Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
I don't think 5thDimension was trying to cause a debate about dependent children. People die every day and leave their dependent children behind - Accidents, illness and in some cases old-age...

An undeniable and tragic truth. But look at the way 5thDimension phrased it, as though caring for one's kids is just 'emotional hogwash. I'm not going debate this point, because I know it is plain wrong and offensive and nothing is going to change that, so I suggest we move on from that point and get back to the original topic of the thread.
Old 23-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
An undeniable and tragic truth. But look at the way 5thDimension phrased it, as though caring for one's kids is just 'emotional hogwash. I'm not going debate this point, because I know it is plain wrong and offensive and nothing is going to change that, so I suggest we move on from that point and get back to the original topic of the thread.

Well, since you feel offended and clearly misunderstand and actually state 'nothing is going to change that', there is indeed no point. You are an angry man for sure.

But why would you be offended? Either I am right, in which case you should thank me for pointing out your error or I am wrong. If I'm wrong, why should my error offend you? I would be the one with the problem and you should feel sorry for me. This is supposed to be a discussion, not attacking people because you disagree or misunderstand...

I might as well add that I've raised two sets of children and no longer need a mortgage, so don't bother explaining.
Old 23-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thDimension
I might as well add that I've raised two sets of children and no longer need a mortgage, so don't bother explaining.

And yet you still consider caring for kids as 'emotional hogwash'. I have nothing constructive to say in response to that.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Knower
At no point did I say that caring for kids is emotional hogwash - that's your creation.
Old 24-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Master
Quote:
The kids routine is emotional hogwash is it? I suggest before you make judgements like that you might want to wait until you have actually reached adulthood and actually experienced something of life beyond school.
Why are you turning this dialogue into a passive-aggressive barrage of insults? 5thDimension correctly pointed out that soul agreements come into play with this question. There was no mention of anything you're describing here. You're responding emotionally because you've chosen to look for and find offense in 5thDimension's remarks. If the idea of "leaving kids behind" is an emotional issue for you, that's fine. But don't project your emotional relationship with this question on others. That's on you, that's your thing.

And stop with the schoolyard bully replies. "Wait until you have actually reached adulthood"? That's offensive; that's baiting and absolutely against forum rules.

Also, why would you even assume that 5thDimension wouldn't have a human, adult, feeling relationship with the question of children losing their parents? Can one not point out various spiritual realities and discuss them, without being branded an uncaring and unfeeling person? What is that reaction of yours about?
Old 24-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Badger1777

Its right there in post #6 and quoted in post #9, but to be honest I don't care. You can all pat yourselves on the back and talk about soul contracts. I'll try to cling to this life so I can look after those that depend on me for as long as possible, hopefully at least until they no longer depend on me for their home and meals.

If you think I'm in violation of the rules, then hit report. Perhaps I am too angry some times, I don't mean to be. I just get wound up when people start being to blasé about issues that direct affect other people. This is supposed to be a 'spiritual' forum, but its all about self interest. Death is ok because there's no such thing and all that. I don't fear my death etc. Great. Your kids might. Your friends and parents and colleagues might. I'd have thought someone who claimed to be interest in anything spiritual would understand this. Clearly that's ambitious and optimistic assumption.

"Can one not point out various spiritual realities and discuss them, without being branded an uncaring and unfeeling person?". I guess that depends if they use phrases like "emotional hogwash" when talking about kids that may be affected by anything that might happen to their parents. Again, its there in post #6.

But as has been pointed out. I am angry and perhaps offensive. Which is why I suggested that the thread moves on from my little issue with it. Perhaps hitting the report button is the way to go. With a bit of luck, you may get me banned, and then you can all start competing again to see who has the least fear of death without having to worry about someone like me coming on and reminding people that what happens to us affects those we care most dearly about.
Old 24-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Knower
I've thought long and hard about replying again as it may be better to just let this rest. But, you really, really have misunderstood several things.

My comment 'emotional hogwash' wasn't referring to kids at all - it was referring to your unbalanced and curt comment to my post. You've proven me correct because it's clearly coming from some raw nerve place in you and you should look at it and try and find out why.

As I said, a life is a life and a small thing for an eternal soul. To become outraged because I suggest that a child's few years are the same as an adults few years when compared to eternity is bizarre! Of course, as physical human animals we 'instinctively' value children's lives more highly because we have a need to continue our genes but from a spiritual point of view, there's just no reason for this at all.

Your argument is totally physically based and doesn't take into consideration that things like death and childhood suffering are not random, accidental events but happen by agreement at some level and are learning experiences - the very reason we have a physical existence on this planet.

Since I have taken the trouble to try and clarify this for you and you obviously want to have a spiritual viewpoint or you wouldn't be on this forum, I am going to risk another attack by pointing something else out!

"But to be honest I don't care", "I'll try to cling to this life", "so I can look after those that depend on me FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE", are all phrases used by 'victims'. Something in your life has caused you to see yourself as a victim and that's why you become angry with other people's behaviour.

Ask yourself why what other people say or do should make you angry? This is of course very common and accepted but quite ridiculous and illogical. It can only happen if it touches some nerve.

I haven't been offended by you at all - just a little surprised. I honestly wish you and your children all the best (and I hope you live for a long time!).
Old 25-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
With a bit of luck, you may get me banned
No, that's your thing as well. Nobody can get another person banned. But people get themselves banned by posting antagonistic and condescending comments such as, "You might want to wait until you have actually reached adulthood and actually experienced something of life beyond school."
Old 25-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Master

Badger has deactivated his account. He's no longer here to read or respond to your posts....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator
Personally, I could see both sides of what you were all talking about. I think there were some misunderstandings and am sorry to see Badger go.

However our contracts also to care and nurture our families and loved ones on this Earth are also vitally important.

But to get back to the original point of this thread, it is very possible to take what we need for balanced sustenance from vegan sources, without really having to 'kill' anything. Sure -we may eat the hazelnuts/plums/apples we need, but we don't kill or hurt the tree. With sunflower seeds etc, we can take some and leave some for the birds....We can take leaves from a cabbage as many as we can eat for one day, and let the cabbage eventually flower, and seed, and live its natural life-cycle. (Of course to eat that way you would have to plant a lot in the garden! But it does work because that's how I did my vegetable gardening.)