom they love, to bring about peace and equanimity amongst warring tribes, to effect sweeping change without upsetting anyone's concerns or priorities and to bring about miracles great and small, yet in such a way that no one is of fended, no one is challenged and no one has to change. Given these kinds of expectations, which permeate your cultures and are part of most of the world's religions, it becomes very difficult to appreciate who God is and how God functions in the world.

Let us, then, give a new approach and a fresh understanding. However, before we do this, let us say that when we give a simple idea, it will not be simple to understand. The simpler the idea, the more difficult it is to integrate it, to experience it and to apply it. Therefore, what seems easy can be more difficult. The quick and easy way can be the most difficult. A simple idea is more difficult to fully penetrate and to comprehend. Let us give you a simple idea now.

God is reclaiming the separated through Knowledge. Said in another way, God is calling upon you, and you have an opportunity to
respond, to respond at a deep level. God is calling upon God within you—the part of you that is a part of God, the part of you that is in intrinsic relationship with God and with all life, the part of you that contains your greater purpose, mission and destiny in the world, the part of you that can recognize your true allies, your true partners and your true endeavors in the world. If you're not in touch with or aware of this greater aspect of yourself, which is Knowledge, then God will seem very confusing and very complex. God will even seem contradictory. You may think, "Well, God promises peace, but where is the peace? God promises comfort, but where is the comfort? God promises reassurance, but where is the reassurance? I cannot see it around me; I do not feel it within me, so God must either be cruel, confused or weak."

God reclaims you within the context of relationship. You reclaim God within the context of relationship. Here you come back into relationship together. Your relationship with God was never over; it was simply denied and forgotten and other things came to take its place. You come into the world like an abandoned child. Through your experience here, you have an opportunity to recall the memory of those who sent you, members of your Spiritual Family, and their relationship with you, and the memory of your relationship with the Source of all relationships.

We teach the reclamation of Knowledge. This is experienced through the reclamation of relationships with others, for alone you cannot know anything. Alone your Knowledge will not be validated or verified. To be fully experienced, it must have an impact within the context of a real relationship—not a relationship with an idea, a theory or a principle but a relationship with another.

God works through Knowledge in you. God does not interfere because God is not really welcome here. People expect great things of the Divine—miracles, tremendous compassion and forgiveness—but they do not want any interference. Nobody wants a savior until they are desperate. Nobody wants freedom until they feel they are truly imprisoned. If God answered all your prayers, you would have to allow God to take over your life. God will not do that.

You can have a life here that is imaginary or a life that is real. God brings you back to the life that is real, the life that you can know, the life that you can embrace and devote yourself to. Without this there is no real devotion, there is no real commitment, there is no real understanding and there is no real security.

God does not intervene. To fully understand this, you would have to have a complete understanding of God. This is far beyond your capacity at this time and in this context of life. However, you can gain some appreciation for this when you see how much you do not want your plans and goals to be interfered with. Like adolescent children, people want to be able to do what they want to do with little or no interference. It is only when they get into trouble or are endangered or imperiled that they want intervention from their parents. They want their parents to bail them out or to rescue them or to pay their expenses, but this does not verify or recognize a real relationship. This is a form of dependency and rebellion. And there is a great deal of this dependency and rebellion in the world. This is made ever more complex by the fact that people use religion and their claimed relationship with the Divine as a justification for all kinds of acts of cruelty and attack. Thus, real religion is maligned, abused, compromised and invalidated because of its use by the ambitious and the fearful.

You cannot come to God as a beggar or as a thief because God does not know you as either of these. You must come as part of Creation, recognizing your own authority and your own place in life and recognizing the greater context into which you fit and of which you are a part. It takes a new kind of education to teach this to you and to help you to reclaim this awareness. To sit on the sidelines and expect or demand or appeal or cajole the Divine to intercede at your will, at your command, to be your servant and to fetch things for you, is so clearly ridiculous and so ignorant and presumptuous that you can see how false this is. You can see how nothing of any real value and merit can come from this approach and behavior.

God is at work in the world, working through Knowledge. God does not leave somewhere else and come here because God is God of the Greater Community. This is obvious. However, in the world's religions, this is not realized. Often it is assumed that God is preoccupied with this world to the exclusion of everything else. It is believed that there is God, the world and you. Everything else is just part of the background to this great drama between the human and the Divine.

However, God is God of the Greater Community, not only the Greater Community we have described but of all life everywhere. God does not come to pay special attention to the planet on which you live. God does not drop responsibilities elsewhere and become unusually concerned or preoccupied with human affairs, human demands or human expectations. God is at work everywhere reclaiming the separated through Knowledge. And the reclamation must come through Knowledge because Knowledge is what redeems you to yourself and to life.

Your personal mind cannot know God. Your personal mind can only yield to Knowledge within you, and Knowledge within you yields to Knowledge in the universe. Then everything is set into right order. And with right order comes real relationship. With real relationship comes a steady flow of communication. This is what enables you to be a contributor in the world. Then, you are not merely an individual running around trying to make things happen and trying to acquire things for yourself. You become a translator and a communicator for something greater. This is mysterious; it is beyond definition, even beyond the theologies of your world. It is pure. It is untainted. It cannot be used or harnessed for political or economic goals. It is everywhere. It is natural. It is pervasive. It cannot be corrupted by human interference. Human interference can only mislead the perceiver, but the essence of God's work is beyond human contamination and beyond the contamination of any race anywhere in the Greater Community. Understand this and you will be able to have a different approach to your relationship with the Divine and to the Divine presence and activity in the world.

How does God work in the world? What does this mean? What are some examples of this? God seeks to reclaim you unto yourself and to bring you back into your true relationship with life as it exists here and now in order to enable you to find your place in the world and to fulfill your specific role here. God amplifies Knowledge within you and calls you to return to Knowledge and to develop a relationship with Knowledge and a reverence for Knowledge. This restores your self-esteem. This also validates your authority, which you must exercise in order to approach a greater authority. You cannot simply give up your authority and try to yield to a Greater Power. This can never be effective.

If you are to represent the Divine, you must become a representative. You cannot come as a beggar. You cannot be passive. You cannot simply give yourself over. People try to do that because they are either too lazy or too unfocused to actually prepare for the role that they need to fulfill. They simply want God to do everything for them. This, of course, is impossible, for they must do most of the work. It is their efforts, their abilities and their accomplishments which they must experience, not God's.

Giving up all of your authority—thinking you cannot make a decision about anything or anyone, denying your own perception and experience and giving everything over to God—looks like a wonderful freedom and a wonderful escape, but it is not the way that will restore to you your true ability and your true value. God does not need glorification. It is you who need validation in the world. God is not driven by the ego desires that motivate people to establish their own self-importance. Do not think that God thinks like you or God will seem terrible and contradictory, cruel or impotent.

The disappointment and confusion that people have about the Divine is based on the projection that the Divine is thinking about life and about them the way that they are thinking about life and about themselves. God functions at the level of Knowledge, which is a different kind of mind and intelligence from your personal mind. It is not conniving. It is not treacherous. It is not self-indulgent. It is not selfish. It does not use others for personal advantage. It is not competitive. It does not debate. It does not wonder. It is not confused. It does not need to make decisions. It acts because it knows. And between times of action, it is silent and present. It has absolute certainty and is infinitely patient.

Knowledge will protect you—your personal mind and your body—but it will not prevent you from hurting yourself. Like God, it will not interfere when interference is unwelcome. Knowledge will provide all of the stimulation and all of the signs you need to make wise decisions and to choose wisely in your relationships. However, if you do not heed these signs and signals, if you do not listen, if you do not follow and if you are not able to respond, then Knowledge will not come and punish you. It will not criticize you. It will not banish you to hell. It will not condemn you, and it will not judge you. Knowledge will allow you to fail. Perhaps then you will come back to it again with greater sincerity, feeling a deeper need.

Knowledge is completely honest. It is without conflict or deception. Your personal mind has conflict and deception. When something that is purely honest is dealing with something that is dishonest, it requires great tact and care. If you want to know how God is working in the world, then follow the way to Knowledge, find your relationship with Knowledge and learn over time through many experiences how Knowledge is working in your life. Then, within the range of your real experience and not in the context of your speculation, you will come to see, understand and appreciate the incredible grace, power and pervasiveness of God's presence in the world.

You could say that God is working from the inside out, yet this is only partially true because God has agents in the world. God has emissaries—some of whom you can see and some of whom you cannot see. The Unseen Ones travel here and there, and they work with certain individuals who are showing great promise and with certain individuals who are well advanced on the path to Knowledge. They give their assistance in such a way that their presence goes largely unrecognized. This is God working in the world.

God works behind the scenes. God gives opportunities. God gives work, redemptive work. God gives problems to solve and directs you towards the world's needs. God does not come and fix things up for you as if you were a helpless little child. God teaches you how to fix things within your own realm, within the realm of human invention. Human life is a human invention. It is not a Divine invention. Human culture, human ethics, human beliefs, human economics, human politics, human relationships, human involvements—these are all human creations. They are not Divine creations. To bring Divinity into your creations, you yourself must introduce it. God is not in the middle of your dilemmas. God is outside of them. God calls you to leave them and offers you a way out, a way that restores your true abilities and your true relationships with yourself, with others and with the world.

God's way is wise and effective. Yet unless you become wise and effective, how can you appreciate it? At moments when you are wise and effective, you will appreciate it. At other times when you are not being wise and effective, you will either deny it or think it is something else. You know, many people think that God is using everything as a lesson for them as if God is pulling all the strings. When something good happens, it's a blessing from God. When something bad happens, it's a punishment from God. When something cruel or tragic happens, well, people are disappointed, and they secretly resent the Divine for being cruel and heartless. Then they try to justify it by saying, "Well, it was coming," or "They deserved it," or "Someone deserved it," or "It had to be," or "It is beyond our comprehension and we don't know."

I found this Chapter 9: How Does God Participate in the World to be deep, so deep that it was not something that I felt, resonated with, and even was read from the level of my surface intellect's ideas, beliefs, and thoughts alone. No.

It was something that I felt and resonated with in my heart, in my deeper experience of life.

Perhaps Shaman and others you are someone who has a deeper experience of life all or much the time?

INVITATION: So, everyone, if you feel or think you have had in nature, in relationship to a loved one or a child you care about, or in relation to something that happened as an event in the world, maybe you can share about your own experiences, as I have attempted to speak to mine here, feel free to share one or two experiences that were impactful for you when you want to? Because I know we have all had them, experiences of inexplicable knowing and uncanny turns of fate and discovery of the truth of something, that we went through, in our own life, or that impacted us, in our own life.

I would enjoy hearing about your experience(s), as you lived it, felt, and went through it, and what came up for you after wards, inside yourself, within your connection to Spirit--or Knowledge--within you. Being a daily meditator--off and on ( I am not entirely consistent--yet) I always enjoy hearing about other people's deeper experience and deeper conscience that they are experiencing and responding to, daily, in their own lives, and in their own words. take care folks

Last edited by Inner Listening for Knowl : 17-07-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: font onscreen formatted poorly, hard to read, too small
Old 17-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Inner Listening for Knowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
Ok? Where is his message then?!
on youtube put in: "The New Message from God"

on google put in: "The New Message from God"

the quotes are important, in the search string query on google. I cannot link directly yet, this forum is set to prevent and parse links automatically, until you've posted 15 times. therefore, do the search. I would suggest the video from you tube posted in Jan. 2011, "Humanity's Freedom Journey." You could also enter that as a search term, in quotes on either site suggested above.

lastly, there is NewMessage dot org, which is direct

to Norseman,
check out the quote below I was moved by from Greater Community Spirituality below, which, as a book, from what I have read of it, (9 chapters), it talks about:
-Who you are
-Who you must meet
-What is Knowledge?

I had some issues, which I could not correct, with the font size, I had to give up, after a few attempts so...among other topics for contemplation and being with your experience of them, for you, in your own way, and in your own time, at your own pace.

It states in his radio interviews, including on Jeff Rense's program from Nov. 2005, Coast to Coast AM with Noory in 2008 & 2009, with Maureen Moss on her show on WorldPuja dot org and others that Summers gives , that being a non profit publisher,
-that there are over 20 books waiting to be published,
-that it has been a 27 year long process of revelation for Mr. Summers and that he will be speaking about his Message the first Sunday of August, at 10am MST (-7 GMT) about the New Message and you can tune in free, or chat in with a question or comment, etc. the moderator last time said that there were people from China, Finland, France, New Zealand, NYC, LA, and Africa who were watching.

see you there

I know the internet is a place where people want to have instant access to info and be able to read it quickly and move on, but I have found, reading this particular spiritual material in depth, from a place below just ideas and assumptions, to to be more objective and I feel it has yielded such a rich pallete of work to digest and be with for me now, in my own experience, and in my life, as I am. this material really has power and potency, particularly Steps to Knowledge for me, and GCS, which I have read parts of both now. please, go check it out. see how you feel about it, and see what is there for you, in your own experience. It could be powerful for you if you do.
Old 27-07-2011, 02:53 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, "messengers of "God"" will generally provide messages from "God" that merely confirm what one already knows or believes. the mass mind channeling itself via a singular vehicle.

Oz never did give nothin to the Tin Man that he didn't didn't already have.

When I explored this message I fouind that it is a message unlike any others that I have even encountered. When I first started reading I have to say that it was anything but what I already knew or believed.

It pretty much flew in the face of what I have been taught but at the same time it was like an ancient memory...
Old 27-07-2011, 02:55 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, I did listen to a long talk by Mr. Summers and so
far I'll try one more...give him more of a chance later.

I'd be interested to hear what you experienced or thought about the talk you listened to.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:41 AM
mattie

Message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I don't believe he is the only messenger of God. I believe he could be ONE of those messangers. What is he preaching about this message? What does it have to do with? I'm interested in this message.

Yep, it's the message, not the messenger.

There are many messengers called now.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:45 AM
mattie

Uncomfortable Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepspractice
... which has resulted in 8,700 pages of Revelation. ...

If this is officially caused the 'Revelation' this gives me great pause. Huge tie to organized religion's last chapter of the Bible.

Choosing this name doesn't necessarily mean that the information isn't valid, but ................