Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Medium_Laura

He's right! :) Things only have the power we give them :)
Old 22-06-2011, 01:58 PM
bebelee

So very true :)
Old 22-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Neth Rana

Which deck are you gonna get bebelee???
Old 22-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebelee
I once heard that i shouldn't buy tarot cards for myself. Someone else should give them to me. Is this true?

I think if you choose to believe that, it will make it true.

I've known people throw cards in the bin because they were told it was unlucky to keep them in the house what a waste, wish they'd told me before they threw them out!

Also about second hand cards, some people believe you should be the only person to ever handle your decks from new so second hand ones are a no no, well most of mine are second hand and cards i've bought myself and i've had no problems.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 25-06-2011, 08:20 AM
bebelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
I think if you choose to believe that, it will make it true.

That's what i have been thinking :)

Neth Rana, i have no idea what cards to get so if you or anyone else has any suggestions that would be fantastic.

I went to the place i was going to originally get them from the other day but because they are closing down most of their stock was gone including all of their tarot cards.
I'll be getting them online now i think but i have been a bit puzzled as to which ones i will get. There are so many!!
Old 25-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Medium_Laura

It really depends on what imagery speaks to you. Go to google and put in
say The 4 of cups - click on IMAGES in the upper tab. and then start looking.

Find one that just jumps out and tells a story. Then when it does you can post it (if you can't find the name of the deck) and someone here will probably know it :)
Old 25-06-2011, 01:46 PM
bebelee

Thank you Laura. I will do just that
Old 25-06-2011, 03:00 PM
LightFilledHeart

There are many beautiful decks, and I admire their artistry, but I find the Ryder/Waite deck (the original Tarot deck with the full color images) to be the most pure and archtypal in its symbolism and thus the most succinct and powerful to read.
Old 25-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
bebelee, look in www.aeclectictarot.com
Zillions of decks to look at
Old 25-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
There are many beautiful decks, and I admire their artistry, but I find the Ryder/Waite deck (the original Tarot deck with the full color images) to be the most pure and archtypal in its symbolism and thus the most succinct and powerful to read.

Let me show you my "pin-up" from Sacred Circle. So much symbolism is this, far in excess of Rider-Waite.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Tarot%20cards/fa9ab3c1.jpg
So much to see and understand. Glastonbury, Arthurian legend, etc.

She is the Grail Maiden and carries the Chalice of Enlightenment.