Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowCatCakes
Yes, sex is an expression of love, but it bonds the two souls. If sex is not spiritual, then tell me why it is one of the things the second chakra addresses? Why does it bond two souls? Why is it considered so important in ancient cultures? Surely some things they have claimed are correct.

Please enlighten me ...
And also explain the purpose of your thread/question ...
It appears you may have already had your answer before posting ...
This is confusing ...
Also what happens when men & women begin menopause - lose interest in sex - no longer engage in sex?
Are they no longer spiritual at that point?
Thank you for answers in advance ...
Old 12-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes
Even if there are genetic factors or sexual feelings between a male and a male or female and a female they still choose to act on it. They also choose to live lifestyles and take on identities portraying there actions not subconscious tendencies. I have personally dealt with the gay community a great deal with my own identity in question because of my behavior which was not homosexual but uncommon. they have ways of provoking those feelings, which can be felt by heterosexual males because we are all human.

the best example I can give you is in psychology class we had to watch sexual videos to understand sexuality. Although disgusted by homosexual sexuality I was still aroused just like when I was watching regular girl and boy sexuality. the class felt the same way about it. Arousal is something that comes and goes and can be triggered by a breeze in the wind. In short there is no evidence supporting that homosexuality is anything but a choice at this point in time. As such it is a choice just like being spiritual.

Wow, just...wow. You know what really disgusts me? Humans. I don't know how some beings are fighting so hard to save you, I really don't.
Old 13-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Hermes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usako
Wow, just...wow. You know what really disgusts me? Humans. I don't know how some beings are fighting so hard to save you, I really don't.

whatever do you mean?
Old 13-12-2013, 12:24 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Although disgusted by homosexual sexuality I was still aroused just like when I was watching regular girl and boy sexuality.

That's the reason its been referred to as "bumping uglies" ...
Was the disgusting homosexual act male/male or female/female?
I've never heard of a man being turned off by lesbians engaging in sex ...

Quote:
In short there isno evidence supporting that homosexuality is anything but a choice at this point in time. As such it is a choice just like being spiritual.

I humbly disagree ...

Many causes for homosexuality have been examined both biological and social. No one theory or experiment leads to a definitive answer. Some believe that the characters found on Xq28 are the Holy Grail of homosexuality research, the elusive 'gay gene'. Others may place stock in the theories of Foucault and Halperin. Perhaps Simon LeVay did reveal to us that anatomy is the key to understanding the difference in sexual orientation. Perhaps there is no one answer, that sexual orientation, whether homosexual or heterosexual; gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, all are a cause of a complex interaction between environmental, cognitive, and anatomical factors, shaping the individual at an early age.

http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html
Old 13-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Hermes

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
That's the reason its been referred to as "bumping uglies" ...
Was the disgusting homosexual act male/male or female/female?
I've never heard of a man being turned off by lesbians engaging in sex ...

I humbly disagree ...

Many causes for homosexuality have been examined both biological and social. No one theory or experiment leads to a definitive answer. Some believe that the characters found on Xq28 are the Holy Grail of homosexuality research, the elusive 'gay gene'. Others may place stock in the theories of Foucault and Halperin. Perhaps Simon LeVay did reveal to us that anatomy is the key to understanding the difference in sexual orientation. Perhaps there is no one answer, that sexual orientation, whether homosexual or heterosexual; gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, all are a cause of a complex interaction between environmental, cognitive, and anatomical factors, shaping the individual at an early age.

http://allpsych.com/journal/homosexuality.html

I agree with you 100 percent! The choices we make and the actions we take are what dictate the endings of our story. So I still believe that it is a choice whether it is a choice made because of social, cognitive, or environmental reasons. Thank you for your reply it was enlightening.

I am confused when I watch female on female it is not as arousing as guy on girl. Guy and guy is something difficult for me to watch. disgust may have been a strong word that offends some people but I cant describe my first initial reaction with any other words when I saw guy on guy for the first time.
Old 13-12-2013, 12:40 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
I agree with you 100 percent! The choices we make and the actions we take are what dictate the endings of our story. So I still believe that it is a choice whether it is a choice made because of social, cognitive, or environmental reasons. Thank you for your reply it was enlightening.

I am confused when I watch female on female it is not as arousing as guy on girl. Guy and guy is something difficult for me to watch. disgust may have been a strong word that offends some people but I cant describe my first initial reaction with any other words when I saw guy on guy for the first time.

No need that is not what the red highlighted statement meant ...
Please read the article ...
It was a nice try, but no cigar ...

A descriptive word is not necessary to make a point; it just made it offensive as you pointed it ....
Old 13-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Perhaps there is no one answer, that sexual orientation, whether homosexual or heterosexual; gay, straight, lesbian, or bisexual, all are a cause of a complex interaction between environmental, cognitive, and anatomical factors, shaping the individual at an early age.[/b][/color]
Thanks Livingkarma, I feel that you're very near of what is the taxinomy of sex.

The best to you!
Old 13-12-2013, 06:33 PM
MeowCatCakes

Quote:
Please enlighten me ...
And also explain the purpose of your thread/question ...
It appears you may have already had your answer before posting ...
This is confusing ...
Also what happens when men & women begin menopause - lose interest in sex - no longer engage in sex?
Are they no longer spiritual at that point?
Thank you for answers in advance ...

I started this thread to question homosexuality and bisexuality, not sex itself.

And what do you mean no longer spiritual? I'm not saying that having sex makes you spiritual. I'm saying that sex is an experience on both spiritual and physical dimensions. Just like love. If a couple were to fall out of love doesn't mean they're not spiritual anymore, if they were.
Old 25-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Erosfire

Since I've started wishing to understand
something in the form of eros I've been very
interested in the divinity of love and lust.

I think homosexuality is not just divine, but perfect
in direct concept. All sexualities come with karma, not just
homosexual - all attachments.

One of the things I think people get confused by is their idea
that homosexual defies 'the purpose of life', or that it is somehow
not as capable as a male-female system.

But actually it is no different really
There are some superficial differences but the fundamental thing
with any sexuality is that you love and honour those you choose to
share your body and time with.

I only see a superficial difference.
Old 25-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Master
I remember finding and reading Seven years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer many, many years ago, long before the movie, and in the book, but not the movie, Heinrich describes the homosexuality within the monastery while he is imprisoned...

It isn't described later when he gets called up to the higher floors.

Physical desires and emotional desires are just that... even spiritual desires... they are all desires.

Tell your story anyway you want but it's still a story.

I've just watched the movie the life of pi twice over a span of a coupla days and it's a very beautiful movie and the final question of which story the listener prefers may be pertinent here... or it may not be.