Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
...so if we see someone living in a way thar God condemns we have an obligation to warn them.

Where is that stated? Doesn't Matthew 7:1-2 override that? No one is perfect enough to say another has faults.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I know what the Bible says about the issue but do you think it means
that people who live in loving gay relationships are also committing a sin?
Nope. ......

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Love is all that matters. A god that doesn't love his children unconditionally is a god that I don't need in my LIFE.
I'm with you....good thing we don't have to go that far..He sees why the person raped or robbed the bank.
He knows the entire Journey of that soul...
hahaha, it could be progress compared to when a guy was a Mongolian marauder!

Little minds see the little picture.
Aaaannnd that is one reason our job is not to judge...ours
is to love God and love our neighbor...kinda like being on auto pilot....
just freakin' love God and others.
What would St. Francis do with a raper and bank robber in prison ...bring him food and pray with him.
(Big Picture...)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-11-2019, 10:34 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Love is all that matters. A god that doesn't love his children unconditionally is a god that I don't need in my LIFE.
I'm with you....good thing we don't have to go that far..He sees why the person raped or robbed the bank.
He knows the entire Journey of that soul...
hahaha, it could be progress compared to when the guy was a Mongolian marauder!

Little minds see the little picture.
Aaaannnd that is one reason our job is not to judge...ours
is to love God and love our neighbor...kinda like being on auto pilot....
just freakin' love God and others.
What would St. Francis do with a raper and bank robber in prison ...bring him food and pray with him.
(Big Picture...)

Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
Where is that stated? Doesn't Matthew 7:1-2 override that? No one is perfect enough to say another has faults.
If you were doing something that would lead you to experience eternal punishment and another person knew it, wouldn't you want him to warn you? Jesus said we should do for others what we want them to do for us. And you can see and recognize the faults of others without being perfect yourself.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
If you were doing something that would lead you to experience eternal punishment and another person knew it, wouldn't you want him to warn you?
No, because maybe I don't believe as you do. Maybe because I find it condescending, insulting, disrespectful of my beliefs and patronizing. So, you have no right to impose your beliefs on me. You'd say I believe in false gods if I started telling you the beauties of the Bhagavad Gita, the wisdom of whom I believe to be God, and why you should live by it. Therein lies the reason so many Christians are disliked. Now, if you were sharing the benefit of experience with me, that's a different matter. But I find it highly unlikely that anyone has the benefit of experience of the Christian after life to share and warn about.

Quote:
Jesus said we should do for others what we want them to do for us. And you can see and recognize the faults of others without being perfect yourself.
That is stretched so far it's in danger of snapping.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
If you were doing something that would lead you to experience eternal punishment and another person knew it, wouldn't you want him to warn you? Jesus said we should do for others what we want them to do for us. And you can see and recognize the faults of others without being perfect yourself.

' Jesus said we should do for others what we want them to do for us. '

Did Jesus really say that... It's actually selfish when you think about it as your wanting something from others before you do for them.

I don't see this as a teaching from Jesus.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Jesus said we should do for others what we want them to do for us. '

Did Jesus really say that... It's actually selfish when you think about it as your wanting something from others before you do for them.

I don't see this as a teaching from Jesus.

You got it all wrong once again.

Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

It's a great feeling when people are nice with you, right? You know, when they are friendly and lovely with you, would not be wise to treat all people this way? The wanting to be treated in a friendly and lovely manner is always there because we are truly born from love, all the suffering in the world is caused by a massive lack of love...

It's a way of life expressed through unconditional love, you want love, offer love, you want help, offer help, you want kindness, offer kindness, treat others as you would treat yourself, it starts with you - Love your neighbour as yourself!!

I am just giving an example, I am not talking about "you".
Old 12-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
You got it all wrong once again.

Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

It's a great feeling when people are nice with you, right? You know, when they are friendly and lovely with you, would not be wise to treat all people this way? The wanting to be treated in a friendly and lovely manner is always there because we are truly born from love, all the suffering in the world is caused by a massive lack of love...

It's a way of life expressed through unconditional love, you want love, offer love, you want help, offer help, you want kindness, offer kindness, treat others as you would treat yourself, it starts with you - Love your neighbour as yourself!!

I am just giving an example, I am not talking about "you".

' You got it all wrong once again.'

' I am just giving an example, I am not talking about "you".'

I think I got it right actually because that's how I see it, it might be wrong to others and that's OK, no problem....

Can you not offer without wanting something in return...

' It's a way of life expressed through unconditional love, you want love, offer love, you want help, offer help, you want kindness, offer kindness, treat others as you would treat yourself, it starts with you - Love your neighbour as yourself!! '

What you are explaining is not unconditional love, loving unconditionaly is not expecting something from others in return.

'Loving others as you love yourself '
What about people who don't love themselves, do you still love your neighbour the same way you don't love yourself?

You got it wrong again lol....
Old 12-11-2019, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' You got it all wrong once again.'

' I am just giving an example, I am not talking about "you".'

I think I got it right actually because that's how I see it, it might be wrong to others and that's OK, no problem....

Can you not offer without wanting something in return...

It's not about wanting something in return..... because if you give love only to get love, then what you are giving is not love.... It's the idea of loving your own neighbour as yourself, to treat others as you would treat yourself.. I lived my entire life in a family where it's all about wanting something in return later on and I know what it means to truly give without wanting something in return.

This is how I always understood that verse, even when I was just a child when I first started to read the gospels - love your neighbour as yourself, this is the idea, this is what Christ tried to tell them.

If Christ would have said what you have stated then He would have been far from being the Son of God, if you give only to expect something in return, then you are not doing an act of love.