Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Knower
Awake but paralysed??

Has anyone ever experienced this....???

I have tried to research as much as I could and I'm lead to two possibilities, but which is it/was it?

On two occasions I have had this terrifying, almost helpless sensation.

The first was 4 years ago. I was in bed (not my own) and I had just turned the tv off, yet the light was still on, all of a sudden I felt what seemed like a sudden push back into the bed, I had managed to just open my mouth to scream but I was stuck mid scream, mouth open and an inability to move or let out any noise. I could see everything around me , but it was foggy. I kept trying to fight to move for what felt like ages...until I finally shot up and let out my trapped scream! Never in my life had I ever felt anything like this! After that night I decided that the next time I stayed, I would take a digital recorder as I was convinced that this was demonic?? Low and behold I caught a voice on it saying in a deep voice to "get out". I did and i never returned.
3 years later and in my own bed, I awoke from a bad dream and sat up! I calmed myself and checked on my baby, when I laid back down On my back I began to feel my fingers tingling and it ran all the way up my arm and down my body, I was once again frozen to the spot... I could see around me and I panicked. I was able to move after what felt like a few minutes and sat up!!

What on earth is this???
Old 09-09-2014, 02:53 AM
Knower

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

All kinds of crazy stuff can appear during an episode. I had one years ago where I "woke up" one morning to find two FBI agents (a man and a woman) photographing me as I slept. I couldn't move at all, or speak to ask what they were doing. The man was taking photos, and the woman was taking notes on a steno pad. They kept commenting to each other in low voices, but I couldn't make out what they said. Everything seemed so real and detailed, even down to the man's faint beard stubble.

Then I found myself drifting back to "sleep," and then really woke up--to find no FBI agents in my crummy little apartment.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:51 AM
Master
That is 'sleep paralysis'.

If you use the 'Search' function above you will find many threads on this in the forums.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Master
Hi J.B.

Read up on this link if you get the time .

http://www.davi****e.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63635

I have had one bout of being paralysed to be awoken to a particular being . I was totally awake but could only move my eyes and watch this being from another dimension . I have never felt fear like it lols . I prayed like mad and brought in the light of my keepers and gaurdians and within a minute or so I had the use of my body and the being was no longer there .

Every 28 days for 4 consecutive months a different being presented it's self at the same time of night but I was not paralysed on any of these occasions . The visitations were in response to my awakening mind and abilities to see beyond the physical realms and had nothing to do with sleep paralysis but I am sure sleep paralysis happens to some / many .

I suppose you will just have see what happens if anything happens that is .

Hope the link rings a few bells for you .

x daz x
Old 09-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Master
Yep sleep paralysis. My husband experienced this once and it took him to a forum looking for answers and that forum is where we met.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Knower
Thank you everyone for all your replies!!
What didn't make sense was that I was not asleep when it happened, I was wide awake? I was not even fully laying down? I was pushed down!
The voice recording was on a separate night within the same room and not at the time of paralysis.. It was on a digital recorder and I didn't hear it during a paralysed state, as I was sound asleep? There were no men in the house just myself and yet the voice/ voices were male??
The second time this happened was when I awoke from a sleeping state which was the typical sleep Paralysis symptoms as such!! What I didn't understand was how they can be so different from one another??
Can sleep paralysis happen whilst your wide awake , before even fully laying down?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Knower
Hi God like,
Unfortunately I am unable to view the link :-/
Old 09-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi J.B.

Read up on this link if you get the time

I have had one bout of being paralysed to be awoken to a particular being . I was totally awake but could only move my eyes and watch this being from another dimension . I have never felt fear like it lols . I prayed like mad and brought in the light of my keepers and gaurdians and within a minute or so I had the use of my body and the being was no longer there .

Every 28 days for 4 consecutive months a different being presented it's self at the same time of night but I was not paralysed on any of these occasions . The visitations were in response to my awakening mind and abilities to see beyond the physical realms and had nothing to do with sleep paralysis but I am sure sleep paralysis happens to some / many .

I suppose you will just have see what happens if anything happens that is .

Hope the link rings a few bells for you .

x daz x
Hi God like,
Unfortunately I am unable to view the link :-/
Old 09-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Knower
Awww fate has a funny way of doing things :-)
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
Yep sleep paralysis. My husband experienced this once and it took him to a forum looking for answers and that forum is where we met.

Wondering?? did your partner still suffer with paralysis episodes after meeting/ settling with you???