Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Master
Would you stop consuming dairy for a better health?

I have stop consuming dairy for at least a month now and last night I decide to have a little bit of ice cream. I figure a little bit should be fine, but nope!! I was so wrong, I started having stomach cramps, bloating, I didn't feel good at all. As of today again, I'm back to not consuming anything that's dairy. I was reading online too, how bad is cheese for your body from hormones in your milk to addictive drugs in the cheese to making you obese. Its was a very interesting report. I will look it up later and post it. If you are looking to reduce some fat in your diet you may want to put the cheese and ice cream to a side!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Master
Some people are glucous intolerant, many are not.
Also, regarding those who use weights and workout, many feel that milk is helpful for bulking up. Whey is considered a high quality protein resource, more easily assimilated than other supplement forms.

I was going to start a thread however on, "Mucous", which is a more general topic involving dairy, and a meat based diet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Master
People can be allergic to many things - I've heard milk / lactose-intolerance is a rather common one.....when I was a kid, we always had good old homogenized/pasturized milk, which I blame for my weight issues starting at a young age.

What I've been reading lately on mercola.com and elsewhere, is that treated milk (homogenized/pasturized) as opposed to raw milk, is the problem, oftentimes with people having bad reaction to it. In Europe, they sell raw milk in vending machines, so according to the stuff I've read supporting raw milk consumption, the 'dangers' of drinking raw milk is overblown big-time because of the power of the established milk 'industry'.

I love cheese,
though.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Suspended
There's a video called Udderly Amazing that shows how milk is species specific. It claims that mamals only need milk while growing & that the milk is taylored for its species. Cows need milk for strength, humans need milk for intelligence or something to that effect. It points out that you don't see adult mamals feeding from the mother. It's been years since I watched it so might have some of the details wrong, but it's an interesting film.
After listening the the part about enzyms, i stopped drinking milk & have been fine since. I intend to cut out dairy completely.

Udderly Amazing
Old 07-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Some people are glucous intolerant, many are not.
Also, regarding those who use weights and workout, many feel that milk is helpful for bulking up. Whey is considered a high quality protein resource, more easily assimilated than other supplement forms.

I was going to start a thread however on, "Mucous", which is a more general topic involving dairy, and a meat based diet.

Sorry, meant to say "Lactose" intolerant.

Around the year 2000, I lost 25 lbs. in a month and a half.
Got on the bike, left off of sugar and carbs except for some whole wheat toast in the am, and veggies. In the last couple of weeks, drank no milk.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Experiencer
I have stopped consuming dairy for a better health and it really works.

I switched from milk to fortified soy drink when I switched to vegetarian to meet my B12 and calcium demands. My health improved from the vegetarian diet but it did not cure all my problems. Weight loss was still very difficult or impossible at all and I also had heartburn from time to time.

Two years after I went vegetarian my weight seemed to spiral out of control so something had to happen. That was the moment I threw cheese out of my diet, the last bit of dairy. From then on losing weight happened without hardly any effort at all. My BMI dropped from 30 to 26 without any effort.
Also the heartburn had disappeared, and I am so grateful for that.

I still eat cheese occasionally, but only when it's part of a product like pizza. And I am moving away from such pizza's more and more.
Ice cream are so delicious. I know what they do to me so I am very careful with that. I found coconut ice cream some time ago, made entirely from coconut. Wasn't too bad.

All in all I am very happy with the switch I have made to dairy free. I see a lot of people around me with weight issues and I know a lot of people have troubles with their health that, according to me, would disappear if they would go dairy free. But you can take a horse to the water, but you can't make it to drink.
So I talk to them, I listen to them, and I am so happy I am no longer one of them in terms of diets. I will never go back there again. My health has improved way too much for that.

At present my BMI is around 24 and now my body is much more responsive to my efforts of losing weight. If I gain 1 kg I can lose it much easier then in the past. With dairy that would not be possible.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Sounds like some Lactaid was needed with that ice cream, deyheaven.
Not cheap...I'm thinking $12 a bottle. Should be $4.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-08-2014, 02:31 AM
Natasharabbit

I stopped consuming dairy once I realized the high price, gentle, vulnerable, living beings were paying for my choices. 'Little Bobby Calves" they are born to die so humans can take their Mother's milk.
If I ever crave dairy, which I don't now, I just have to watch this video then the choice is easy. I wouldn't touch it! http://www.animalsaustralia.org/issues/dairy.php
Old 17-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Mystica

My health improved a lot. My blood pressure went down by 20 points, going from hyper to normal within 6 months. It took about 6 months for my body to adjust to a vegan diet. I also lost 15 Kg without too much effort. I reckon it was all the hidden fats and sugars that I no longer consume.
Old 18-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Master
I'm so glad so many of you have notice health improvements after not consuming dairy. I have notice improvement in my health too!! I believe that dairy is not as good for you as many people think.