Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 02-03-2024, 05:29 AM
Master
Sounds good-one negative to watch out for is the cash strapped councils having to sell off land,and some of the businesses that buy the land quite cheap.Hopefully the tree planters can snap up council land.
My fuchias haven't started to sprout yet so maybe they have succombed to the winter cold,a clematis I have indoors sprouted and was full of greenfly,I looked on net for DIY spray and peppermint oil was mentioned,a few drops in a water bottle spray and it appears to have kept them off.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:48 AM
Master

Yes , very cash strapped councils selling unwanted land ..
Oh if only I had cash !!!
Times like this you wish you were rich.

Try not to worry too much about your fuchsia ...
Mine have been described as the most beautiful in my town. They are the size of a small car and twice as tall...
But last year I honestly thought one of them had "died".
Felt very sad.
It was just barren sticks.
But it came back as lovely as ever.
( Yes peppermint a deterrent , I use it inside mostly )
Old 27-03-2024, 04:14 AM
Master
I have out in back a bean stalk that is about 12 to 15 feet tall. I know some of the branches have died and leaves are forth coming on some of the other branches.

I love growing beans....... I had one that was 17 feet tall with a 22 inch waist.

I would like to take a picture of a little boy or girl climbing the bean stalk. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-03-2024, 01:24 PM
Master

Haha.... Well I can't compete with your beanstalks but I'm growing mustard cress and lettuce on my kitchen windowsill.
( Oh but I love loads and loads of mustard cress in an egg mayo sandwich or on a salad , and full of goodness )...
Old 06-04-2024, 06:41 PM
Master
I planted some hollyhocks in one bed and want to plant some more in another bed. I like them but I think our climate doesn't like hollyhocks.

Mustard cress and lettuce are such delights. I might plant some myself.

Does that egg mayo sandwhich come free with them? LOL!
Sound delicious.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-04-2024, 09:08 AM
Master

Haha.....
Yes, a free egg mayo sandwich with every new sapling planted !!!
As for you planting the cress and lettuce , good !!
But the cress only needs the seeds sprinkled on a few wads of damp kitchen roll or something similar and put on a windowsill.

To be honest , it's so cheap to buy , only something like 25p a punnet, but it's unavailable anywhere in my little town , so i grow my own..
Old 07-04-2024, 04:30 PM
Master
I have some nice beds outside for them.

Because of the heat, I have 99% black-out blinds and 99% black-out curtains on the windows so, having plants on the curtain sill is out of the question.

I have cleaned up my back yard, side yard and almost got done the front yard. I was surprised at all the debris I have removed.

Old 09-04-2024, 03:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have some nice beds outside for them.

Because of the heat, I have 99% black-out blinds and 99% black-out curtains on the windows so, having plants on the curtain sill is out of the question.

I have cleaned up my back yard, side yard and almost got done the front yard. I was surprised at all the debris I have removed.
Yes the poor cress seeds would wilt before they have chance to sprout LOL...

We don't have that problem here in UK.
More likely that any outdoor produce here is prone to becoming waterlogged !
Old 09-04-2024, 07:47 PM
Master
Can you grow peonies in your area?

Back east in New York state, I use to grow them in hedges. At times, I would dig up the roots and end up with two peonies from one peony. The plants would attract ants but what surprised me was, the yellow jacket hornets that would buzz around me but never stung me.

Old 10-04-2024, 12:16 PM
Master

Hi John, yes we grow peonies here.
I've grown them myself along with roses , hydrangeas , iris' etc in my garden in Leeds .
What I DIDNT expect when i moved to the sea was the vareity of plants that could grow and survive with all the salt air....

My cherry blossom tree is in full bloom now and is as tall as our 3 storey house and almost as wide
It's quite a spectacle .

I'll take a pic to send you.