Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
metarealityseeker

Wink What's Your Take on This? Please Chime in....Anxious to hear your opinions

Hi Guys,
Curious your take on this recent event :) I won't judge any responses and believe me I'm open to it ALL

Ok for about the past hmmmm 6-7 months my uncle doug who passed away three yrs ago has been on my mind insatiably. It started with a dream that I personally feel was a "visitation" dream. When I meditate I always ask for him to come forward if he wishes. He wasn't some "magnificent" person in real life and actually made some very very questionable choices and had pretty much nothing but suffering his entire life.

However, I have always seen a side of him most wouldn't. I loved him dearly and saw the good in him regardless of his struggles and outside choices. I was sad when he passed away. He even lived very far from me, I am in MD he is in MO but I did attend his service.

Fast forward, I have no idea why but he is very close in my mind. Well on Nov 11th I got married (WOOOHOOOO a beautiful magical day to say the least and yep dreams can come true at 41 lol). I am terrible at remembering specific dates etc for the most part.

SOOOOO something told me to search his name online two days ago. I did and I found out IT WAS NOV 11, 2009 that he passed. WOWOWOWOW I totally didn't even remember that when planning my wedding. I was suppose to get married Oct 13th but for various reasons changed it to 11-11.

NOW am I making TOTALLY something out of NOTHING??? If so just say it I do not get offended easily AT ALL. If there IS SOMETHING to it what is your opinion?

Anxious to hear

Angela
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Aidan108

Hi Angela,

Congratulations on your wedding! I'm really glad it was everything you dreamt of !

I would say that you could look at it two ways: that the change of date to the 11th was a subconcious choice you made to honour your uncle because of your relationship with him or that the unexpected change you describe could be his way of 'coming forward' and letting you know he's still with you

Aidan
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Master
Hi :)

I found your post interesting.. My sister believed for many years,there was something very special about 11/11 .And It was important to family (ours or others..not sure?)
She was Diag with terminal cancer on that day 11/11/2010..this brought about many experiences..and exchanges etc.
Maybe 11/11 is life, new life and new beginnings, the stages in between and death. ( My sisters first grandchild was to be born on the 14/4/2011..he came on the 8/4/2011.and she passed away on the 14th)..Watching her hold him the day before..there is a sacredness there. ( I have no words).

What a wonderful thread ..how lovely you could see his light here and also after he left..

Love and Peace
Plus Huge Congrats on your marriage
:) xo

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Master

Hi metarealityseeker, congrats on your marriage, I would suggest that your own intuitive feelings may hold a clearer answer than any we could speculate upon.
Old 13-12-2012, 07:49 AM
JazzJazz

Firstly, congratulations on your marriage I'm so happy for you!

It's interesting. I've never heard of something like this happening before. It's sweet though I like to imagine that he made you subconsciously change it so when you realised the date's significance, you'd instantly know that he had been with you
Old 13-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Pinkroses

I believe that for whatever reason we share a special connection with certain people in our lives. Getting married on the same day your uncle passed is significant. It really doesn't matter if it was a subconscious decision on your part or if it was orchestrated by God or the Universe or if it was your uncle at work. The fact remains: you wedding date got changed to that particular date. I think it shows that you and your uncle share a special connection, even after death.

Congratulations on your marriage!